***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

Saturday song day- Countrified version of “Turn the Page” by Bob Seger. Glad she brought out the guitar out again. She ratcheted up the level of difficulty a little  for this one too. She clearly wants to actually play the guitar, as opposed to just strumming along. A year or two from now, she’ll probably be shredding. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I mention, can Refresh the page & VOTE ✔, again...  

This week’s cover...   ”Go Rest High On That Mountain”   Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power.     

Posted Images

Chevel is wonderful & SO enjoyable to hear the characteristics in her brilliant voice.  I really like Seeger's tunes, always have (especially, Against the Wind) and how Chevel treat it is fantastic.

As for her guitar playing... OMG, has that ever progressed far and fast❗ WOW❗ That IS impressive, indeed❗

On 9/11/2020 at 8:16 PM, TeamAudra said:

Well, she’s filming something tonight. Finishing the movie? Another commercial? Something else? Who knows. 

yvKXmat.jpg

Three more pictures from whatever she was filming to go along with this one...

8pwxwy2.jpg

AaEQpgK.jpg

Y1gdcKK.jpg

10 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

What the hell is she up to, now❔🤨🤔🤷‍♂️ Geeesh...  Always finding something, she is OR it's finding her...  

This is likely something in New Mexico, because Jake Taylor is a student at NMSU. I’m guessing it’s either another commercial or another music video. 

kEtKQYO.jpg

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

This is likely something in New Mexico, because Jake Taylor is a student at NMSU. I’m guessing it’s either another commercial or another music video. 

kEtKQYO.jpg

Hope it's a new music video! This one doesn't look like a ballad, so I hope "Southern Boy" is getting this treatment. ☺️

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, echoap said:

Hope it's a new music video! This one doesn't look like a ballad, so I hope "Southern Boy" is getting this treatment. ☺️

Dude’s dressed up as a clown, though. That’s not who’s she’s singing about in that song! 🙃

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Dude’s dressed up as a clown, though. That’s not who’s she’s singing about in that song! 🙃

I've been watching way too many 90's music videos lately I guess 😂 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, echoap said:

I've been watching way too many 90's music videos lately I guess 😂 

She has a song on her unreleased album that could fit. I haven’t heard that song. I didn’t buy the hard copy CD (I’m 100% streaming now), and I don’t think she performed it in her virtual concert. I’ve been waiting for the rest of the album to get released , but I didn’t realize it would take this long. Her slow release of the songs, videos, and selling autographed CDs on her website has proven to be a smart strategy. Most people just drop one single, and then the entire album a few weeks later on iTunes and streaming platforms right away, and they run out of things to talk about within a couple weeks. 

From her website:

Forlorn “Just Like the Circus” waltzes with pedal steel and lovesick helplessness.” 

Here’s another census commercial. This one is even better than the other one. “Everybody’s Got a Story” is playing in the background. She’s going to get more phone calls to do commercials. Guaranteed. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She has a song on her unreleased album that could fit. I haven’t heard that song. I didn’t buy the hard copy CD (I’m 100% streaming now), and I don’t think she performed it in her virtual concert. I’ve been waiting for the rest of the album to get released , but I didn’t realize it would take this long.

"Just Like the Circus" makes much more sense 😆

Her slow release of the songs, videos, and selling autographed CDs on her website has proven to be a smart strategy. Most people just drop one single, and then the entire album a few weeks later on iTunes and streaming platforms right away, and they run out of things to talk about within a couple weeks. 

Totally agree. All things considered, that was a very smart strategy. The lack of a label or lack of support from a label isn't a valid excuse to not improve/develop someone's career. 

Edited by echoap
  • Like 1

Absolutely! Heck, just look at The Warning. They did 2 albums and an EP independently until they finally found a favourable/suitable label. Chevel is smart and being smart about things. She will do very well.

• Like 1

That’s a bit of a different look for her. Im

expecting a lot of creativity in this video, based on the photos. She needs something appealing to her younger fans. This should do it. 

DNXejHk.jpg

VDCUIxX.jpg

yfKnIPf.jpg

On 9/12/2020 at 8:46 PM, Drew1903 said:

What the hell is she up to, now❔🤨🤔🤷‍♂️ Geeesh...  Always finding something, she is OR it's finding her...  

Oh, I see what it is... "Just like the circus you always leave town". Anxious to see this music video, keen to see what she does with this one 🤗

LMAO, this comment is on FB, under one of the census commercials, which has one of Chevel’s ORIGINALS playing in the background. 

7cTrwdM.png

Chevel replied with this gentle beatdown. She occasionally responds to these people, and always handles it like a pro. That guy is now in a box. She’s very disarming. 

abSu0Kl.png

I mean...she’s added about 100K Facebook followers in a few months, as a result of posting one cover per week. 

Chevel was on the local news in Albuquerque talking about launching her music career during a pandemic. She talked about using social media to stay connected with her fans. At the end they mentioned her drive-in concert.

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/chevel-shepherd-talks-challenges-of-launching-a-music-career-during-pandemic/5864974/?cat=500

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1

“Whiskey and You” - Chris Stapleton. Vocals are on point, and she made it her own. Yeah, the subject matter and lyrics aren’t believable coming from her, but who cares. 

Damn right, who cares. When you have a voice that sounds that good and beautiful... And, when you deliver a song that well

No, it doesn't matter, completely meaningless, totally irrelevant

WOW, it is such a pleasure listening to her sing

Edited by Drew1903