***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

TeamAudra

Here’s more stuff on “Wildfire.” I’m not totally sure, but I think the filming is actually complete, contrary to what the article above says. According to the 3rd link, Chevel sings 3 songs in the movie, and there will be a soundtrack. 

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2019/08/?m=1

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2019/12/final-production-days-on-wildfire.html?m=1

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2020/07/timing-and-luck-are-sometimes-greatest.html?m=1

Edited by TeamAudra

On 8/25/2020 at 10:40 PM, TeamAudra said:

Last night when I talked about her IWALY cover possibly going viral, it was at about 190K views on FB.  Less than 24 hours later, it’s at 402K! This one will go over a million. The only question is how long it will take. 

The answer as to how long it will take? 6 days. Amazing. 

OWcFyeH.png

Well, she made the countdown at #8! Whether she stays on here, or moves up next week will depend on whether she posts on Facebook again, because some of these fanbases have been doing this for years, and it’s a very spammable poll. But, there were well over 100 songs on that poll, so this is a great start 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

This week’s Saturday cover is “How Can It Be,” by Lauren Daigle. I honestly don’t know the song. I don’t think this one will hit a million views, but Minivan wanted a Christian song, so she gave them one. Nice job. I hope she pulls out the guitar again soon.... 🙂

Edited by TeamAudra

I just noticed two different Chevel songs were recently added to Apple Music playlists. 

“Southern Boy” is on the Country Lovin’ playlist and “The Letter” is on the Country Risers playlist. Apple Music doesn’t publish the stats, so I don’t know how many people follow those. These are sponsored by Apple Music. Someone is promoting her, given this and all of

the CMT stuff. I’ll guess this is all coming from Ebie McFarland. https://ebmediapr.com/clients

EDIT: “The Letter” is actually on 3 Apple Music playlists. It’s also on Speakin’ Easy and Broken Down. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I just noticed two different Chevel songs were recently added to Apple Music playlists. 

“Southern Boy” is on the Country Lovin’ playlist and “The Letter” is on the Country Risers playlist. Apple Music doesn’t publish the stats, so I don’t know how many people follow those. These are sponsored by Apple Music. Someone is promoting her, given this and all of

the CMT stuff. I’ll guess this is all coming from Ebie McFarland. https://ebmediapr.com/clients

EDIT: “The Letter” is actually on 3 Apple Music playlists. It’s also on Speakin’ Easy and Broken Down. 

Well whatever is spurring it along, this is all terrific & wonderful news❗👍👍  And the label is Country Sweetheart

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

By the way, here’s the voting link for this week’s CMT 12 Pack Countdown. Vote as many times as you’d like. Just refresh the page and vote again. 

http://www.cmt.com/shows/cmt-music-12-pack-countdown/vote

Yes and once again she AND Danielle are both there and I have to vote for both of them so I can look myself in the eye.

23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Chevel filmed a commercial for the 2020 Census. Any opportunity that pays real money and keeps her name out there, while her shows are getting canceled and rescheduled is a win. 

More filming today for the census commercials. 

“Harper Valley PTA” - Jeannie C. Riley 

I’ll admit I didn’t know this song well, but it was a monster hit in 1968. It was the first time a female hit the top of the Hot 100 and Hot Country singles chart with the same song. It didn’t happen again until 1981 (Dolly Parton “9 to 5”). It won a Grammy, and sold 6 million copies. Facebook definitely seems to like it so far. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

It's a big factor that Chevel did it so well, too. Personally, I found her treatment of it more appealing than the original. And I am old enough to know the original 😂 The actress in her helps make her

visual performances gems.

I wasn’t yet on the Earth when this came out, but that’s probably no excuse, since there have been a million covers by big stars. I’ve actually heard the song several times, but just never paid much attention to it. If it came out today, I don’t think it would do well. This cover appears to be a hit with her Facebook fans, though. That’s what counts. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Her “Harper Valley PTA” video is outpacing her IWALY video by a lot after 24 hours on Facebook. 184K views and getting shared a ton. You never know when these will stall out, but this one could break a million too. IWALY is currently at 1.3 million. That’s not easy to pull off with 150K followers. She has a large following of people who look forward to the new cover every Saturday, and share/like the crap out of it, and her following is steadily growing because of it. Needless to say, “Saturday Song Day” has been a success. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Comment of the day under her Harper Valley PTA video on Facebook. 🙃

YDUWrTi.png

600K views in less than 72 hours, and already more shared than IWALY. So, yeah...not only will this surpass a million in the next couple days, but it will probably blow past IWALY as well. 

Edited by TeamAudra

She’ll be performing at this DRIVE-IN event in Albuquerque next month. Yes, they still have restrictions on large gatherings, but this they’re obviously making exceptions for people staying in their cars. I hope people can actually get out and walk around a little, or sit on the tailgate. Swon Brothers will be there too.

She should check into do more of this type of show until the restrictions get lifted. Yeah, they need an extremely large field for all the cars. One big enough for numerous hot air balloons.