***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

This is likely something in New Mexico, because Jake Taylor is a student at NMSU. I’m guessing it’s either another commercial or another music video. 

kEtKQYO.jpg

Hope it's a new music video! This one doesn't look like a ballad, so I hope "Southern Boy" is getting this treatment. ☺️

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, echoap said:

I've been watching way too many 90's music videos lately I guess 😂 

She has a song on her unreleased album that could fit. I haven’t heard that song. I didn’t buy the hard copy CD (I’m 100% streaming now), and I don’t think she performed it in her virtual concert. I’ve been waiting for the rest of the album to get released , but I didn’t realize it would take this long. Her slow release of the songs, videos, and selling autographed CDs on her website has proven to be a smart strategy. Most people just drop one single, and then the entire album a few weeks later on iTunes and streaming platforms right away, and they run out of things to talk about within a couple weeks. 

From her website:

Forlorn “Just Like the Circus” waltzes with pedal steel and lovesick helplessness.” 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She has a song on her unreleased album that could fit. I haven’t heard that song. I didn’t buy the hard copy CD (I’m 100% streaming now), and I don’t think she performed it in her virtual concert. I’ve been waiting for the rest of the album to get released , but I didn’t realize it would take this long.

"Just Like the Circus" makes much more sense 😆

Her slow release of the songs, videos, and selling autographed CDs on her website has proven to be a smart strategy. Most people just drop one single, and then the entire album a few weeks later on iTunes and streaming platforms right away, and they run out of things to talk about within a couple weeks. 

Totally agree. All things considered, that was a very smart strategy. The lack of a label or lack of support from a label isn't a valid excuse to not improve/develop someone's career. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, Drew1903 said:

What the hell is she up to, now❔🤨🤔🤷‍♂️ Geeesh...  Always finding something, she is OR it's finding her...  

Oh, I see what it is... "Just like the circus you always leave town". Anxious to see this music video, keen to see what she does with this one 🤗

LMAO, this comment is on FB, under one of the census commercials, which has one of Chevel’s ORIGINALS playing in the background. 

7cTrwdM.png

Chevel replied with this gentle beatdown. She occasionally responds to these people, and always handles it like a pro. That guy is now in a box. She’s very disarming. 

abSu0Kl.png

I mean...she’s added about 100K Facebook followers in a few months, as a result of posting one cover per week. 

Chevel was on the local news in Albuquerque talking about launching her music career during a pandemic. She talked about using social media to stay connected with her fans. At the end they mentioned her drive-in concert.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/chevel-shepherd-talks-challenges-of-launching-a-music-career-during-pandemic/5864974/?cat=500

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1

Damn right, who cares. When you have a voice that sounds that good and beautiful... And, when you deliver a song that well

No, it doesn't matter, completely meaningless, totally irrelevant

WOW, it is such a pleasure listening to her sing

Edited by Drew1903

On 9/19/2020 at 11:26 AM, TeamAudra said:

“Whiskey and You” - Chris Stapleton. Vocals are on point, and she made it her own. Yeah, the subject matter and lyrics aren’t believable coming from her, but who cares. 

it doesn't matter that the song doesn't apply to her, because she emotes as if it does 🙂 

Edited by ashwinner

The whole "artist appropriate" thing is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.  For millions of songs & singers the tune sung doesn't necessarily relate directly back to them nor does one need to be from "personal experience".  Songs convey stories meaning & messages and GOOD singers are story tellers... no matter the performers' sex or age.  It's the voice & the delivery that matter.

We've, also, heard this same silliness applied to other musicians often and it IS, to me at least, nothing but silly.

40 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

The whole "artist appropriate" thing is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.  For millions of songs & singers the tune sung doesn't necessarily relate directly back to them nor does one need to be from "personal experience".  Songs convey stories meaning & messages and GOOD singers are story tellers... no matter the performers' sex or age.  It's the voice & the delivery that matter.

We've, also, heard this same silliness applied to other musicians often and it IS, to me at least, nothing but silly.

Let’s be clear, lyrics matter. If they aren’t believable, coming from the artist, they are just singing. I think it’s fine as a Saturday cover, but she couldn’t release something like that as her own. Anyway, the only complaints I saw from Team Minivan were relating to the drinking theme (even though she probably doesn’t drink).  It was only a few, and there were comments like...”well, if her parents are fine with her singing that...” Even though she’s a freaking adult, and can make her own choices. A lot of people don’t realize she’s 18. Overall, people like the cover. 

Edited by TeamAudra

That would be amazing, if true. I don’t know much about the movie business, but that sounds like an aggressive projection. It would certainly put Chevel on the map as an actress. BTW, I’ve seen enough from her commercials and such. I’m pretty confident she did a great job here, and was born to do this. I’m looking forward to the movie. 

——-

40 Million Viewers Projection: Outside Major Studio Distributor 

Chevel Shepherd ...... Anne Heche 

WILDFIRE  

The Legend of the Cherokee Ghost Horse 

".... It takes a Village" to make a Movie - and we excited to announce that the vast majority of CAST, CREW and SUPPLIERS for "WILDFIRE" are from TAHLEQUAH or within a 75-mile radius. 

On behalf of SNOWY MORNING, INC. - and the "Wildfire" Principals ERIC PARKINSON, CHRISTIAN LARGE, and MIKE SNYDER - we wish to thank all of those that helped us bring the film to a point of securing a Major Studio Distributor in advance of our final week of filming. We are immensely grateful to all to all of those that helped us with the production, and we are excited to learn that approximately FORTY-MILLION (40,000,000) Americans will see "WILDFIRE" (along with all of the businesses, sites and scenery of TAHLEQUAH) during the film's release to Television, Streaming, and Home Video next year (viewership numbers are Studio projections). 

This is a HUGE development... and we could not have done it without the support of so many people in and around Tahlequah! THANK YOU!  

40,000,000 Viewers Projection 

Outside Major Studio Distributor 

Incredible News, Congratulations (HHSE CEO Eric Parkinson - Director) 

Read More: https://investorshangout.com/post/view?id=5900940#ixzz6Yj7UcbFp

• Like 1