S17 Social Media Stats

also, katie passed 1m views on fb again in less than a week :wub::wub::wub:

next most viewed is ricky ~490k then hoot ~470k

Okay yeah.

Social media experts, are these winner numbers or is it still anyone's game?

From what I see, Katie is winning easily and no matter what she does next week, it won't matter, I think she wins.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comparing katie's and maelyn's stats a week after each performance:

katie's 7 performances so far tops maelyn's 10 performances total on fb by ~7.5m views

katie's 6 official posts (they didn't post her blinds) so far tops maelyn's 8 official posts total on instagram by ~7k likes

maelyn's 10 performances total tops katie's 7 performances so far on yt by ~3m views

maelyn's 10 official tweets total tops katie's 7 official tweets so far on twitter by ~2.6k rts*

katie tops gyth everywhere but twitter*

*maelyn/gyth have such high rts cause of finale night performances alone

comparing katie's and maelyn's stats a week after each performance:

katie's 7 performances so far tops maelyn's 10 performances total on fb by ~7.5m views

katie's 6 official posts (they didn't post her blinds) so far tops maelyn's 8 official posts total on instagram by ~7k likes

maelyn's 10 performances total tops katie's 7 performances so far on yt by ~3m views

maelyn's 10 official tweets total tops katie's 7 official tweets so far on twitter by ~2.6k rts*

katie tops gyth everywhere but twitter*

*maelyn/gyth have such high rts cause of finale night performances alone

K, Katie wins this season, lmao.

I like Rose the most but realistically with her numbers combined with her having to fight for an IS, I know she’s not winning.

I think katie is the most likely win, I think Jake is probably her biggest competition not that I think he’s amazing or anything but because he’s gotten the streaming bonus every week which gives him an advantage. Although, that could go either way. Brynn got it every week and won while Chris K got it and I think it just made him land higher and I never thought he was gonna win. I think if katie doesn’t win Jake is the most likely upset tho, if she does win I think he’ll place 2nd.

I like Rose the most but realistically with her numbers combined with her having to fight for an IS, I know she’s not winning.

I think katie is the most likely win, I think Jake is probably her biggest competition not that I think he’s amazing or anything but because he’s gotten the streaming bonus every week which gives him an advantage. Although, that could go either way. Brynn got it every week and won while Chris K got it and I think it just made him land higher and I never thought he was gonna win. I think if katie doesn’t win Jake is the most likely upset tho, if she does win I think he’ll place 2nd.

For S14, Britton got the first bonus with "Small Town," which surprised a lot of people, since that's not really a streamable song. Brynn got it the next two weeks, but I don't remember who got it in the bloodbath. Did they even announce it? Her song wasn't one I would expect to get streamed a lot, but we've seen since that might not matter much. Of course, they never announce the finale, but I'm pretty close to 100% sure she got it again with "Walk My Way.'

For S15, Reagan Strange actually got the first two streaming bonuses. That streak ended with "Cry" and "The Robe." Adam really blew it with her, needless to say. Chris Kroeze got the next two. We don't know about the finale.

S16...I think Gyth got it the first week (T24), and Maelyn the next two (T13 and T8). It was a shortened live season.

So, the streaming bonus has had mixed results as an indicator.

Edited by TeamAudra

K, Katie wins this season, lmao.

It's been like that since the Playoffs. There's some hope thanks to Jake's bonuses but after this week's results, it's over.

Good luck to Katie after the show. Hopefully, all those 65k+ fans will be just as supportive as they are now.

They were doing streaming bonuses during Brynn's season? That's news to me. I really don't remember that at all. I went to wiki and it says iTunes bonuses were still the thing back then.

Edited by joe14

They were doing streaming bonuses during Brynn's season. That's news to me. I really don't remember that at all. I went to wiki and I says iTunes bonuses were still the thing back then.

They were still doing iTunes bonuses, yes. But that was the first season that they were also doing streaming bonuses. That was the last season for iTunes, but the first season for streaming. Britton won it in the Top 12 week, but Brynn won it every week after that.

Edited by Rodney

I don’t know whether it means anything this season, but this will be the first time since S11 Blake won’t have more than one finalist splitting votes.

Blake had two finalists "splitting" votes in season 13, and he still won. It doesn't mean anything really.

Team Blake can get you to the bloodbath but after that it all depends on the casuals + TPTB treatment.

They were still doing iTunes bonuses, yes. But that was the first season that they were also doing streaming bonuses. That the was last season for iTunes, but the first season for streaming. Britton won it in the Top 12 week, but Brynn won it every week after that.

Haha, I don't remember that at all. Interesting. I wonder why wiki has no information on that.

TL/DR

SM stats say Katie got this. (plus pimp spot with an iconic ballad in the finals)

Jake 90% chance #2

Shocker: 10% chance of either Ricky or Rose to be runner-up (like it's gonna make a difference...)

Let's not forget that John told Katie (paraphrased) "This week, we'll do a fun song, but if you get into the finale, then we'll pull out a ballad for you" :haha:

GRAND ballad*

It's been like that since the Playoffs. There's some hope thanks to Jake's bonuses but after this week's results, it's over.

Good luck to Katie after the show. Hopefully, all those 65k+ fans will be just as supportive as they are now.

stream katie's self-titled album :wub::wub:

GRAND ballad*

stream katie's self-titled album :wub::wub:

You should be asking that to her actual fans and not me. Right now they don't seem impressed with her covers. Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! :muwahaha:

Edited by echoap

Her appeal to the audience is similar to Jordan Smith. I’m not comparing singing ability, but the novelty factor. They both have characteristics that would result in industry execs not taking a 2nd look, but ironically work in their favor on this show.

My opinion is that Jordan is a better singer, but Katie is the better performer by a lot.

You should be asking that to her actual fans and not me. Right now they don't seem impressed with her music. Hoot! Hoot! Hoot! :muwahaha:

huh

Her appeal to the audience is similar to Jordan Smith. I’m not comparing singing ability, but the novelty factor. They both have characteristics that would result in industry execs not taking a 2nd look, but ironically work in their favor on this show.

isn't jordan the most successful voice winner?

My opinion is that Jordan is a better singer, but Katie is the better performer by a lot.

I know what you mean with the appeal comparison but imo Katie is just the female version of the Blues rock guy that we used to get in recent seasons (Laith, Jesse Larson, Michael Lee, etc).

She's got more charisma and being a female makes her unique, though.

Edited by echoap

I know what you mean with the appeal comparison but imo Katie is just the female version of the Blues rock guy that we used to get in recent seasons (Laith, Jesse Larson, Michael Lee, etc).

She's got more charisma and being a female makes her unique, though.

Hmmm....that’s one way to look at. The more charismatic and singer of better song choices version of Kim Cherry?

Hmmm....that’s one way to look at. The more charismatic and singer of better song choices version of Kim Cherry?

Something like that. A mix of Kim Cherry's charisma/appeal + a seasoned Old school voice. Ngl, that's a pretty good combination for The Voice. :yes:

Arkansas still led “the voice vote” 7-day search, so Marybeth was still getting decent local support. I honesty don’t think local support will be a big factor in this finale.

I switched it to a 1 yr, 5yr, and 15 year view. In each case, New Mexico was #1. :icecream:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?da...%20voice%20vote

Edited by TeamAudra

Facebook mentions from today’s post.

I didn’t go through all of the comments. Positive mentions only. If they mentioned 3-4, yet gave a preference, I only counted their first choice.

Jake 115

Katie 90

Ricky 89

Rose 25

Too close to call between the first 3, IMO. People seem to like saying, HOOT! HOOT! There might be a little group-think going on there.

Edited by TeamAudra