idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Alex95

Alex Watches The Challenge (Watching Battle of the Bloodlines)

There’s no official cast introduction section of the episode. I figured that was coming sooner or later :/.

The standouts from the first couple of mins of the episode are Cohutta (didn’t see this return coming!), Dustin, and Brandon for the men. For the women it’s Laurel, Devyn, Aneesa, and Jasmine. There could be more I like that just didn’t get focus.

I like the format! Winners pick losers to go elimination and the opponent is random. There’s only so much politicking you can do, but you could still get randomly picked for elimination.

Individual is always fun too imo. Shocked about no Sarah unless she’s hiding somewhere, I feel like she was dying for an individual season.

I've literally watched four episodes in a row I'm OBSESSED with this season.

-Jessica? A whole ass QUEEN! Sometimes my gut leads me right and sometimes it leads me wrong. So glad I was right about what I thought about Jessica.

-Frank getting medevaced in episode three ❤️. I lowkey felt bad for him because he had the worst luck and he was lowkey dominating. But still...BYE BITCH.

-LaToya kicking Jemmye's ass OH WOW! Cara Maria kicking Nia's ass OH WOW! Sooooo many upsets already in every challenge.

-Preston's lowkey rise to MVP ❤️ (after being picked last in every round :dead:)

-Nany x Cohutta showmance THEY ARE ADORABLE

-Jasmine & Devyn continuing to be the stars of confessionals.

-Laurel's failed move against Aneesa hopefully giving me an amazing season-long rivalry :wub:

-That Nany and Camila hours long fight that started with Nany defending Camila to CT :dead:

UGH so glad you are loving Free Agents. One of my favorites, honestly.

• Like 1

I hate Jessica in real-life, but I momentarily loved her on Free Agents. LOL.

20 hours ago, Deeee said:

I hate Jessica in real-life, but I momentarily loved her on Free Agents. LOL.

In fairness I probably would hate most of these people in real life lol. 

Oof Laurel vs. Jasmine... that was tough to watch for my girl Jasmine :dead:

Bananas vs. Isaac was shockingly rough to watch to I had higher hopes for Isaac. Bananas played smart though. I like when Bananas has to actually prove himself. I’m tired of him skating by like he’s been doing the past few seasons.

Also respect to Zach, Jordan, Cara Maria, Devyn, etc. for having the balls to gun for the two biggest threats in the game. Theresa does burn votes every vote of every season I’m so over her ass. Loved Devyn calling her out and exposing her to Laurel :wub: 

Lol Jordan throwing away 150,000 for nothing :dead:. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

RIP TAMARA 😭. The funeral for this wig is SENDING ME :dead: 

*finally renews MTV hits subscription*

Laurel, Devyn, and Nany final three girls?? I’m a good person and I deserve this. Hell even Theresa in fourth place, even she began to win me over.

Challenge25Logo.jpg

Me taking forever to finish the season is not indicative of the season at all! I thoroughly enjoyed this season very much! By FAR my favorite format ever. Loved seeing an individual game, loved the random teams and partnerships they were in, loved the voting process, LOVED the whole idea for the draw. Everything was firing on all cylinders and everything worked. The final was super badass too and I was impressed. And it felt fair. Everyone had a chance to be partnered with each other and then they also had some time individually to rely on themselves to win it. I am just in awe that I don't have a single think to complain about for the format. Please tell me we get a Free Agents II or something very similar. I was a fan of the cast too. I'm gonna have trouble ranking the women because it was honestly one of my favorite female casts in a LONG time. These chicks delivered this season in a major way. For the guys, overall they didn't suck and that's all I can ask from them lol. The cast had a lot of heart and really gave it their all every single elimination (outside of Chet I guess lol). All of the eliminations were really good too (outside of the final one, what a lame final elimination (FINALLY A COMPLAINT!!)). I also enjoyed the storylines this season. God I hate myself, but I'm gonna have to praise Bananas a bit in this whole writeup. The storyline of him proving his worth and that he can earn a win without it being handed to him. I mean, three elimination wins and a dominant finals performance. Credit where credit is due, he earned this season. And the Laurel & Cara Maria relationship gave me some lowkey ANTM Ann & Eva vibes and I always live for that sh*t. I sadly don't remember the first half of the season aaaaaaaas well as I was hoping due to my long break 🙈. But still, loved the season!

Season Ranking:
The Inferno

Battle of the Seasons (2012)

Free Agents
The Inferno III
The Gauntlet
The Duel

Cutthroat

Fresh Meat II

Battle of the Sexes
The Gauntlet II

Rivals
Fresh Meat

The Inferno II

Battle of the Seasons

Battle of the Exes

Rivals II

The Ruins

The Duel II
Battle of the Sexes II
The Gauntlet III
The Island

Let's do the men first because whocurr ^_^

1. Cohutta - Cohutta remains Cohuttangel :wub:. He and Nany were so c00t ❤️. He's got such a likable and dry sense of humor that I love! He performed pretty well considering the fact that it was a while since we last saw him. I stan!

2. Preston - Preston being picked last for literally every single round :dead:. Preston randomly getting a handful of challenge wins ❤️. Preston having to do the hall brawl elimination :dead:. Preston is 100% me on a Challenge.

3. Jordan - Yeah he's an ass, but it's all about who he's an ass too. When he was an ass to Jessica I wasn't a fan. But then he got in a showmance with Laurel and did literally everything in his power to eliminate Bananas so of course I have to stan.

4. Johnny - A very impressive rookie season! He was pretty quick-witted I thought at times. And I stanned him constantly avoiding elimination somehow. Also that striptease for Nany was hawt sorry I'm shallow.

5. Isaac - This freak Isaac was the toenail freak on Duel II I am #shookkkkkkkkkkk. Anyways he is so delightfully weird and there's no reason for him to be as awful as he is at challenges (specifically how terribly he bombed his elimination against Bananas).

6. CT - CT's most boring season yet, so I guess he finally got his sh*t together? Good for him I guess! Anyways he was pretty meh, but I liked his friendship with Cara Maria.

7. Brandon - I forgot he was on the season :(. But I love him so much I didn't have the heart to rank him any lower.

8. Swift - I thought he was really funny at first, but he was such a coward in the game and him voting for Brandon was a huge disappointment.

9. Bananas - He was a dick to Jordan (though he lowkey deserves it) and he was a dick to Cara Maria. Howeverrrrrrrrrrrr, I must give him props as a competitor. He had his back against the wall and he KILLED it. I never saw him as the GOAT (and he still really isn't) but he finally impressed me.

10. Leroy - He was super invisible this season. I feel like he wanted to stay out of all the sh*t which, fair enough, but it's not gonna light my world on fire.

11. Dustin - Dustin x Jessica 5eva ❤️. Always a fan of him, so I'm disappointed to see him go early.

12. Frank - I feel bad for him until I remember who he is. I still can't believe how he beat Dustin while dying.

13. Zach - I was actually liking him this season till the final where he showed his ass and it gave me great pleasure to watch Laurel give him a taste of his own medicine. Truthfully he should be bumped up a few spots, but eh.

14. Chet - Really did nothing then quit. I understand why he quit, but lol.

The women....Wow ❤️. I have no idea how I'm gonna rank them still.

1. Devyn - Devyn finishing the final :wub:. She was number two behind Laurel until that finals performance I was so proud of her. She is the queen of the confessionals. Two straight seasons of a full season of Devyn, making it to finals with the best political game ever, and just being such a joy to watch. She belonged on the old school seasons when the show was easier and people like Katie Doyle were able to win. I'm gonna be heartbroken the day she doesn't make a final.

2. Laurel - Wow I relate to Laurel a lot we hate to see it. Her pride, her stubbornness, I couldn't believe I was watching an athletic female version of myself at times. I was so on her side with the Cara Maria stuff even though they were both in the wrong there. Not defending her behavior, but just relate to how she was protecting herself and how stubborn she was till she swallowed her pride and it was too late. Proud of her finally getting that win though! No one deserved it more than her.

3. Nany - Nine minutes behind Laurel! Considering how #dragged she is by the fanbase as a competitor, she crushed that final (even with that bike meltdown lol)! She got to showmance Cohutta and still got laid by Johnny one night. Can't ask for a better season. And her fight with Camila was everything :dead:.

4. Jessica - She was sooooo exciting at the start of the season. The Dustin showmance, conquering her fear of heights and being one of the only ones to complete the task, standing up to Jordan, etc. I was so disappointed when she disappeared, but then she had a hell of an elimination episode. I thought Cara Maria was gonna whoop he ass, but she made that elimination competitive (and nearly killed CM's career in the process). I saw potential in her last season and I'm just stoked that she actually was amazing!

5. LaToya - Wow LaToya came into this season with a bang! One of my favorite rookie early boot performances ever. Only reason she isn't higher is because the ladies above her were that good. She was AMAZING every single episode. I thought she had first boot written all over her face, I'm still shocked she beat Jemmye.

6. Theresa - She was such a coward early on and it annoyed me. But then Devyn exposed her and we got a fun underdog story! I found myself really rooting for her out of nowhere. I felt so bad for her when Cara Maria was being a bitch about...not volunteering for elimination or whatever. She beat Camila in elimination and made final four with a huge target on her back. Theresa finally impressed me.

7. Aneesa - Aneesa vs. Laurel was So! Good! Such a fun rivalry that ended in a fierce as hell elimination. Aneesa was so close to beating her that second round, she really did give Laurel a run for her money.

8. Jasmine - Jasmine's always great! You will never hear me utter a bad word about her.

9. Nia - Considering she's a giantess I expected a little better from her. But I liked her and I guess she did put up quite a fight in her elimination with Cara Maria (though she really had no business losing that with her height advantage).

10. Jonna - Jonna's fine. I need something new from her sooner or later if she's gonna keep coming back.

11. Emilee - Thirsting after Dustin ❤️ same gurl.

12. Cara Maria - The rise of Cara Maria really had me rooting for her. So much heart and great/shocking elimination wins. Then we got the fall. She owes Laurel nothing, but because I related to Laurel I couldn't help but root against her. So of course I felt vindicated when she was such a whiny brat her final episode and horribly lashing out on Theresa for no reason. That was the Cara Maria I know from the War of the Worlds days.

13. Jemmye - Showed a lot of class in losing to LaToya, proud of her. Wish we got to see more from her.

14. Camila - I was pretty shocked about how early she left. I was #TeamNany in their fight. All the other women have more pros than her so that's why I'm ranking her last. I didn't HATE her or anything though.

Battle of the Exes II is next!

Wow lots of take on my Free Agents thoughts :)) :dead:

Battle of the Exes 2 cast thoughts:

Zach & Jonna - Hate Zach and Jonna hasn't really been interesting since Rivals. Maaaaybe a bit in BOTS. Should be a strong team though. Interesting to hear Zach flatout admitting he was an awful dick to her though.

Jordan & Sarah - Lolol I totally forgot about them. They're gonna be BEASTS. If it was Jordan & Laurel I would just fast-forward to the end because I'd just assume they've got the win in the bag lol. I feel like Sarah's gotta win sooner or later, could be here.

Bananas & Nany - What??????? I'M SHOOK DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN OR IS IT A BULLSH*T STORYLINE TO GIVE BANANAS A GOOD PARTNER?!

Wes & Theresa - Wowwwwww I just remembered them in FM2. I actually like this team, I could see myself rooting for them.

Johnny & Averey - Fine enough I guess, we'll see where it goes. I always appreciate when there's legit bitter exes with this theme and not a random hookup.

Leroy & Nia - Don't remember them at all...? I had high expectations for Nia on her first go, maybe she'll meet them this time.

Adam & Brittany - AYTO is born on The Challenge! These two are hot as hell.

Dustin & Jessica - A DUO! I HAVE TO STAN!

Jay & Jenna - The birth of Jenna. Let's see if she's ever actually interesting or if she only got boring one she got stuck under Zach's clutch. I saw Jay on Audrey's Sequester years ago when they did that week long game lol. I seem to remember him aligning with all the guys so my hopes aren't high.

Knight & Jemmye - Ugh more Knight. Jemmye deserves better!

Thomas & Hailey - Lol high school sweethearts??

John & Simone - First boots? Rookies who don't seem strong at all.

CT & Diem - Them again? Look I like them, but we already saw them as partners.

“Jenna’s butt has had me have some very disgusting thoughts”

What a beautiful beginning to a fairytale romance :rolleyes:

A buyback 😮. Ugh I thought maybe The Challenge was the one show that would avoid that :haha:. It's just TAR left ❤️.

Dustin & Jessica as first boots...this is gonna be a long season this cast is abysmal.

38 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

A buyback 😮. Ugh I thought maybe The Challenge was the one show that would avoid that :haha:. It's just TAR left ❤️.

Dustin & Jessica as first boots...this is gonna be a long season this cast is abysmal.

You must have started after they did the redemption house. 😂 

Let Nany sleep with every dude in the house without all the jealous bitches slut-shaming her!!!

“This season is dedicated to Diem Brown and Ryan Knight”

KNIGHT?????? I knew about Diem but I’m still not ready :broken:. And ugh this storyline of her being sick in the house and CT screaming about going to the hospital I CAN’T

42 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

“This season is dedicated to Diem Brown and Ryan Knight”

KNIGHT?????? I knew about Diem but I’m still not ready :broken:. And ugh this storyline of her being sick in the house and CT screaming about going to the hospital I CAN’T

Yeah Knight died of a drug overdose.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:11 PM, Alex95 said:

Me taking forever to finish the season is not indicative of the season at all! I thoroughly enjoyed this season very much! By FAR my favorite format ever. Please tell me we get a Free Agents II or something very similar.

I was a fan of the cast too. I'm gonna have trouble ranking the women because it was honestly one of my favorite female casts in a LONG time. These chicks delivered this season in a major way.  And the Laurel & Cara Maria relationship gave me some lowkey ANTM Ann & Eva vibes and I always live for that sh*t. 

13. Zach - I was actually liking him this season till the final where he showed his ass and it gave me great pleasure to watch Laurel give him a taste of his own medicine. Truthfully he should be bumped up a few spots, but eh.

The women....Wow ❤️. I have no idea how I'm gonna rank them still.

1. Devyn - Devyn finishing the final :wub:. She was number two behind Laurel until that finals performance I was so proud of her. She is the queen of the confessionals. Two straight seasons of a full season of Devyn, making it to finals with the best political game ever, and just being such a joy to watch. She belonged on the old school seasons when the show was easier and people like Katie Doyle were able to win. I'm gonna be heartbroken the day she doesn't make a final.

2. Laurel - Wow I relate to Laurel a lot we hate to see it. Her pride, her stubbornness, I couldn't believe I was watching an athletic female version of myself at times. I was so on her side with the Cara Maria stuff even though they were both in the wrong there. Not defending her behavior, but just relate to how she was protecting herself and how stubborn she was till she swallowed her pride and it was too late. Proud of her finally getting that win though! No one deserved it more than her.

3. Nany - Nine minutes behind Laurel! Considering how #dragged she is by the fanbase as a competitor, she crushed that final (even with that bike meltdown lol)! She got to showmance Cohutta and still got laid by Johnny one night. Can't ask for a better season. And her fight with Camila was everything :dead:.

4. Jessica - She was sooooo exciting at the start of the season. The Dustin showmance, conquering her fear of heights and being one of the only ones to complete the task, standing up to Jordan, etc. I was so disappointed when she disappeared, but then she had a hell of an elimination episode. I thought Cara Maria was gonna whoop he ass, but she made that elimination competitive (and nearly killed CM's career in the process). I saw potential in her last season and I'm just stoked that she actually was amazing!

5. LaToya - Wow LaToya came into this season with a bang! One of my favorite rookie early boot performances ever. Only reason she isn't higher is because the ladies above her were that good. She was AMAZING every single episode. I thought she had first boot written all over her face, I'm still shocked she beat Jemmye.

9. Nia - Considering she's a giantess I expected a little better from her. But I liked her and I guess she did put up quite a fight in her elimination with Cara Maria (though she really had no business losing that with her height advantage).

12. Cara Maria - The rise of Cara Maria really had me rooting for her. So much heart and great/shocking elimination wins. Then we got the fall. She owes Laurel nothing, but because I related to Laurel I couldn't help but root against her. So of course I felt vindicated when she was such a whiny brat her final episode and horribly lashing out on Theresa for no reason. That was the Cara Maria I know from the War of the Worlds days.

Definitely the best format in Challenge history. Spoiler Alert - Fans have demanded a sequel for years and have never received it because the producers suck.

Best cast of women ever. For sure. Laurel & Cara Maria definitely had the most compelling storyline of the season.

Zach getting his ass handed to him by Laurel is such a beautiful moment.

Devyn is an iconic queen. Sad to tell you this, but Free Agents was her final season of the show. Her impressive run to the finals and then shocking ability to finish the final are true highlights of the season.

Laurel had a phenomenal season on Free Agents. Her competitive prowess + emotional immaturity really made the season. Laurel really set into motion the feud that developed between herself and Cara Maria. So much happened between them in real life while not on the show. Both of them have a part to play in the deterioration of the friendship, but Laurel is so cold-hearted and mean. Her realizing that she ruined her friendship with Cara Maria and not being able to salvage it at this point was really compelling television.

Nany vs. Camila is an iconic fight.

I really rooted for Jessica this season, and she quickly jumped up my favorites list. I was so sad to hear her thoughts on politics/social issuesafter the season though, which really made me dislike her.

LaToya was an icon on her season of The Real World and an icon on Free Agents. She made quick work of Jordan and Laurel in the house, and slayed in her elimination against Jemmye.

Nia is one of the more polarizing contestants of all-time. Her elimination against Cara Maria is brutal, and both of them have since talked about the physical (permanent) damage it did to their shoulders arms. Prepare yourself for Hurricane Nia on Battle of the Exes II.

Cara Maria had her best season on Free Agents imo. She was already a fan favorite, but her performance and storyline this season made her the big name she is today. I remember being distraught over her injury and elimination. She definitely became whiny when thrown into elimination after the tough season she already had, but I do not blame her. Bananas was being a prick and scaring the house into getting rid of her just for fun. 

On 5/10/2020 at 11:33 AM, Alex95 said:

Battle of the Exes 2 cast thoughts:

Zach & Jonna - Hate Zach and Jonna hasn't really been interesting since Rivals. Maaaaybe a bit in BOTS. Should be a strong team though. Interesting to hear Zach flatout admitting he was an awful dick to her though.

Bananas & Nany - What??????? I'M SHOOK DID THIS REALLY HAPPEN OR IS IT A BULLSH*T STORYLINE TO GIVE BANANAS A GOOD PARTNER?!

Leroy & Nia - Don't remember them at all...? I had high expectations for Nia on her first go, maybe she'll meet them this time.

Jay & Jenna - The birth of Jenna. Let's see if she's ever actually interesting or if she only got boring one she got stuck under Zach's clutch. I saw Jay on Audrey's Sequester years ago when they did that week long game lol. I seem to remember him aligning with all the guys so my hopes aren't high.

Knight & Jemmye - Ugh more Knight. Jemmye deserves better!

CT & Diem - Them again? Look I like them, but we already saw them as partners.

Zach is an utter piece of sh*t on this season. I do not even know how to begin describing what you are about to experience, other than emotionally and verbally abusive.

BaNany happened. Not a bulls*t storyline, just not something that played out on television. This is why gives Nany sh*t for nearly always being a blind Bananas follower.

Leroy & Nia happened throughout Free Agents. I thought it was shown during the season, but maybe not? Anyways. Prepare yourself for this team. LOL.

Jenna has been and always will be wet cardboard. Keep your hopes low for Jay.

RIP Knight and Diem. 💔

On 5/10/2020 at 12:28 PM, Alex95 said:

Battle of the Exes II is a top tier season imo.

PLEASE JOIN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

Nia drinking Zach’s sweat is a bottom 1 challenge scene.

“Men are the better species”

Zach?????? He’s actually insane.

• Haha 1

Wowwww Wes getting Leroy to nominate Zach over him 😮. Pretty impressive (and idiotic for Leroy, though I guess Zach & Jonna are no less threatening than Wes & Theresa).