Jump to content

***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***


Recommended Posts

“Making music” sounds like writing songs to me. Imagine Chevel as a good songwriter, to go along with the creativity she shows vocally. 
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen her do this. She looks like a teen, talks like a teen. But, she is wise beyond her years. I guarantee that girl feels a little better now.     

This is just a small sample of many, many of these.      People used to reply to these all the time, but they’ve given up. There are way more of these than usual u

If you like Chevel, vote for Cam.  (still freaking out that she used my voting poster ) 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Making music” sounds like writing songs to me. Imagine Chevel as a good songwriter, to go along with the creativity she shows vocally. 
 

 

Like Maddie and Tae. :wub:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Like Maddie and Tae. :wub:


I can’t wait to find out! I think she’ll have her own style entirely, because that’s what she does. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just listened to the Million Years Ago cover and OH MY LANTA, I am shook. I had to replay it soo many times. I rarely like Adele covers because Adele’s artistry is just undeniable in its quality and other versions always fall short for me. 
 

With that being said, Chevel’s version of Million Years Ago is the perfect amount of everything that a cover should be. It’s one where you’re left wondering what else that artist can do and it’s different enough that you’re not comparing it to anyone else. 
 

Like wow, Chevel’s abilities are only improving day-by-day and I’m here for it. We stan a distinctive and undeniable queen.👏🏽🌟

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harmat said:

I just listened to the Million Years Ago cover and OH MY LANTA, I am shook. I had to replay it soo many times. I rarely like Adele covers because Adele’s artistry is just undeniable in its quality and other versions always fall short for me. 
 

With that being said, Chevel’s version of Million Years Ago is the perfect amount of everything that a cover should be. It’s one where you’re left wondering what else that artist can do and it’s different enough that you’re not comparing it to anyone else. 
 

Like wow, Chevel’s abilities are only improving day-by-day and I’m here for it. We stan a distinctive and undeniable queen.👏🏽🌟


Agree with all. I don’t know if you were around at the time, but this Adele cover is still my favorite of hers. 
 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


Agree with all. I don’t know if you were around at the time, but this Adele cover is still my favorite of hers. 
 

 

Don’t make me choose a favorite of the two. :haha:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


Agree with all. I don’t know if you were around at the time, but this Adele cover is still my favorite of hers. 
 

 

Millions Years Ago is excellent, but I like this more. She's so versatile! Plus, I'm biased toward this one because this is one of the first Adele songs I'd heard, so I like it more.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Millions Years Ago is excellent, but I like this more. She's so versatile! Plus, I'm biased toward this one because this is one of the first Adele songs I'd heard, so I like it more.


Yeah, she’ll do lives and people will request songs, and she’ll look them up and sing them, even in cases where she’s never sang the song before, and sounds pretty good. Doesn’t even matter the genre. That takes a lot confidence to do that. Her improvement over even the past year has been remarkable, in terms of her emotional connection to the songs. I don’t know whether it’s real or just acting. “Someone Like You” is perhaps the best example of what I’m taking about. Is that emotion real? Because if it is, holy shit. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 12:35 PM, QueenCami said:

Millions Years Ago is excellent, but I like this more. She's so versatile! Plus, I'm biased toward this one because this is one of the first Adele songs I'd heard, so I like it more.

Yes, both are top notch covers. I think I'm biased towards Million Years Ago just because the lyrics encapsulate my entire life right now, so it just hits in a deep place.😪

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, TeamAudra said:


Yeah, she’ll do lives and people will request songs, and she’ll look them up and sing them, even in cases where she’s never sang the song before, and sounds pretty good. Doesn’t even matter the genre. That takes a lot confidence to do that. Her improvement over even the past year has been remarkable, in terms of her emotional connection to the songs. I don’t know whether it’s real or just acting. “Someone Like You” is perhaps the best example of what I’m taking about. Is that emotion real? Because if it is, holy shit. 

Yeah, definitely. Her finale original is possibly my favourite one that a winner has done on the show. So I always go back and listen to it, but I'm always shocked by how much better she's gotten at emoting. Granted, it has been 2.5 years, but it's still astonishing to see improvement at that scale from someone who was already excellent. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harmat said:

Yeah, definitely. Her finale original is possibly my favourite one that a winner has done on the show. So I always go back and listen to it, but I'm always shocked by how much better she's gotten at emoting. Granted, it has been 2.5 years, but it's still astonishing to see improvement at that scale from someone who was already excellent. 


Yeah, she went from not emoting much at all on certain songs, to being one of the better emoters I can think of, almost overnight. It’s crazy. She sings those songs like she’s been through some shit. It could be the acting, or not. I can’t tell. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you imagine what a job it must be & time it takes to braid all that thick curly hair Chevel has?  Cool, I was going to put this here, but somehow hadn't yet.  Oh 👀, it must be Saturday 😂  The birds 🐦 are a nice touch 😊  It's fun when an actress & a singer come together 😉

Edited by Drew1903
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This week’s cover. ❤️


It’s a good cover, but (I hope this isn’t taken the wrong way, because my intent is not to be negative) it doesn’t WOW me like some of her others. Why? Because it’s not a song she can make her own with her unique style. We already have a Miranda Lambert. Having said that, Miranda does have some songs that I make an exception for. “Tin Man” is at the top of the list. Her performance of that song in her online concert literally gave me chills. It fits Chevel like a glove. She sings it better than Miranda does. Go write one like that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

At least she has several gigs coming up. She’s probably getting tired of sitting around the house for the last year. 
 

This one is in July in Montana. 
 

https://stayhappening.com/e/chevel-shepherd-in-concert-E2ISTM2G17L

 

This is another festival. Nebraska in July. 
 

https://www.windmillfestival.com/chevel-shepherd

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

At least she has several gigs coming up. She’s probably getting tired of sitting around the house for the last year. 
 

This one is in July in Montana. 
 

https://stayhappening.com/e/chevel-shepherd-in-concert-E2ISTM2G17L

 

This is another festival. Nebraska in July. 
 

https://www.windmillfestival.com/chevel-shepherd


That makes or means 3 in July.  UFO gig is July, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Drew1903 said:


That makes or means 3 in July.  UFO gig is July, too.


Could even be more for all we know. I had to google those. In other words, they are not on Chevel’s website or social media. She’s good at promoting the music and tours of others. Her own? Not so much. It’s making me tired. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

See, she does have more in July (she updated her website). 
 

This is a pretty good one. Headlining two nights at a casino. Maybe some of her fans live nearby, and might want to catch that. 
 

vl2ttrX.png
 

And the Nebraska festival is actually in June. 
 

k9ZhGX4.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...