S17 Social Media Stats

TeamAudra

Imagine if Kat's the next Chris Kroeze without the streaming bonuses... oh god

With Kat, there’s actually evidence of some support. With Chris, there was literally nothing except for those streaming bonuses. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had more votes than Rose, even though that seems ridiculous on the surface.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Combining all 13 social media metrics from FB, Twitter, IG, YT, Google and iTunes (ranking posted on the previous pages and iTunes thread), I counted the number of times a contestant landed in the Bottom 4 and here are their numbers:

Shane - 13

Joana - 10

Hello Sunday - 9

Marybeth - 5

Will - 5

Jake - 4

Ricky - 3

Kat - 2

Rose - 1

Katie - 0

I think Kat is over-represented on social media while Jake and Ricky are under-represented. Based on the numbers above, with minor adjustments, the combined metrics seem to point to the following "predictions" --

Bottom 3: Shane, Joana and Hello Sunday

MAY land in the bottom 3: Marybeth, Will or Kat

Safe: Katie, Rose, Ricky, Jake

The combined scores predicted 2 out of 3 in the bottom, plus Marybeth from the "maybe" group.

With Kat, there’s actually evidence of some support. With Chris, there was literally nothing except for those streaming bonuses. I wouldn’t be surprised if she had more votes than Rose, even though that seems ridiculous on the surface.

Then why leave her to the very end every results show. That doesn't make sense to me. They are also giving the impression that Ricky is doing better than her as well.

Edited by joe14

TV Line at 6PM EST

Katie Kadan 34.82%

Rose Short 16.71%

Jake Hoot 12.58%

Ricky Duran 11.6%

Will Breman 7.47%

Joana Martinez 7.35%

Kat Hammock 3.77%

Hello Sunday 3.02%

Marybeth Byrd 1.96%

Shane Q 0.72%

I’d imagine this is more accurate due to its past credibility but I’m hoping it’s not

MJs Big Blog Poll at 6PM EST

Kat Hammock - Team Blake Shelton - You're Still the One 32.94%

Katie Kadan - Team John Legend - Rolling in the Deep 14.72%

Rose Short - Team Gwen Stefani - God's Country 14.42%

Ricky Duran - Team Blake Shelton - Born Under a Bad Sign 11.6%

Jake Hoot - Team Kelly Clarkson - That Ain't My Truck 9.36%

Will Breman - Team John Legend - My Body 6.63%

Marybeth Byrd - Team John Legend - Lose You to Love Me 4.58%

Hello Sunday - Team Kelly Clarkson - Stone Cold 3.02%

Joana Martinez - Team Gwen Stefani - Impossible 1.75%

Shane Q - Team Kelly Clarkson - Caribbean Queen 0.97%

Other than the usual Kat inflation I’d bet MJs will probably be the most accurate but it’s a lot of wishful thinking.

TV LINE overrated Joana and underrated Kat. Both polls underrated Hello Sunday.

I see. They honeslty just give off the impression that she is barely scrapping by which is weird if she was in any way leading. Like I don't think she has ever been called before Ricky.

I don’t think she’s leading, but that isn’t my point. We are all wrong about a Team Blake contestant almost every season. I’m just throwing that out there as a reminder.

Selenators may have inflated Marybeth's views and likes on FB, IG, Twitter and YT. She was ranked near the top except for FB Like Ratio. The metrics that put Marybeth in Bottom 4 are Google, iTunes, the polls, and FB ratio -- where Selenators may have not bothered with.

Selenators may have inflated Marybeth's views and likes on FB, IG, Twitter and YT. She was ranked near the top except for FB Like Ratio. The metrics that put Marybeth in Bottom 4 are Google, iTunes, the polls, and FB ratio -- where Selenators may have not bothered with.

Why didn't they vote though?

I don’t think she’s leading, but that isn’t my point. We are all wrong about a Team Blake contestant almost every season. I’m just throwing that out there as a reminder.

I definately agree with you. I was just thinking out loud. She could very well be doing much better than expected. Her doing better than Marybeth this week is worth mentioning. Producers have been handling her really weird. At least Chris had the streaming bonus to give us a hint.

Joana and Kat rating relative to each other. Joana was ranked higher than Kat and HS on TV Line, with 2x the %age.

Someone posted the TV line review of Joana's performance. Hot damn! Maybe that influenced the poll results

Why didn't they vote though?

Voting requires registering your email, thus a bit more commitment than watching videos and clicking like.

---

Someone posted the TV line review of Joana's performance. Hot damn! Maybe that influenced the poll results

Right. Like any other forums or blogs, the readers tend to have the same mindset as the writers.

Edited by season1

I definately agree with you. I was just thinking out loud. She could very well be doing much better than expected. Her doing better than Marybeth this week is worth mentioning. Producers have been handling her really weird. At least Chris had the streaming bonus to give us a hint.

And we don't even have that with Kat. She has very vocal fans, but her SM and chart numbers are average. I don't see any evidence she has a huge stealth voting block. She's still there because she's the cute little girl on Team Blake. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. I think she's a midpacker and might have been a goner earlier if not on Team Blake.

I'd be more likely to believe HS are the ones who've developed a stealth following.

And we don't even have that with Kat. She has very vocal fans, but her SM and chart numbers are average. I don't see any evidence she has a huge stealth voting block. She's still there because she's the cute little girl on Team Blake. So far, nothing out of the ordinary. I think she's a midpacker and might have been a goner earlier if not on Team Blake.

I'd be more likely to believe HS are the ones who've developed a stealth following.

With a stealth voting block, there is no evidence. That’s why it’s called “stealth.” :)

With a stealth voting block, there is no evidence. That’s why it’s called “stealth.” :)

Scratch the stealth part lol. You guys keep bringing up Chris. I skipped that season, so idk what the situation was. If he kept getting bonuses iiuc, it wasn't that stealth anyway lol. Or did I misunderstand that part?

To me, the only scenario that would work with your theory is if the Blakers have chosen her as their champ. And that's quite possible of course, since I never thought they were too fond of Ricky tbh.

Scratch the stealth part lol. You guys keep bringing up Chris. I skipped that season, so idk what the situation was.

To me, the only scenario that would work with your theory is if the Blakers have chosen her as their champ. And that's quite possible of course, since I never thought they were too fond of Ricky tbh.

The situation with Chris was that he was one of the bottom 2 in almost every social media category all season. He didn’t even do well on iTunes. In the finale he was a distant 4th in every category, and he got 2nd place. The bottom line is he had a lot of voters who don’t tweet or like Facebook posts. As for the streaming, he had a big Pre-show Facebook following, and he constantly told them to stream his song. Nobody at all saw that result coming. I doubt many even expected him to make the bloodbath.

Edited by TeamAudra

Scratch the stealth part lol. You guys keep bringing up Chris. I skipped that season, so idk what the situation was.

Chris was seen as fodder atleast to me ever since he lost his knockout and got saved by Blake almost as a default. He also came near last on almost all the metrics. But Chris got a public vote that no one saw coming in the playoffs, he then managed to survive week after week in the competition and get streaming bonuses which was a shock, then he got a public vote into the finale over Kennedy which was a HUGE shock. Then to top it all off he ended up finishing in second place, it was unbelievable.

Chris was seen as fodder atleast to me ever since he lost his knockout and got saved by Blake almost as a default. He also came near last on almost all the metrics. But Chris got a public vote that no one saw coming in the playoffs, he then managed to survive week after week in the competition and get streaming bonuses which was a shock, then he got a public vote into the finale over Kennedy which was a HUGE shock. Then to top it all off he ended up finishing in second place, it was unbelievable.

OK so from what you said, the stealth part was only in IDF's hive mind. Getting the PV every week starting with the POs and streaming bonuses isn't exactly what I would call stealth support. Unless of course several of them were consistently getting bonuses as well.

Exactly. You know what else was unbelievable? He only had 6K Twitter followers entering the finale. He was the lowest gainer of followers almost every week. Nothing about it made sense.

OK so from what you said, the stealth part was only in IDF's hive mind. Getting the PV every week starting with the POs and streaming bonuses isn't exactly what I would call stealth support. Unless of course several of them were consistently getting bonuses as well.

I think you had to be there. It was unlike anything we’ve ever seen.

Scratch the stealth part lol. You guys keep bringing up Chris. I skipped that season, so idk what the situation was. If he kept getting bonuses iiuc, it wasn't that stealth anyway lol. Or did I misunderstand that part?

Yeah I feel like Spensha Baker is a more fitting example. There was literally no indication that she was popular enough to get the public vote

Yeah I feel like Spensha Baker is a more fitting example. There was literally no indication that she was popular enough to get the public vote

How about Aliyah Moulden in Season 12? They had her perform in early slots from Top 12 to Top 10. Then she closed the Top 8 show and got the PV into the Finale.