***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

It's a big factor that Chevel did it so well, too. Personally, I found her treatment of it more appealing than the original. And I am old enough to know the original 😂 The actress in her helps make her

visual performances gems.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I mention, can Refresh the page & VOTE ✔, again...  

This week’s cover...   ”Go Rest High On That Mountain”   Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power.     

Posted Images

Comment of the day under her Harper Valley PTA video on Facebook. 🙃

YDUWrTi.png

600K views in less than 72 hours, and already more shared than IWALY. So, yeah...not only will this surpass a million in the next couple days, but it will probably blow past IWALY as well. 

Edited by TeamAudra

She’ll be performing at this DRIVE-IN event in Albuquerque next month. Yes, they still have restrictions on large gatherings, but this they’re obviously making exceptions for people staying in their cars. I hope people can actually get out and walk around a little, or sit on the tailgate. Swon Brothers will be there too.

She should check into do more of this type of show until the restrictions get lifted. Yeah, they need an extremely large field for all the cars. One big enough for numerous hot air balloons. 

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s Chevel’s 2020 Census commercial. She even managed to get “Southern Boy” included in the background. 

Have to give Chevel heaps of credit for ops she receives or makes happen.  AND how well she does whatever it is.

Here’s a report on that Balloon Jamboree thing she’s headlining next month. There’s a video interview and story at the link which aired on the evening news. The Albuquerque NBC affiliate is sponsoring this, so she’s going to get a lot of screen time over the next several weeks, leading up to the event. 

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/chevel-shepherd-to-headline-drive-in-green-chile-jamboree-concert-at-balloon-fiesta-park/5855945/

Rather sounds like she is having some input with organizing or producing the event; in addition to headlining it.  And it is terrific, but I still want Chevel to, ALSO, see & focus beyond New Mexico.  Often seems she misses that idea... though, I am probably wrong (again).

33 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Rather sounds like she is having some input with organizing or producing the event; in addition to headlining it.  And it is terrific, but I still want Chevel to, ALSO, see & focus beyond New Mexico.  Often seems she misses that idea... though, I am probably wrong (again).

Just off the top of my head, she’s performed in the following states since her Voice win. 

New Mexico - numerous times obviously 

Arizona - With Kelly

Texas - PBR tour

Nevada - PBR world finals 

Indiana - Indy 500 “God Bless America”

Maryland - I think she did 3 appearances in that state 

Kentucky - Headlined her own show 

Florida - Opened for Maroon 5

Colorado

Michigan - LPGA event 

Missouri - halftime at KC Chiefs game 

^ I’m probably missing some. 

Other countries:

Canada - Can’t remember which city, probably Toronto 

Her virtual concert was available to anyone on the planet. 

This summer and Fall, she had shows scheduled in either North or South Dakota, Nebraska, New Jersey, Colorado, New Mexico, and Ohio, but they all got either cancelled or postponed due to COVID. I’m guessing she would have booked more too. 

She just turned 18 three months ago, and with the current situation, there aren’t exactly a lot of options, but that festival next month looks to be a big deal. She’s not at the point in her career where she can organize something like that in another state in the middle of a pandemic. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Yes, that IS good.  I'm probably more thinking of the early days when she seemed a bit on Farmington & NM, but true enough has gone past that & those days.  And, yes, certainly stuff via internet does have a global reach.  Seeing her included in the CMT Poll I thought was damn cool, too.

I really don't recall a Canadian gig.  I'll have to look into that or try...

In the process I happened to find this; we've seen it before, but still cool... Cowboys & Indians

So far can't find anything about a performance anywhere in Canada that I don't remember happening.  The biggest in Ontario is Boots & Hearts which is not in Toronto. Chevel was not on that bill last year.  Maybe, you're thinking of Danielle who has played there twice (19 & 18)

Edited by Drew1903
4 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

Yes, that IS good.  I'm probably more thinking of the early days when she seemed a bit on Farmington & NM, but true enough has gone past that & those days.  And, yes, certainly stuff via internet does have a global reach.  Seeing her included in the CMT Poll I thought was damn cool, too.

I really don't recall a Canadian gig.  I'll have to look into that or try...

In the process I happened to find this; we've seen it before, but still cool... Cowboys & Indians

So far can't find anything about a performance anywhere in Canada that I don't remember happening.  The biggest in Ontario is Boots & Hearts which is not in Toronto. Chevel was not on that bill last year.  Maybe, you're thinking of Danielle who has played there twice (19 & 18)

It was a private gig in Canada, but there were photos and videos posted by some of the attendees. 

Edited by TeamAudra
13 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s Chevel’s 2020 Census commercial. She even managed to get “Southern Boy” included in the background. 

This is really cool, especially the fact that she got to include "Southern Boy" in there 😊

Also, not surprised her voice gets regularly viral. There's a reason why she won The Voice back then :haha:

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, echoap said:

This is really cool, especially the fact that she got to include "Southern Boy" in there 😊

Also, not surprised her voice gets regularly viral. There's a reason why she won The Voice back then :haha:

Yeah, I think it’s because her voice is both classic and unique. Nobody else sounds like her. 99% of the Facebook comments are positive, but there’s the occasional moron who says she’s lip syncing to the original! LMAO. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I think it’s because her voice is both classic and unique. Nobody else sounds like her. 99% of the Facebook comments are positive, but there’s the occasional moron who says she’s lip syncing to the original! LMAO. 

There's always one of those 🤣

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It was a private gig in Canada, but there were photos and videos posted by some of the attendees. 

Oh, well that's very interesting. I wonder where it was...

50 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Oh, well that's very interesting. I wonder where it was...

I don’t recall what it was, but it’s not uncommon for these artists to do lucrative private gigs, and we never hear about them. In this case, she was posting stuff from Canada, and some of those in attendance were posting videos and pictures of her singing. She’s also done some private corporate type gigs in Albuquerque.

Apparently, they aren’t done filming Wildfire after all, and they will finish this month. There’s more hype about the actor that will portray Chevel’s father. The name will be released later this month, according to the article. 

——-

'WILDFIRE' was launched last August, with three of four weeks of principal photography completed, and a final week of filming to occur this month. Initial response from distributors in all major media has put the film into an accrued profit position even before completion. The availability of incentives from the State of Oklahoma, and from the Cherokee Nation, creates a favorable financial foundation for the next productions being developed by Hannover House, including the three films set for production in 2021.....

......Current cast for 'WILDFIRE' includes theatrical star ANNE HECHE (over $1.5-billion in cumulative box office films), 'Yellowstone' star MO BRINGS PLENTY, singer-songwriter MICHAEL MARTIN MURPHEY and winner of NBC's 'The Voice' competition, CHEVEL SHEPHERD as the lead. The story is partially inspired by the hit song 'Wildfire' by Michael Martin Murphey, along with the Legend of the Cherokee Ghost Horse, and tells the story of a young girl seeking forgiveness following a family tragedy. Hannover House will release the name of the final principal star in the film - the actor portraying the girl's father - later this month during the last week of filming.

https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/266349947/hannover-house-looks-to-expand-into-new-oklahoma-film-productions-with-belle-starr-primate-meltdown-and-production-facilities

1 hour ago, Drew1903 said:

Personally, I very much doubt this is Chevel's last acting gig.

I won’t be, and I’ll just say she’s very impressive in that Census commercial. That’s not easy to do. We have this retired pro baseball player in town who’s been doing TV ads for decades and still can’t come close to reading lines as well as her. She’s a natural. 

——

BTW, her “Harper Valley PTA” cover hit 1 million Facebook views in 5 days. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Agree with "she's a natural" and it applies to the singing, the acting AND the thought processes, decisions, goals, marketing, branding, diversity... she's a natural in many aspects & areas... it's one hell of an asset, too❗

Chevel is going to go far & be very successful.