Alex Watched The Challenge

Alex95

On 2/6/2020 at 3:19 PM, Alex95 said:

The Competitors have to be one of the most poorly assembled teams of misfits ever. One f*cking win! Pathetic.

1. KellyAnne - Queen :wub: . I didn't realize she was such a comp beast until now I thought she was just entertaining (probably cause no one really got a chance to show off their skills during the f*cking Island). I was on her side in every single argument she got in. She's just a born reality star! J'adore!

4. Sarah - I haaaaated this bitch for the longest time for being a pathetic follower. But then when they were forced to show her in the edit, I felt so bad for her and her need for validation and attention. I fear for her mental state I predict a bad breakdown soon if she comes back (which c'mon, she's a finalist on her rookie season and admitted to doing Real World just to get on The Challenge).

6. Shauvon - Shauvon's implants was a top 1 moment of the season.

7. Kimberly - She kinda disappointed me because I thought she had a lot of potential her first season around. She's kinda like Jenn where I really think she could bring It and I hope she does next time.

10. Diem - I was shook seeing her go first, I kinda liked to see the biggest player on the team get taken down like that when it's usually just some nameless rookie.

1. Wes - What's there to say? A God amongst men. Every single move he made was entertaining, crazy, and righteous. Like he never crossed lines, he never did anything uncomfortable. He just railed into the awful people surrounding him 24/7. He's officially my favorite Challenge Male (of seasons 5-18 ofc) but I'm sure it'll go south one day lol.

2. Veronica - Queen Vee reigns supreme! What a return to form! I was slightly disappointed with her f*cking around with Evan, but I knew she was just making sure she was on the winning side so I forgave her. But the tide turned against her and she hated Evan with every fiber of her being and I was living. Her move of flipping the vote against Ibis was some of the most impressive politicking I have seen on this show. Stoked to see her back in the swing of things. I need to see her and Rachel reunited :giggle: .

3. Katie - Once again a lunatic :wub: . She's either boring as hell or a complete lunatic and I'm glad we were given the latter :wub: . And though she was crazy, she was completely righteous almost the entire time (like maybe she shouldn't have railed into Sarah, but I didn't like Sarah at the time so I didn't care lol)

10. Johnny - He was at the bottom of my rankings at first, but then Susie remembered she hated him and I kinda loved their rivalry 👀. He's kinda of the un-self-aware third wheel to Kenny & Evan where he doesn't realize people don't actually like him. Looking at him in that light certainly helps.

11. Derrick - The most spineless human being to compete in a challenge. Does he have morals? Or is it just if it doesn't happen to him it doesn't matter. He's HAPPY to be a minion. I guess he gets money out of it...but could never be me.

13. Evan - I still think as a reality show contestant he is my least favorite on the show. Ignoring all morals and human being stuff, just as a reality show contestant. I honestly find him less vile than some of the people above him if not for the sexual misconduct or whatever it is (I'm trying to research but MTV's really keeping everything hush hush). But man do I loathe him with such a fiery passion of 1000 suns.

14. Kenny - I mean yeah, we can get into the whole Tonya thing which is automatic last place. But he'd obviously be last place without it. He's not funny, he's not charming, and frankly I don't think he's a good competitor. When's the last time he did an elimination? I genuinely can't remember. He chickens out of them all because I bet he'd suck. And his treatment of Sarah made me want to vomit 1000 times.

Fresh Meat 2 next! I guess the Cara Maria saga is upon me.

tenor.gif?itemid=4717972

1. KellyAnne - A star. Her two season arc on The Island + The Ruins is the stuff of legend.

4. Sarah - Without giving away too much, you've already got her pegged. Sarah became one of the faces of The Challenge and went down in a blaze of glory. Some seasons she is repugnant, others she is virtuous. LOL.

6. Shauvon - Probably the greatest moment in Challenge history tbh.

7. Kimberly - You actually have a different reaction from most of the fandom. Kimberly is quite beloved for her impressive showings across her two seasons. #SPOILERALERT. Kimberly never comes back. The toxicity of The Ruins (cast, production, etc.) actually drove her away from every returning.

10. Diem - Real tea. Diem actually claims that she asked to go into the first elimination and then threw the elimination. Diem had a business/charity at home that she founded, and she wanted/needed to return home because of it.

1. Wes - The best male Challenger ever. Just a dream come true for reality television. Wes has maybe one moment where you truly question his morality/character, but he stays consistently entertaining and legendary. Hence, the fandom always wanting him to appear on every season.

2. Veronica - Such an epic return indeed. Definitely disappointed at first to see her hook up with Evan, but I definitely knew it was just gameplay. That Ibis switcharoo is iconic.

3. Katie - She is the gift that keeps on giving. The plunger! The attack on Katie! The way she railed into her during their elimination! A legend.

JEK + D - Awful humans. Genuinely terrible humans. Watching their shared victory is stomach-churning.

In all fairness, you started the series during the two seasons where Cara Maria really became the horrible human being that she now is. Cara Maria was the fan favorite for the better part of a decade for a reason. I miss the old Cara Maria. Even her cast members feel like she really began to change during Final Reckoning, the season that aired directly before War of the Worlds. You will be shocked to see her massive transformation.

3 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Ughhhhhhhhh why did Laurel get stuck with the only vet I actively hate. And his sexist comments on her looking like a man are already making my blood boil. Why is he not off the show after the toothbrush thing?!

Y'know what...Sarah's smart and Vinny's strong so this may actually work! Sarah's on shaky ground with me even though I did like her by the end of the last season. I feel like she's someone who's only situationally great as an underdog.

I felt really bad when I thought Luke was gone, but glad he got a replacement partner. And it being Evelyn?! Oof I'm stanning!!!!

What's the tea on the rookie woman who had passport issues?? Hopefully no one too stanworthy :broken: 

Tonya did not pursue legal action until a few years after the incident. The accusations + legal discussions were made around the time of the production/filming of Rivals, which is only two seasons after Fresh Meat II. And yes, MTV (Bunim-Murray) tried their hardest to keep the incident under wraps.

You've watched enough reality television to accurately peg personalities quickly. 😏

I'm curious to see your opinion of Evelyn after you finish this season.

Jonna is universally loved by the fandom. A true sweetheart. You will see her later on, no worries! She legitimately did just have passport issues. LOL.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

I was never a huge Cara fan no matter what version of her we are talking about. That being said she is a thousand times worse now then before.

Cara Maria was always whiny, but she was at least self-aware and very much so the rootable underdog. I think Cara also benefitted from everybody treating her like shit just for being different.

Cara Maria objectively had it hard for many, many years on the show. People hated her for being her weird, quiet self and begged her to grow a pair. Then she grew a pair and became a beast at the game and people still hated her. LOL. 

But she is definitely one million times worse nowadays.

This is some what challenged related but Kendal Sheppard who was on The Inferno was just on this ghost hunters show. She has said she's been dealing with ghosts for awhile and some ghost show came and checked it out. I watched the video on Youtube  I will link it here for either of you if you are interested.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

ONTM89f.png

Iconique. Wes, Evelyn, Landon, Katelynn, CJ final five is coming!!! (and I guess Danny with them too)

This was definitely an early power play. The whole political dynamic of the game shifts after this point.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

This was definitely an early power play. The whole political dynamic of the game shifts after this point.

I ain't even mad about Kenny & Laurel winning because:

A. Vince sucks

B. Sarah kinda sucked this time around

C. Laurel dragging a nearly sobbing Kenny through every elimination will be worth it.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I ain't even mad about Kenny & Laurel winning because:

A. Vince sucks

B. Sarah kinda sucked this time around

C. Laurel dragging a nearly sobbing Kenny through every elimination will be worth it.

A. Vince majorly sucks.

B. Sarah sucked this season and will suck the next three as well. LOL.

C. Laurel is a beast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

gttVCAl.png

p2UGuXu.png

Sooooooo confused where this came from, but #TeamMandi

Jenn might be one of my least favorite cast members ever. She is just vile and nasty, and this is the season where that behavior really emerges from her. Jenn basically admits to doing it for no reason.

I remember Noor was hysterical at the reunion for Fresh Meat 2. Theresa running around drunk in the city with Danny trying to direct her.

@Deeee I'm glad you still like Wes, I was hoping he was still likable. I stopped watching around Dirty 30 so i'm really behind on actually watching the show besides reading what happens. With the reunions now being in filmed in the UK, it also affected my interest in the show. Can't get money from the show :(

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Watched The Challenge