***Chevel Shepherd Fan Thread***

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I mention, can Refresh the page & VOTE ✔, again...  

This week’s cover...   ”Go Rest High On That Mountain”   Beautiful. She was hitting some pretty big notes with power.     

Posted Images

Having read this ⬆ here's a couple of thoughts...

I tweet to Chevel & it's often acknowledged.  I tweeted to Kelly regarding Chevel stuff & was surprised at no response.

As for reaching 18... (1) separating from The Voice is a good thing.  Chevel not, Chevel from The Voice.  I grew tired soon of people always tying Danielle to The Voice.  AND... anxious to get away from vids from Bo Cash (Daddy) of "my little girl singing a song for y'all"

Lastly, I cannot overstate how important/critical it is to write your own material; absolutely, agree with that one❗

But, I do think Chevel will ultimately be very, successful, no matter what.

It's impossible not to notice that Chevel does photography very well, too.

Edited by Drew1903
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Having read this ⬆ here's a couple of thoughts...

I tweet to Chevel & it's often acknowledged.  I tweeted to Kelly regarding Chevel stuff & was surprised at no response.

As for reaching 18... (1) separating from The Voice is a good thing.  Chevel not, Chevel from The Voice.  I grew tired soon of people always tying Danielle to The Voice.  AND... anxious to get away from vids from Bo Cash (Daddy) of "my little girl singing a song for y'all"

Lastly, I cannot overstate how important/critical it is to write your own material; absolutely, agree with that one❗

But, I do think Chevel will ultimately be very, successful, no matter what.

She probably reads this, so I feel like I need to tip toe around this stuff, which is difficult for me. Anyway, I view her as more of an “artist” than a singer. She has a very unique voice and style, but she’s not a vocal powerhouse. We could describe every female who’s broken through in Nashville over the last several years the same way, and they are all songwriters.  They wouldn’t have made it, otherwise. Nashville isn’t looking for female “singers.” I understand why she made her first album with songs written by others. I’ve followed along with others through the writing process (Brynn, Chloe, Alisan, Addison, etc), and it’s a slow, painstaking process, and many of the songs just aren’t very good. Unfortunately, they often have people around them who are reluctant to be honest and tell them. We call them “yes” men and women. No, they need honest feedback. I’m not talking about the trolls. They can go f*ck themselves. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Danielle went through something somewhat similar.  Her 1st album was tracks written by others.  She really wasn't a songwriter initially.  Was a skill she knew she had to pursue & develop and has... and she does co-write, also.  It's likely Chevel will follow a similar track.  Will be interesting to see her next project & how much of it is self-penned or co-written.

And, although, many artists present & past, have song written for them, but it is true (certainly, now) that singer/songwriters receive the most 'love' within the industry and from fans.

And, it seems, Chevel can act, also.

Edited by Drew1903

It used to be the case great songwriters wrote great songs and they handed them off to great singers to sing them.  Taylor Swift came along and played a big part in changing that business model.  Taylor is a shitty singer but a great songwriter.  She managed to write great songs with great hooks she could perform in her extremely limited one octave range.  Swifts vocals were never the artistic aspect of her songs.  Her songs are always reduced to simple, single octave vocals she's capable of performing - as basic and easy as a child singing "Happy Birthday".  When great singers cover Swifts songs they expand the range, nuance, and phrasing, and make her songs exponentially better.  But Swift and the current batch of radio girls (Maren Morris, Kelsea Ballerini etc.) are recording the songs they write despite they're limited vocal abilities for fame and fortune - art be damned - and you can't really blame them until you hear a great singer cover their shitty vocals.  I'm not a fan of this way of producing music.  I want to hear great singers sing great songs. Shitty singers singing great songs are like children playing. Unfortunately, today, all that matters is the songs hook - the singer's skill is an afterthought.

Edited by Cranberrys

I have to agree with you, certainly, about Taylor (& some of the rest).  On the other hand, when someone with the vocal ability & terrific sounding voice of Danielle or Chevel comes along... they should be better  received or more recognized & appreciated for terrific voices regardless of whether they wrote a song or it's 'their song' written by someone else or co-written.

Notice 'should'... 

Edited by Drew1903
16 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

It used to be the case great songwriters wrote great songs and they handed them off to great singers to sing them.  Taylor Swift came along and played a big part in changing that business model.  Taylor is a shitty singer but a great songwriter.  She managed to write great songs with great hooks she could perform in her extremely limited one octave range.  Swifts vocals were never the artistic aspect of her songs.  Her songs are always reduced to simple, single octave vocals she's capable of performing - as basic and easy as a child singing "Happy Birthday".  When great singers cover Swifts songs they expand the range, nuance, and phrasing, and make her songs exponentially better.  But Swift and the current batch of radio girls (Maren Morris, Kelsea Ballerini etc.) are recording the songs they write despite they're limited vocal abilities for fame and fortune - art be damned - and you can't really blame them until you hear a great singer cover their shitty vocals.  I'm not a fan of this way of producing music.  I want to hear great singers sing great songs. Shitty singers singing great songs are like children playing. Unfortunately, today, all that matters is the songs hook - the singer's skill is an afterthought.

Yes, Chevel is a more capable singer than all of those you mentioned. I wasn’t downgrading her singing ability. It’s just that Nashville isn’t just looking for “singers” anymore. She certainly has an artistic flare to her, and it needs to be represented in self penned songs to get a serious look. If I’m wrong, and she gets signed tomorrow, I’ll be very happy. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Quick question, are any of her singles on country radio?

No, and they won’t be. They need a label, radio friendly songs, and strong promotion. She’s playing the long game here, whether she realizes it or not. It’s gonna take some time. Just keep working. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Just now, TeamAudra said:

No, and they won’t be. They need a label, radio friendly songs, and strong promotion. She’s playing the long game here, whether she realizes it or not. It’s gonna take some time. 

Figured. It is a bummer that promotion is a long process, her songs are great lyrically and vocally so far. She deserves to have long-charting success. Thanks though.

Neither is Chevel (in a good way).

And, speaking of radio... I have managed to, at least, have 1 of the 2 FM Country stations here in Calgary discussing, at their next wkly production meeting, airing Chevel's music 🤞

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, rhapsody99 said:

Chevel mentioned tickets will be locked for purchase one hour before her concert tomorrow so if you are going to buy a ticket make sure you don't wait until the last minute.

That’s good to know. I’ll probably have to watch it later, so I’ll make sure I buy it in time. 

BTW, she should probably have that link in her IG bio, rather than the link to Randy Travis’ new single, but what do I know. 🙃

EDIT: Now, she changed it. Haha. 

Edited by TeamAudra
11 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

This is who is behind streaming Chevel's concert

Just bought a ticket. Damn currency exchange. Ah, it's ok, it will be worth it.

Weird. That company is out of Miami, and the domain Chevel is using for her concert was registered in Colorado, and she’s the only one listed. 

https://spproductionslive.com

Do they use a different domain for every event? Plus, the people who filmed her music video (also from Colorado) are also filming this. It seems unlikely they’d have an association with these DJs from Miami, but who knows. I believe her dad is from Miami, so there could be some connection there. 

Just seemed or looked to me that spproductions US & spproductions Live were related, for lack of a better word or way to say it.  One (Live) being the way to access the service they (US) provide and 1 event at a time or something.

Edited by Drew1903
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Just seemed or looked to me that spproductions US & spproductions Live were related, for lack of a better word or way to say it.  One (Live) being the way to access the service they (US) provide and 1 event at a time or something.

I don’t know, but it’s clearly not something Chevel started. It’s probably more involved than meets the eye. Let’s hope it goes well! I will say the authentication process seems a little complex. She posted videos on that site to explain it. I hope her Facebook fans figure it out before the show starts! 

Edited by TeamAudra

I looked at that stuff a bit; was just curious... she & the videos do an excellent job of explaining things. And there are only some additional steps if the tickets are purchased on a different device than what is used to watch the concert; (only) that's when the 2 part authentication arises.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

I don't know anything about anything but Chevel's dad seems flakey - in a well-meaning but extremely crude (and a lil creepy) way.  

He clearly wants the best for his daughter, but he’s also very polarizing among her fanbase. He would be doing her a favor by stepping back a bit. He’s also very protective of her, and I wonder how that’s played out when dealing with industry people. But, she’s 18 now, and can legally make her own decisions. 

Tiptoeing around the subject again...

creep creeping GIF

Edited by TeamAudra

Well, including the fact that Chevel is 18 now & growing up... y'all know I agree.  I had said something similar about it, myself too, a few posts back

I'm looking forward to this evening 😀👍👍