***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I mention, can Refresh the page & VOTE ✔, again...  

This week’s cover...   ”Go Rest High On That Mountain”   Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power.     

Posted Images

Bumping this to the new page. 

Here’s some information about “Wildfire.”  They have a few days of filming remaining which will include a “significant worldwide star to be announced separately.” Hmm....I wonder who that might be? Below is just part of the article. COVID has obviously caused some delays, but they’re planning on releasing the movie in 2021. 

Below the summary is a link to a teaser reel with some footage of the movie. 

——-

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=17285164

“....The first soup-to-nuts production shepherded by Hannover House is approaching completion. "WILDFIRE" is a family-appeal film shot in the Cherokee Nation of eastern Oklahoma. The film stars 18-year old country singing sensation Chevel Shepherd, who earned over 13-million votes from prime-time television viewers to win "The Voice" competition on the popular NBC show. "Wildfire" has completed 19 of 24 shooting days, including all scenes with Anne Heche, singer-songwriter Michael Martin Murphey and Native American actor Mo Brings Plenty ("Yellowstone"). The final week of filming will include additional scenes with Chevel Shepherd as well as a significant worldwide star to be announced separately. About 60-minutes of assembled scenes have been completed, which will be supplemented with the final 5-1/2 days of filming in September. As a teaser for international buyers, a six-minute sneak-peek of shots from the "now-in-production" footage has been edited to music from the 60+ minutes of assembled scenes and is available for public viewing on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB)....”

——-

WILDFIRE: Sneak Peek Teaser Reel:

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2807676441?playlistId=nm0003826&ref_=nm_ov_vi

5 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

13 Million 😮  Holy sh!t❗

I doubt they actually know that. Sounds like someone pulled that number out of their ass, but it sounds good! It might actually be higher than that, based on Idol’s voting totals. 

Bumping the CMT vote too. Ends on Friday afternoon! Vote as often as you would like. Just refresh the page, and vote again. 

http://www.cmt.com/shows/cmt-music-12-pack-countdown/vote

ABOUT CMT MUSIC 12 PACK COUNTDOWN

CMT Music directly connects hard-core country fans with the music they crave most. The channel delivers the sound and images of country music in its most essential form, performed by the genres most authentic voices.

Watch CMT Music 12 Pack Countdown Fridays at 9/8c to see the top 12 videos as chosen by the fans.

LMAO...it’s always a good sign when there are comments like this. These are just two of numerous “why don’t you go on The Voice, AGT, AI, etc,” on FB under her IWALY video. She’s reaching many, many people for the first time. Within a few hours, it will hit 800K views, and hasn’t shown any signs of slowing yet. #Viral

ukyCuAJ.png

FHLAg9j.png

Posted (edited)

Here’s more stuff on “Wildfire.” I’m not totally sure, but I think the filming is actually complete, contrary to what the article above says. According to the 3rd link, Chevel sings 3 songs in the movie, and there will be a soundtrack. 

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2019/08/?m=1

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2019/12/final-production-days-on-wildfire.html?m=1

http://hannoverhousemovies.blogspot.com/2020/07/timing-and-luck-are-sometimes-greatest.html?m=1

Edited by TeamAudra
On 8/25/2020 at 10:40 PM, TeamAudra said:

Last night when I talked about her IWALY cover possibly going viral, it was at about 190K views on FB.  Less than 24 hours later, it’s at 402K! This one will go over a million. The only question is how long it will take. 

The answer as to how long it will take? 6 days. Amazing. 

OWcFyeH.png

Posted (edited)

Well, she made the countdown at #8! Whether she stays on here, or moves up next week will depend on whether she posts on Facebook again, because some of these fanbases have been doing this for years, and it’s a very spammable poll. But, there were well over 100 songs on that poll, so this is a great start 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

This week’s Saturday cover is “How Can It Be,” by Lauren Daigle. I honestly don’t know the song. I don’t think this one will hit a million views, but Minivan wanted a Christian song, so she gave them one. Nice job. I hope she pulls out the guitar again soon.... 🙂

Edited by TeamAudra

I just noticed two different Chevel songs were recently added to Apple Music playlists. 

“Southern Boy” is on the Country Lovin’ playlist and “The Letter” is on the Country Risers playlist. Apple Music doesn’t publish the stats, so I don’t know how many people follow those. These are sponsored by Apple Music. Someone is promoting her, given this and all of

the CMT stuff. I’ll guess this is all coming from Ebie McFarland. https://ebmediapr.com/clients

EDIT: “The Letter” is actually on 3 Apple Music playlists. It’s also on Speakin’ Easy and Broken Down. 

Edited by TeamAudra
3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I just noticed two different Chevel songs were recently added to Apple Music playlists. 

“Southern Boy” is on the Country Lovin’ playlist and “The Letter” is on the Country Risers playlist. Apple Music doesn’t publish the stats, so I don’t know how many people follow those. These are sponsored by Apple Music. Someone is promoting her, given this and all of

the CMT stuff. I’ll guess this is all coming from Ebie McFarland. https://ebmediapr.com/clients

EDIT: “The Letter” is actually on 3 Apple Music playlists. It’s also on Speakin’ Easy and Broken Down. 

Well whatever is spurring it along, this is all terrific & wonderful news❗👍👍  And the label is Country Sweetheart

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

By the way, here’s the voting link for this week’s CMT 12 Pack Countdown. Vote as many times as you’d like. Just refresh the page and vote again. 

http://www.cmt.com/shows/cmt-music-12-pack-countdown/vote

Yes and once again she AND Danielle are both there and I have to vote for both of them so I can look myself in the eye.

Chevel filmed a commercial for the 2020 Census. Any opportunity that pays real money and keeps her name out there, while her shows are getting canceled and rescheduled is a win. 

23 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Chevel filmed a commercial for the 2020 Census. Any opportunity that pays real money and keeps her name out there, while her shows are getting canceled and rescheduled is a win. 

More filming today for the census commercials. 

“Harper Valley PTA” - Jeannie C. Riley 

I’ll admit I didn’t know this song well, but it was a monster hit in 1968. It was the first time a female hit the top of the Hot 100 and Hot Country singles chart with the same song. It didn’t happen again until 1981 (Dolly Parton “9 to 5”). It won a Grammy, and sold 6 million copies. Facebook definitely seems to like it so far. 

• Like 1

It's a big factor that Chevel did it so well, too. Personally, I found her treatment of it more appealing than the original. And I am old enough to know the original 😂 The actress in her helps make her

visual performances gems.

7 hours ago, Drew1903 said:

It's a big factor that Chevel did it so well, too. Personally, I found her treatment of it more appealing than the original. And I am old enough to know the original 😂 The actress in her helps make her

visual performances gems.

I wasn’t yet on the Earth when this came out, but that’s probably no excuse, since there have been a million covers by big stars. I’ve actually heard the song several times, but just never paid much attention to it. If it came out today, I don’t think it would do well. This cover appears to be a hit with her Facebook fans, though. That’s what counts. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Her “Harper Valley PTA” video is outpacing her IWALY video by a lot after 24 hours on Facebook. 184K views and getting shared a ton. You never know when these will stall out, but this one could break a million too. IWALY is currently at 1.3 million. That’s not easy to pull off with 150K followers. She has a large following of people who look forward to the new cover every Saturday, and share/like the crap out of it, and her following is steadily growing because of it. Needless to say, “Saturday Song Day” has been a success. 

Edited by TeamAudra