idolforums.com
TeamAudra

***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dany said:

We don't see anything Drew :giggle: here embedded.

Sure.  As I said, don't why it didn't imbed as expected.  And, that is why it, also, said, "Click 🖱👉THIS" 😁 Which is almost better than the imbedded tweet. And the link above it can , also, be seen.

Edited by Drew1903

There we go. She’s bringing out the guitar now. So much better than backing tracks. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

So much better than backing tracks. 

ABSOLUTELY❗  And, YES, indeed 👍👍

It's great to see, too.

Edited by Drew1903

4 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

ABSOLUTELY❗  And, YES, indeed 👍👍 Great to see.

I mean, she just started playing a few months ago, and she’s already competent enough to make her covers sound better with the guitar. I’ve heard a couple snippets of her doing things of moderate difficulty. It wasn’t 100% there yet, but I can tell that she’ll be a kick ass guitar player, as long as she keeps working hard at it. And we will probably be surprised at how quickly it happens. 

Posted (edited)

Really shouldn't surprise.  She's the sort who has music in themselves, a natural & can pick up instruments in a snap.  But, yes, it is impressive when seeing someone like that/do that... and Chevel sure is one hell of an example❗ I, also, prefer this to singing along with backing tracks like karaoke

Edited by Drew1903

Went back for my second listen to catch my favorite performances again. I’m really impressed with her band as well. She found all of those people around Farmington? They are GOOD. 

Posted (edited)

Cool to see I'm not the only one with that thought.  Also, a lot of 'depth'... Keys, steel, bking vocals, fiddle, banjo, several instruments available... the overall result & potential is more dynamic. Keyboard player played guitar for House That Built Me. Kudos to the engineer, too❗

There are few things like GOOD Country pickers.  Some Bluegrass pickers can make some rock guitarists look rather silly 🤣

There were some particularly fun facial expressions, gestures or little dance moves and one specific time Chevel smiled at something that was priceless.

Anybody else catch it in  Snakes when the drummer hit the kick whilst hitting himself on the head with his drumstick? 🤣

Chevel sure does not come across as being new to any of this music/performance thing, at all.  Still, can't get over the huge, monstrous voice that comes out of her 😂

Anyway, it was great, both times 👏😁

Edited by Drew1903

Posted (edited)

Interesting reaction video for “The Letter.”  He clearly had never heard of Chevel, and probably still doesn’t know her background, but he got emotional about the song and video, because as a former member of the military, deployed overseas, he wrote similar letters and kept them in his pocket. He thinks the song needs to be on the radio. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Interesting reaction video for “The Letter.”  He clearly had never heard of Chevel, and probably still doesn’t know her background, but he got emotional about the song and video, because as a former member of the military, deployed overseas, he wrote similar letters and kept them in his pocket. He thinks the song needs to be on the radio. 

The power of song & music is so impactful.

Posted (edited)

He also posted on IG, and put the link in his bio. I wonder if they’ve met before?

Edited by TeamAudra

Here’s another reaction video. He didn’t know who she was either, because he didn’t even know how to pronounce her name, but the song tore him up too. These are going well so far. 

Anyone who’s followed Chevel knows she’s basically done nothing ever to promote her YouTube channel (and hardly ever posts anything on there), and and has focused on IG and Facebook. She only has about 7700 subscribers.  When “The Letter” came out two weeks ago, she posted the link to the CMT story which included the video in their own format, which is something different than YouTube, so they’ve probably gotten the benefit of most of the views, which is fine, because it’s great promo, and we want CMT to get lots of clicks and views on a Chevel article/video for obvious reasons. 

I don’t believe she’s posted her YT link on Facebook at all (135K very active followers), just a couple retweets on Twitter, and maybe once in her IG story when it came out, so the number of views hasn’t been really impressive, but it’s picked up some steam over the last couple days, and is up to 110K. People are actively searching and finding the video after two weeks. Imagine if she actually promoted it? 

EDIT: So...she actually did post it on Facebook yesterday, and picked up another 43K views so far, gaining close to 2K views per hour. It’s up to 153K. The cool thing about Facebook is it will continue to get shared and liked which will help add to the view total for quite some time, and many people who have no clue who she is will see it. There’s no reason she shouldn’t eventually be able to get at least a million views on this. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Going way back in time with this cover...1952. I didn’t even know the song, but it was the very first #1 Billboard country hit for a solo female artist. I went and listened to the original. Chevel definitely put her own spin on it. 

“It wasn’t God who made honky tonk angels” - Kitty Wells  

Edited by TeamAudra

Year I was born. Certainly have not heard this gem for a long time. May be repeating, but WOW what a wonderful voice Chevel has;; sounds SO good ❗ 

On 8/7/2020 at 9:12 AM, TeamAudra said:

Anyone who’s followed Chevel knows she’s basically done nothing ever to promote her YouTube channel (and hardly ever posts anything on there), and and has focused on IG and Facebook. She only has about 7700 subscribers.  When “The Letter” came out two weeks ago, she posted the link to the CMT story which included the video in their own format, which is something different than YouTube, so they’ve probably gotten the benefit of most of the views, which is fine, because it’s great promo, and we want CMT to get lots of clicks and views on a Chevel article/video for obvious reasons. 

I don’t believe she’s posted her YT link on Facebook at all (135K very active followers), just a couple retweets on Twitter, and maybe once in her IG story when it came out, so the number of views hasn’t been really impressive, but it’s picked up some steam over the last couple days, and is up to 110K. People are actively searching and finding the video after two weeks. Imagine if she actually promoted it? 

EDIT: So...she actually did post it on Facebook yesterday, and picked up another 43K views so far, gaining close to 2K views per hour. It’s up to 153K. The cool thing about Facebook is it will continue to get shared and liked which will help add to the view total for quite some time, and many people who have no clue who she is will see it. There’s no reason she shouldn’t eventually be able to get at least a million views on this. 

Wow, it’s doubled to 223K views in just a few days...probably mostly because she posted it on Facebook. Imagine that. That’s pretty good considering most of her fans probably didn’t even know she had a Youtube channel. Based on this tweet, it sounds like that may change. 

Edited by TeamAudra