Alex Watched The Challenge

Alex95

fmrVDfy.png

It wouldn't be a season of The Challenge if Paula didn't kick the underdogs on her team when they were down, constantly stick up for people who barely give a sh*t about her, and then got f*cked over by all those same people at exactly the last second :wub:. Paula is the worst and it's absolutely delicious watching her get screwed over every time. And by Dunbar! The man she blew up her game for in Duel II.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeee said:

Sarah and Abram were both paid. 

Hmm don't know if I agree with that. Not that I blame them for not doing what was best for their body, but if you don't finish you shouldn't get the finalist money. I guess they're still finalists but...idk.

10 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Hmm don't know if I agree with that. Not that I blame them for not doing what was best for their body, but if you don't finish you shouldn't get the finalist money. I guess they're still finalists but...idk.

I'm fine with it, but The Challenge notoriously creates rules and breaks them whenever they feel like doing so.

The Gauntlet 3 - the entire team needs to cross the finish line. 

Cutthroat - Your entire team can nearly die, just keep going and all of you earn money.

My opinion is that you need to cross the finish line to earn the money. But then again, the money they received was earned through daily challenge wins and not from competing in the finals. Tough call to make.

Fun fact: Part of the reason why Abram and Sarah died is because the Red Team reached the water refill station first and completely dirtied it with the mud they were covered in, thus not allowing the Grey Team any additional water during the finals. LOL. Pretty horrible.

Except Sarah deserved all that because she treated Cara Maria like shit.

Challenge20Logo.jpg

This season was pretty average to below average for the first half but then got great for me during the second half. I liked the three-team format. I liked the anonymous voting. I liked the captains of the teams being the weakest players. Just like every season before it though, the vets all stuck together and were awful to their rookies. They just picked on them and threw them in week after week and that's not fun to watch. Red Team was obviously by far the worst. Blue Team did that to their vets. I'm sorry I don't care if Katie Doyle is weak, she's a goddamn legend and they need to start respecting her! The Grey Team wasn't really like that thanks to Captain Abram dragging his rag tag band of lunatics as far to the end as he possibly could. Once the teams finished "trimming their fat" and everyone had to turn on each other, I was all the way invested. Laurel and Abram were at peak insanity as they fought for control of the team. The Blue Team was getting decimated even though they should've been the strongest team of gamebots ever. The Red Team's awful pettiness to Brandon & Camila had to be turned on each other and it was great. It was also never uncomfortable drama outside of Ty so I'll consider that a victory!

Season Ranking:
The Inferno
The Inferno III
The Gauntlet
The Duel

Cutthroat

Fresh Meat II

Battle of the Sexes
The Gauntlet II
Fresh Meat

The Inferno II

Battle of the Seasons

The Ruins

The Duel II
Battle of the Sexes II
The Gauntlet III
The Island

The Red Team sucked. From the team picking stage I thought I'd be a fan! But they treated Camila and Brandon so unfairly and they were so entitled that they should never have to go into the Gulag. Kinda sucked that the worst of them got victory in the end (besides one winner whose praises I will happily sing).

1. Brandon - He is now 2 for 2. I'm so happy when I like someone and they come back and don't disappoint! He is so funny and nice and righteous. He stood up for himself and Katie and all the underdogs getting picked on. He performed extraordinarily well in every single Gulag they gave him. It was such a shame that he lost to Derrick, I really hope we get another season from him!

2. Tyler - I actually wasn't sure all season if this was the same Tyler from the earlier seasons I was so impressed by him! He was so composed and SO damn strong. The first guy to finally take Derrick down in I don't even know how long. And he was just really nice the whole time. He wasn't going along with Dunbar, Brad, and Tori's bullsh*t. He stood up for Camila at the end and he stood up for Paula. And for himself who had to go in twice in a row. And comforting a messy ass Paula at the reunion...He's just great. Also, is he the first gay guy to win? I know some gay women have won, but off the top of my head I can't think of any queer men. So yay for that! If there's someone else, it's been a long ass time I'd think. Also Fat!Tyler :wub:.

3. Camila - If this is the legendary Camila I've heard about and some different random Camila then I know I have quite a journey ahead of me. For the time being though, I did enjoy her! Of course anyone having a relationship with Johnny Bananas is questionable, but I still rooted for her as the underdog. Her team gave her so much sh*t for the dumbest reasons even though she was easily the strongest woman there. The fits of rage she sent Brad and Tori into :wub:. Sorry I just have to stan. Please don't be the crazy racist Camila please let there be another Camila ^_^

4. Paula - I'm just gonna give up fighting it because I am truly invested in the Paula story. I'm embarrassed for the poor girl why is she still doing this show?! Please get another job, I beg you! Yes she was awful for 8 episodes, I won't deny that. But dammit those final two episodes are delicious. And that's par for the course with Paula lol. And she gets f*cked over in spectacular fashion. She doesn't lay down and die. She runs around hanging secret notes on refrigerators. It's the theatrics that makes her a star.

5. Mandi - A sweetheart. Got f*cked by Chet literally, got destroyed by Laurel, and then got flung by Cara Maria. Sometimes that's enough to make you my fifth favorite player on a team.

6. Melinda - Who? I was kinda excited to see her back after all these years and her random vote for Dunbar at the beginning showed a lot of promise. She was just an invisible cog in Brad's alliance but they turned on her hilariously early.

7. Chet - His treatment of Mandi was gross. Probably would've been a winner over Tyler if he stuck around...a nightmare.

8. Dunbar - I struggled a lot with ranking this bottom three because I pretty much hate them equally. I gave Dunbar the slight edge because he was responsible for the annual downfall of Paula. I can't believe he's a challenge winner though. Nobody deserves to be a perpetual loser more than him.

9. Tori - Giving Tori the slightest of edge over Brad because of my admitted female bias lol and because her awfulness was occasionally directed AT Brad which was somewhat enjoyable for me. Brad & Tori are the reason red's dynamics were so terrible and they were a chore to watch. Their reaction to Camila daring to vote for Brad was truly unhinged and got me heated. "NOW YOU'VE GOT MY VOTE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!" bitch you weren't voting yourself or Paula in, she already had your vote!!

10. Brad - Pretty much see Tori. But at least Tori had the balls to go into a Gulag.

The Grey Team obviously got all my stanning and adoration. These misfits dominating the season was amazing. The awkward family dinners after their many victories :wub:. Laurel literally finishing the final with the two people she hates the most :wub:.

1. Abram - I reaaaaaally want to put Laurel first, but I need to be fair and her truly awful moments don't deserve the number one placement. If I'm ever on The Challenge (lol) and Abram is the leader of my team, I'm running for the hills. Forcing his lunatic friends to go along with the most insane schemes ever :wub:. The way he dragged Cara Maria's ass all the way to the end for more kinky ass piano sex. I remember when Abram was the hot cool guy with the crazy streak. Now he's the crazy lunatic with the occasional cool streak. I love it!

2. Laurel - I just can't push her down any further I got follow my heart. The way she talked to some of the people in that house? Unforgivable. The takedown of Big Easy specifically was some vile ass sh*t. Maybe they edited out some sh*t that made Laurel's hatred of him justified idk, but there's absolutely no justifying how she talked to him. However, Laurel is a lion as she said. Her ability to zero in anyone's insecurity and verbally assault them was masterful. She cycled through nearly every single person in that house. I wasn't able to embrace it at first, until Laurel pinpointed Cara Maria as the final boss and just stayed on her. It worked for me because Laurel had no power to do anything about it and that's what made it hilarious. I also think Laurel did go on a ~journey~ and I found her final confessional about having to respect people's differences and treat everyone well was oddly heartwarming. Idk she's kinda like the Fresh Meat Wes for me. Problematic as hell, but the fire, passion, and journey made it worth it. This was Laurel's season, and I liked the season, so I gotta give it up to her and give her the props she deserves.

3. Dan - Angel :wub:. Not the most dynamic personality, but I was happy for him to sober up and get through the season with his sanity in tact. We rarely get a heartwarming redemption story on this show lol. Plz don't ruin it.

4. Luke - So delightfully worthless ❤️. Only made it to the end because he beat Big Easy in a slap fight lol. His ^_^ reaction to everything is just so unique on this show. He just makes me happy to watch.

5. Cara Maria - Her being a worthless thorn in her team's side is such an unexpected change of pace from the Cara Maria I know and hate. She wasn't necessarily a star, but she served her purpose well to make Abram and Laurel stars.

6. Shauvon - This bitch is too funny, too bad she might also be the most worthless competitor to ever do this show.

7. Sarah - I was gonna put her lower, but I don't care about any of the three below her and her downfall was hilarious. She bullied Shauvon into quitting and I hated her passionately. She tucked herself under Laurel's wing and I kiiiinda hated her as a beta bitch, but also knew Laurel needed an ally to defend her to shine so I tolerated her. Then she got taken off in a stretcher and still was sobbing about Shauvon weeks later and I cackled. So yeah, she's better than the other three.

8. JD - I am very attracted to him, but that's all I got to say about him.

9. Ayiia - Could've been a Laurel minion, but instead lost a Gulag to Katie Doyle lol.

10. Vince - He kinda showed his ass before f*cking off early. Same thing as last season. I get the feeling we're consistently dodging bullets with this guy and it'll be a nightmare if he ever makes it past episode three.

The Blue Team really should've easily won. When the team was down to Johnny, Derrick, Emily, Jenn, and Theresa and they dominated that won challenge I was convinced they had the season in the bag and they weren't losing another challenge or player again. But luckily Grey's useless band of misfits got dragged to the finish line by Abram and Laurel throughout the final two missions and saved us from that dark timeline. So now they're just irrelevant gamebots who came in last place, most of whom I will forget about the second I submit this reply.

1. Katie - Duh. I'm so glad she didn't retire after Ruins like she said she was. It's sad that the circumstances that made Katie amazing again are that she's stuck on teams where no one respects her, but at least she is #delivering. I think this was her strongest season in a long time. She won a Gulag and she gave 100% effort in every challenge. Along the way, she destroyed Ty's entire life and righteously loathed her entire team. Of course we stan!

2. Eric - I just think it's really cute how he and Katie became bffs after randomly becoming partners on the first Fresh Meat. And all these seasons later they still have each other's backs. I found Eric to be the most rootable I've found him in a long time. And yeah, just one of the few people on this team with a personality.

3. Jenn - My least favorite girl in Challenge history could be on a two-person all-female team running a final alone and I'd probably stan lol. She was fine this season. She constantly #dragged Red for their treatment of Camila which was fun.

4. Emily - She was strong I guess. Idk see the first part of what I said about Jenn. Not much personality there as far as I can tell.

5. Theresa - She #dragged Camila and then she disappeared. Fascinating. Such a gorgeous girl though!

6. Johnny - Tbh I toyed with putting him 4th or 5th, but I just don't have it in me to do it. If this was some random guy and not Johnny Bananas, I miiiiiight have enjoyed him more. He had no power this season and everyone f*cking hated him. His team was a bunch of losers even though he set it up to go the way he wanted. And then he gets the most iconic and embarrassing elimination in (I'd assume) the history of The Challenge. Sorry kinda great. But still.....it's him.

7. Emilee - Who?

8. Derek - Who?

9. Derrick - I'm exhausted. What has he brought to this show new and unique since, like, the first Duel? Remember how hard I stanned him during those early seasons. It's really a shame he's morphed into such a useless bore mindless follower.

10. Ty - Easily my least favorite of the whole cast and one of the worst ever. Maybe if Luke sucked his dick he would've been calmer and I would've liked him more. He was awful and uncomfortable though. He threatened to physically fight Katie and was sh*tty to Brandon. Also the worst competitor ever. He sucked in every single challenge and he should've been sent to elimination before Big Easy, and hell probably before Derek.

Rivals is next 😮. Sounds fun, something I've wanted to see from Survivor for years. Now that Tina's back on their radar please give me a Tina & Beth win!

Edited by Alex95

Don't think I'm gonna watch the whole premiere but, as always, I'm excited to see the cast:

UzgFkxo.png

It's been a hot minute for them both I feel like. Don't like Adam, never have, never will. I'm at a lowpoint with CT right now as we're at the toxic point of his career, but it has been a while at least. So who knows!

ZJxrZKz.png

They could be a really strong team. I stan Laurel and CM isn't hatable yet so I'm open-minded with this team!

jJd2pFF.png

This is interesting because I never got the impression that they genuinely detest each other like CT and Adam. From what I could tell, they were friends from their RW season. Tyler impressed the hell out of me in Cutthroat so they could be a dangerous duo, especially if they get along and work well together.

AV9GpkL.png

#Rude @ them not giving me a screenshot of the two of them next to each other. Money says they'll be irrelevant early boots. Not really stanning either of these ladies yet.

D6LWgCY.png

Nehemiah refusing to get close to Evan is me. I'm so happy to see Nehemiah back. Too bad he's with this utter piece of sh*t, I thought he was done with this show after the Tonya thing 🤢

7mlQSFV.png

EVELYN :wub: :wub: :wub:. I missed you Queen! Confused as to why Paula is putting up with this torture again. And I would hardly call them rivals but whatever. They'll probably get f*cked over right before the end lol.

g5vdZ8a.png

Omggggg what is happening here are they fighting in a jail cell :dead:. Anyways I love Davis and I love Tyrie so I'm here for this team!

1U19B2g.png

Three seasons in a row for Mandi?! I didn't think the producers really cared about her, I guess they need a new Casey Cooper. Anyway I'm excited to watch Jenn attempt to drag Mandi through this season.

gBnZjAJ.png

The infamous Leroy debuts 😮. Well I know he's not winning lol so that's one team down. Still excited to see him in his youth and see what makes him such a big name.

i285dVs.png

OMGGGG QUEEN KATELYNN IS BACK :dead:. I would've bet all my money that both her and Brandon were one and done after FMII and now they're both still around and competing. So excited for Katelynn to drag Sarah down with her :wub: :wub:.

0EL22Xj.png

F*ck Ty! Give me a partner swap where Evan can be dragged down by Ty and Nehamiah and Brandon can dominate together :wub:

5lFA4qd.png

Lol @ the clip of Jasmine and Jonna. I hope they're fun and messy :wub:.

Be4ygIt.png

It's been a minute for the both of them! I still stan Aneesa and f*cking hate Robin. Seems a little f*cked up to put Aneesa with someone who was racist and homophobic with her, but it is The Challenge so I can't be surprised.

NSH8ib0.png

The problem with this season is most of these teams have someone I stan and someone I hate :dead:. Wesgod :wub:

xUarCQR.png

"YOU WANNA SEND ME HOME EARLY?! TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET?! TAKE FOOD OFF MY TABLE?!"

"I would like that :))"

God I hate when reality show contestants use that "you're robbing my family" bullsh*t complaint I've been dying for someone to respond like Wes did for years!