***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I mention, can Refresh the page & VOTE ✔, again...  

This week’s cover...   ”Go Rest High On That Mountain”   Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power.     

Posted Images

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I hope those being posted are a sign that the movie is about to go into production, starring Chevel. 

It looks like it might just be because Charlie saw a Hair cast picture from the second guy I posted about and  he got nostalgic and posted some things. Hopefully something does come to fruition with that project, but it seems projects like this can take awhile to be fully realized so just because we're not hearing anything for awhile about it we shouldn't assume it's dead. Since the actors they cast are pretty young they should be suitable for their roles for awhile.

4 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

It looks like it might just be because Charlie saw a Hair cast picture from the second guy I posted about and  he got nostalgic and posted some things. Hopefully something does come to fruition with that project, but it seems projects like this can take awhile to be fully realized so just because we're not hearing anything for awhile about it we shouldn't assume it's dead. Since the actors they cast are pretty young they should be suitable for their roles for awhile.

Probably. Here’s another one just posted. 

Posted (edited)

“Sooner than later?” Hmmm...

Worth keeping an eye on, anyway. There sure are a lot of them posting about this in their own accounts. 

There are so many comments from Charlie’s fans, like...”OMG, what is that voice”...”who is this girl”....”wow, she can sing”...etc. 

I have a feeling she’ll be doing something with Kenny Ortega and this group, whether it’s “Hair” or something else. I think a bunch of them are in the Julie and the Phantoms series. It’s still a mystery how she made this connection with Kenny, but that’s typical Chevel. Good for her. 

OyGRQaK.png

Edited by TeamAudra

She gained about 3K IG followers from the post above, and he didn’t even tag her. It was at 123K the other day. This is definitely the group to be associated with to gain more younger fans. If she gets more involved with one of those projects her follower numbers will skyrocket. 

ThpjMQa.png

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
On 9/26/2020 at 8:09 PM, TeamAudra said:

“I Fall To Pieces” - Patsy Cline 

Very nice. 

She wants another million Facebook views, and she’ll probably get it. BTW, “Harper Valley PTA” is on the verge of 2 million. 

Just as I suspected this one hit a million views. 

Also, her Harper Valley PTA video is getting a 2nd surge. It’s picked up a couple hundred thousand more views in the last day or so, after slowing down for a bit. Up to 2.3 million. It must have reached another new group of people, resulting in a lot more shares. 

Also up to 180K Facebook followers. She’s gaining about 20-30K followers per month doing this, and it seems to be accelerating a little. 

Edited by TeamAudra

“Can’t wait to work with you again.” 

That was spoken like she knows it’s going to happen, but we’ll see. She’s a costume designer who’s worked on five Kenny Ortega projects, including the current series Julie and the Phantoms. I’m assuming she was involved with the “Hair” project. 

OA7LhCC.png

https://instagram.com/soyonan?igshid=xs6wkk3ywawh

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

They likely have good reason to expect that they will work together again on something in the future

Probably, or she would have said “hope to work with you again,” rather than “can’t wait to work with you again.” 

There have been many signs that something is in the works. My guess is the “Hair” project will be moving forward. Need to see concrete proof, though! 

Edited by TeamAudra

Here’s a preview of an interview airing on TCN tomorrow. I doubt anyone here subscribes to that network, but hopefully the full interview will eventually get posted online. Also...hopefully, she’ll be asked questions about the future, rather than a bunch of questions about The Voice season that she won nearly two years ago.  Chevel doesn’t share much about the behind the scenes aspects of her career, and she tends to be hesitant to promote herself. She needs someone to pry those things out of her. 

Chevel announced her drive-in concert scheduled for 10/24 has been postponed due to new regulations that have been imposed by the local government. She said she supported the decision in order to keep everyone safe. Also the event organizers are sending out a newsletter with more information regarding the postponement.

1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

Chevel announced her drive-in concert scheduled for 10/24 has been postponed due to new regulations that have been imposed by the local government. She said she supported the decision in order to keep everyone safe. Also the event organizers are sending out a newsletter with more information regarding the postponement.

Yeah, I saw that. It’s unfortunate, but I’m not surprised. New Mexico is experiencing a huge spike in cases. Personally, I don’t see a problem with an outdoor concert, with people spread out like they had planned, but New Mexico’s COVID mandates have been on the more strict side. There again, is an example of Chevel just taking everything in stride. She’s probably disappointed, but she won’t dwell on it.

5 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

I, also, agree and wholeheartedly support the decision. It is good local (State) governments do what is right, regardless of and ignoring Chump. 👍👍

I’m no Trump supporter, but I think we should leave national politics out of this discussion, since the federal government wasn’t involved in the decision.  

Edited by TeamAudra

Chevel went live on  Instagram Live to tell her fans that the concert is cancelled. She said she was disappointed it was cancelled because it had been such a long time since she's performed, but she would have another show eventually. Someone asked how Covid-19 has affected her personally and she mentioned that a few of her friends have gotten Covid and it's definitely something you should take seriously and everyone should wash their hands and wear masks.  On a lighter note she got on the topic of foreign languages and accents and she mentioned she was learning the song La Llorana and she sang some of it.

I spotted something interesting yesterday, regarding her acting career, but I’m going to keep an eye out before I share anything, just to make sure. The details around it are a little sketchy, but most people would recognize the name. This one doesn’t have anything to do with Kenny Ortega. There’s a chance it all could be a huge coincidence, but it seems unlikely. Her acting career could have a higher potential ceiling than her singing career, and she’s making connections with the right people. She Is signed with an agency for her acting career. Maybe that’s where these connections are coming from. 

Edited by TeamAudra
4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I spotted something interesting yesterday, regarding her acting career, but I’m going to keep an eye out before I share anything, just to make sure. The details around it are a little sketchy, but most people would recognize the name. This one doesn’t have anything to do with Kenny Ortega. There’s a chance it all could be a huge coincidence, but it seems unlikely. Her acting career could have a higher potential ceiling than her singing career, and she’s making connections with the right people. She Is signed with an agency for her acting career. Maybe that’s where these connections are coming from. 

Another collaborating clue just appeared....

Here’s what I have...

Last night, I noticed that BJ Novak recently followed her. Among other things, he was a writer, actor and executive producer for The Office.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._J._Novak

https://instagram.com/bjnovak?igshid=1im8vf4f5y68c

Since that seemed like an unusual connection, I decided to dig into his Instagram a little bit, and noticed this post from March. 

As you can see in the screen cap below, Chevel commented on this. 

IHcyl9E.png

So far, there’s not much unusual here. Maybe Chevel is just a fan, right? Hmmm...what about the fact that Novak followed her. Well, it turns out that movie was being filmed in Albuquerque, and production was postponed, due to COVID restrictions. I actually looked up the article referenced in that post. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/secret-blumhouse-thriller-vengeance-suspends-production-coronavirus-concerns-1284712

According to the article, Aston Kutcher, Issa Rae, and Boyd Holbrook star in the movie. I know who Kutcher is, but not the other two, although I feel like I should know who Issa Rae is. BJ Novak is the writer and director of the movie. 

Tonight, she followed the production company, Blumhouse. 

https://instagram.com/blumhouse?igshid=14ggpsgu5w8cy

And she tweeted this...

Seems like she’s either part of the cast of that movie, or will be working with Novak and Blumhouse on something else, in the very near future. 👍

Edited by TeamAudra