Megan's 2010s Music Lists

totes4totes

I was planning on catching up on this thread and ahh glad I saw that I only missed out on one set. I thought I was way more behind. OMGGGG LOL MY SHOUT-OUT @ “I'm also not Wally and I don't write paragraphs for a single song.” :dead: I love this list idea of going back all through the 2010s!

"Bad Girls" - M.I.A. (Vicki Leekx): Ooh I like M.I.A. and this is one of her songs I know/am kinda familiar with. I wish I heard this more but I do always enjoy this whenever I hear this. Such a cool jam and love her style and the chorus. :bobo:

"Boyfriend" - Best Coast: Don’t remember if I heard this song or not? The chorus kinda sounds familiar and I kinda like it - but overall not really my thing.

"Dance Yrslf Clean" - LCD Soundsystem: Heeard of this group but not this song. I like the beats and music here. The vocals/singing of it isn’t doing too much for me.

"Dancing on My Own" - Robyn: Great song from Robyn and I feel like this was her comeback song? Or at least where I remembered her being back in the music scene? Anyway, this is a great song and I do really like this. :yes:

"Giving Up the Gun" - Vampire Weekend: Don’t really know this song? It’s alright and I don’t mind it. It could grow on me but also not really my ting.

"Good Intentions Paving Co." - Joanna Newsom: I only heard of her name through the Music Rankdown but don’t really remember hearing her songs, unless they were on lists from you or Tom. Hmmm this is okay but not really my thing and probably needs a lot of time to grow on me.

"Jail La La" - Dum Dum Girls: Don’t really know this either. It’s okay but not doing too much for me.

"Katy on a Mission" - Katy B: Whoa I feel like I heard of Katy B and I feel like that was from you. I don’t know if I heard this song from her or another song. Anyway I do like her style with her singing and the music here. I am liking this while listening and it’s a fun jammy song here. :bobo: Looking forward to seeing more from her on this list.

"One Life Stand" - Hot Chip: Intersting on your sentence regarding your music taste. I feel like my music taste hasn’t changed much at all over the last decade. :haha: I don’t really know this song but this is alright while listening to it. I don’t dislike it and think it could be something that could grow on me. it’s fun.

"Ride" - Ciara ft. Ludacris: Ciara! :wub: Awww I understand and get your comments on her, although i still really like/love a lot of her music in the 2010s (though more in the 2000s). Anyway this is a hot jam and she brings and sells the sexiness of this really well. Hot jam and I am totally here for this! :bobo: And obviously my favorite of this set!

I move very slowly! Also the decade wasn't over when I made this thread! I'm glad you like your shout-out. :wub:

"Bad Girls" - M.I.A. (Vicki Leekx): Yeah, this is probably the best post-KALA M.I.A. song. Not surprised you don't listen to it too much but glad you think it's a jam.

"Boyfriend" - Best Coast: LOL if you are like me you got it free from Apple iTunes. LOL. But yeah, from your music lists this definitely doesn't sound like something you'd listen to.

"Dance Yrslf Clean" - LCD Soundsystem: Kind of surprised you've heard of them! But also the lead singer is like 49 so right around your age so you probably relate to him. :giggle: But yeah, it's a weird song that takes a lot of time to really get going (it is 7.5 minutes or something after all). So I know it's not for everybody.

"Giving Up the Gun" - Vampire Weekend - Like my comments on Best Coast, I don't really see you as a Vampire Weekend fan so I'm not surprised this isn't your thing.

"Good Intentions Paving Co." - Joanna Newsom: She is somebody that either grows on your or you never like her. :haha:

"Jail La La" - Dum Dum Girls: I feel like around mid-Decade is where our tastes will align more. :haha:

"Katy on a Mission" - Katy B: Katy B definitely sounds like somebody you would like!

"One Life Stand" - Hot Chip: I went from being 19 and my freshman year in college to 28 and my 7th year of grad school. I've changed a lot and my music has kind of changed with that. I don't really foresee my music tastes changing that much between now and 2030 like it did in the last decade. That's kind of why this list is fun.

"Ride" - Ciara ft. Ludacris: Ciara is really sexy and I love her like early music. I just don't think she's had like the same highs as she did with like "1 2 Step" and "Goodies" in the 2010s. Though I definitely think she's incredibly talented and would never rule out a comeback from her.

I echo this gif after seeing Joanna Newsom on this list. :x

Jk, I love Dancing On My Own and like Ride.

And reading your Katy B comments, does that mean Crying for No Reason won't be here? :( That's the only song I love from her, lol.

Well I don't think anymore Joanna Newsom is showing up on my lists. Well actually she'll probably pop up one more time. But the best thing about doing a decade list is that 20 songs I try to do from all different artists so most artists will probably appear on here only a few times. I think somebody like St. Vincent maybe shows up most. :haha: IDK. I've not yet completely finished.

Oh good.

:haha: Sorry. I was like very into Katy B in 2010 and then like kind of forgot about her come 2014.

I love every song on this list besides Katy B .

"Bad Girls," "Dancing On My Own," "Ride," and "Dance Yrslf Clean" would all rank amongst my top songs of that year.

From what I know about you none of this surprises me. :haha:

I’ll get the next 10 songs of 2010 up soon (by my standards lol)

• 1 month later...