S17 Social Media Stats

You mean with Ricky making 3rd?

Jake and Ricky's scores are very close, and could be within the margin of error compared to the bigger gap between 1st and 2nd place, and between 3rd and 4th place. But Jake's bonuses could easily make up for it, and cement his 2nd place.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK--I guess we can safely trash the FB stats from now on :ph34rwave:

And I'll listen to my brain next time. Like I said earlier, TPTB did have the last laugh with us getting sidetracked after we correctly predicted at the beginning of the season that Jake would win. :haha:

OK--I guess we can safely trash the FB stats from now on :ph34rwave:

And I'll listen to my brain next time. Like I said earlier, TPTB did have the last laugh with us getting sidetracked after we correctly predicted at the beginning of the season that Jake would win. :haha:

We don't trash them, but just accept that they aren't always 100% accurate. Jake winning isn't really a shock, even looking at the FB stats. And the ratio has Katie solidly in 3rd.

Edited by TeamAudra

We don't trash them, but just accept that they aren't always 100% accurate. Jake winning isn't really a shock, even looking at the FB stats. And the ration has Katie solidly in 3rd.

There was DEAD silence when Katie was third.

Literally everyone in the audience seemed stunned.

Katie dominated in views on all platforms, but the likes and like ratio are more predictive. Jake led in both FB likes and FB ratio. YT is completely wrong in all measures, ranking Katie in 1st place.

It is possible that Katie's social media numbers may have been skewed by her number of followers (at least 2x the number of Jake's followers), as I mentioned a week or so ago. Or it could be skewed by the engagement of Chrissy's and John's followers, who views the videos but didn't bother to vote.

Only Facebook Ratio got the results right. I guess next season, we need to watch that stat closely. :flowers:

Edited by season1

Screaming doesn't help get casual votes. She screamed a lot more than usual last night.

If John was actually the one who picked her songs, especially in the semis and the finals, without TPTB threatening him one way or the other, then he's 100% responsible for Katie's 3rd place. Tragic, unforgivable song choices. :rolleyes:

If John was actually the one who picked her songs, especially in the semis and the finals, without TPTB threatening him one way or the other, then he's 100% responsible for Katie's 3rd place. Tragic, unforgivable song choices. :rolleyes:

MTE, and the performance slots didn't help whatsoever.

YT is completely wrong in all measures, ranking Katie in 1st place.

Yes. YT is useless.

If there's no geo restriction on some videos, then we can assume a lot of those views come from overseas, and don't translate into votes.

Even if they're geo-restricted, I'm willing to bet a good percentage of those who watch the videos don't follow the show live, and don't vote. It's obvious from many of the comments (asking about Adam's team-lol, not knowing who's in whose team or who's already been eliminated etc.)

Yes. YT is useless.

If there's no geo restriction on some videos, then we can assume a lot of those views come from overseas, and don't translate into votes.

Even if they're geo-restricted, I'm willing to bet a good percentage of those who watch the videos don't follow the show live, and don't vote. It's obvious from many of the comments (asking about Adam's team-lol, not knowing who's in whose team or who's already been eliminated etc.)

:yes: if YT was the main indicator then almost every winner would be someone different.

Screaming doesn't help get casual votes. She screamed a lot more than usual last night.

Well duh... they purposely gave her songs that would rank her low. I mean how on earth were either of those two finale songs anywhere in Katie’s wheelhouse. Go to her IG/YouTube and you can see her do soft POPULAR songs for real. “Shallow,” “When We Were Young” etc. They death spotted her 3 weeks, and then gave her crap for the finale and bad spots again in the finale. Yes she did great with them, but NO WHERE NEAR WHERE SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN had they given her REAL KATIE style or helpful songs.

For whatever reason TBTH ][did not want Katie to win. Giving Ricky that best single and then John saying everyone go stream it had to be some kind of an extra indication. And I said it the other day they wanted Kelly to win because of her show. Maybe I’m wrong, but hey the NBC family wants to promote itself, and what better way than for her show to say that she’s the winner of the Voice!! And the only way to FURTHER handicap Katie was to give Ricky a boost for the Finale while whacking her so that she can’t get on Jake’s coattails, since I firmly believe she wold have passed him with more popular and softer songs.

C’est la vie, Que sera sera...

I hope to see her do something special with her talent that will be HUGE!!

tbh, I think IDF was tripping. Almost everywhere else Jake was seen as the frontrunner/winner. They factored in how polarizing Katie was.

Yup. I only have to listen to Mr S1's preferences to get the voters' frontrunner. :haha:

Edited by season1

Yes whoever was picking her songs was really trying to handicap her, no question about it. She still did great with whatever she was given, but she would’ve done supreme with better songs. Not sure who was behind it, but it was no accident!