***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

:rofl:

I've been to concerts where the main feature seemed to be OSHA-violating decibels! Maybe appropriate for large outdoor venues, but not indoors. At the end of her show, she made it a point to congratulate her sound man for doing a good job (she was signing posters and CD's in the room while the earlier band was playing).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MicHobbs said:

I attended Chevel's concert in Roswell last night and she put on a wonderful performance singing for ninety minutes. Most songs were from her album with some covers of favorites like "Red Neck Woman" and her new "Looking for Loretta" single and one other new one I didn't recognize. There were no songs from her time on the Voice. The band that preceded her, "Straight Tequila Night" was from DFW and so loud I went out to my truck to get earplugs but they were not needed for Chevel's excellent performance.

Attendance was very disappointing in my opinion - I would say only several hundred to four hundred max (I'll see if I get a better number when I talk to a friend later today). There was lots of room (the convention hall could hold 1,800) and we could bring in our own chairs (like you would have at a picnic).  I attribute this to two things - first weather. The show was moved indoors due to flooding earlier in the week and a forecast for more heavy storms this weekend. However last night was clear but hot and steamy and we were glad to be indoors. The second possible reason was lack of advertising on the local country stations. I listened off and on all week alternating between two of them and didn't hear a mention though one was heavily pushing an upcoming concert in the DFW area and talking drawings for a free trip with benefits.

However, before and after the performance Chevel signed posters and her first CD, and the line after her show had fifty or more waiting visit and purchase. Her mom held down the table which was in the convention hall along with refreshment stands and a couple of other vendors. Outside the room in the foyer there were dozens of booths set up to sell UFO related items and knickknacks. My young friend (about her age) brought his girlfriend and they danced just about every song in front of the stage and they were very good and complemented her singing entertainment. There was also a young 60's couple who were lively too - it was very much fun to see. Very few other than those two couples danced, although there was plenty of room for them.

I'm uploading a picture but the max size (60kB) is so small it's little more than a thumbnail in the preview.

IMG_1009-2.jpg

Thanks for the write up. What you’re saying matches up with what I’ve seen everywhere from people who’ve attended her post-pandemic shows. Chevel puts on a great show. And I’ve seen it in the limited clips that have leaked out. She’s a pro. Anyway, I don’t think 300-400 $40 tickets sold, 6 hours from her hometown, and 2 1/2 years from her win is terrible. Could it be better? Absolutely. I’m strictly thinking Voice contestant standards here. From that standpoint, it’s not bad. I’m assuming she’s ready to move out from that shadow, and take the next step. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

She’s getting recognized by CMT too?! Congrats Chevel!!! 🥰

Well, with any luck 🍀 soon she will be recognized by some bigger, more influential outfit 🤣

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

She’s getting recognized by CMT too?! Congrats Chevel!!! 🥰

You probably weren’t around IDF, but she’s been highlighted on there before, and a couple of her videos were on the CMT countdown for a few weeks, where fans vote to keep them on for the following week. CMT isn’t part of my cable package, so I didn’t watch it, but I think The Letter made it to #6-7...somewhere in there. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

You probably weren’t around IDF, but she’s been highlighted on there before, and a couple of her videos were on the CMT countdown for a few weeks, where fans vote to keep them on for the following week. CMT isn’t part of my cable package, so I didn’t watch it, but I think The Letter made it to #6-7...somewhere in there. 

Oh, I didn’t know about that. I knew about the CMT countdown inclusions though (mostly because I was voting for Danielle though… :stealth:)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh, I didn’t know about that. I knew about the CMT countdown inclusions though (mostly because I was voting for Danielle though… :stealth:)

Next time she has a video on there, throw some Chevel’s way too. It takes a dedicated fanbase, and lot of power voting to make it on to that countdown. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Next time she has a video on there, throw some Chevel’s way too. It takes a dedicated fanbase, and lot of power voting to make it on to that countdown. 

I will! 

• Like 1

I thought about putting this in the “Voice Fans say the darndest things” thread, but this probably isn’t a Voice fan, since it was on the CMT Facebook page. 

WTF is the matter with people? :haha:

Chevel somewhat jokingly said...

ccCKFLo.jpg

And this is one of the comments....

epaQj82.png

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Chevel is live streaming on Instagram from her bus right now instead of doing her usual Thursday cover. She's sung a few songs, she's doing Looking for Loretta right now.

Saw her sing that, Good Boy and Little White Church. She probably hasn’t sung that last one in a while, but she can sing any song she knows off the cuff and slay it, and she did. She clearly held back on the raspy parts, probably to save her voice. 

I hope they have a good turnout in Montana. That’s a town of only about 700 people. Since it’s a fundraiser for the hospital, there should be more incentive for locals to support it. 

• Thanks 1

“Looking For Loretta” has 1.8 million views on TikTok. It will very likely get to 2M whether it be in the next few days or weeks. It slowed down to the point where I thought it was mostly done a week ago, but it just keeps going. She’s gained about 80K followers from that video, and is up to 188K, without really taking it seriously or trying very hard. Probably about 150K of her followers were gained from her two top videos. That’s TikTok in a nutshell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Cool backdrop for her show in Montana last night. There’s no video I can find as of yet. 

HidkYC5.png

Ooh, I love the backdrop! ☺️ Hopefully a video pops up soon. 

1926818854_ChevelShepherdWildfire-compressed.jpeg.d2c94cd3e77e0335c87de6ca92b9eb0d.jpeg

The film "Wildfire" was premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last week and was received well by audiences according to the investor report:

" Highlighting the strong “Native American” cast and crew angle, WILDFIRE was able to elevate itself above most of the other independent films at Cannes to draw media interest and support. This strategy also served as a terrific catalyst for branding and visibility of the upcoming MyFlix streaming venture." There were supposed to be further high-profile cast additions prior to the film's release but they were not mentioned in the release.

https://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2021/07/big-win-for-hhse-myflix-media-day-in.html

Edited by MicHobbs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"WILDFIRE" is a family-appeal feature film inspired by the #1 international hit song by Michael Martin Murphey and the Legend of the Cherokee Ghost Horse. The film stars Chevel Shepherd, winner of NBC's "The Voice" competition, along with screen veteran Anne Heche, Native American star Mo Brings Plenty ("Yellowstone"), Michael Martin Murphey ("Lonesome Dove") and Cassie Self ("Sweet Inspirations"). The announcement of additional star talent in the film is being withheld as per an agreement for first-break of this news with a major entertainment publication. 

"WILDFIRE" tells the story of a 16-year old girl whose life in Dallas is turned upside down with the tragic death of her father in a car accident. With no other options, the girl (Samantha) moves to Oklahoma - along with her mother and younger brother - to live with Grandma Bette at her home on Sparrowhawk Mountain. Samantha struggles to adapt to this new lifestyle, but is shunned by the local popular girls and secretly reeked with guilt that she may have contributed to her father's car crash. While walking home from school each day, Samantha finds herself being followed by one of the many wild horses in the area. Ultimately, she and the horse connect into what blossoms into an emotional awakening for Samantha and a turning point for her new life. But tragedy strikes again when a summer Tornado rips through the region, frightening the horse she has named "Wildfire" and triggering his escape from the barn and into the woods. Samantha fights the wind and rains in her pursuit of the horse into the night until a fall off the cliff puts her life in mortal danger. The entire town turns out in a massive search-and-rescue attempt to find Samantha the next day. But it is not until Wildfire himself alerts the local spiritual leader, Udeli Soquili, that Samantha is found and rescued.

"Wildfire" is an uplifting story of redemption and forgiveness, set against the stunning vistas of the eastern Oklahoma mountains and rivers. The film has a broad appeal to all audiences and an impressive music score, including new tracks by Michael Martin Murphey, Chevel Shepherd and many more artists. 

https://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2021/03/hannover-house-sets-wildfire-buyers.html

17 minutes ago, MicHobbs said:

1926818854_ChevelShepherdWildfire-compressed.jpeg.d2c94cd3e77e0335c87de6ca92b9eb0d.jpeg

The film "Wildfire" was premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last week and was received well by audiences according to the investor report:

" Highlighting the strong “Native American” cast and crew angle, WILDFIRE was able to elevate itself above most of the other independent films at Cannes to draw media interest and support. This strategy also served as a terrific catalyst for branding and visibility of the upcoming MyFlix streaming venture." There were supposed to be further high-profile cast additions prior to the film's release but they were not mentioned in the release.

https://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2021/07/big-win-for-hhse-myflix-media-day-in.html

Yeah, I’ve been following it. I have no reason to doubt that it would be well received, but the guy who writes their press releases comes off as a snake oil salesman. Lots of things he has said in the past couple years have not come to fruition. I’m in believe it when I see it mode on this movie. That does not mean I doubt that it will be good, but that company has had ongoing legal and financial trouble ever since I started following the story. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I’ve been following it. I have no reason to doubt that it would be well received, but the guy who writes their press releases comes off as a snake oil salesman. Lots of things he has said in the past couple years have not come to fruition. I’m in believe it when I see it mode on this movie. That does not mean I doubt that it will be good, but that company has had ongoing legal and financial trouble ever since I started following the story. 

That's certainly true. Most of their blogs have had to do with investor lawsuits, fights with competitors and document filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. They are trying to launch competition to NetFlix entitled MyFlix. I have yet to see a movie trailer for this production  (there are trailers for movies/TVseries with the same name on YouTube). But I hope for the best for this effort.

Edited by MicHobbs
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, MicHobbs said:

That's certainly true. Most of their blogs have had to do with both investor lawsuits, fights with competitors and document filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. They are trying to launch competition to NetFlix entitled MyFlix. I have yet to see a movie trailer for this production  (there are trailers for movies/TVseries with the same name on YouTube). But I hope for the best for this effort.

My understanding is they were looking for a buyer, which was the initial reason given for the showing at Cannes. That press release says nothing about that, so who knows what’s going on. Also, it’s unclear to me whether the filming has been completed. Chevel has mentioned still having to go back to finish, but she doesn’t bring it up anymore. She’s two years older now. Maybe she doesn’t know any more about it than we do. 

Edited by TeamAudra