šŸŒ¹Rose Short Fan ThreadšŸŒ¹

FutureSurvivor

CTk8nWjGciM

Ā 

A rare kind of integrity for this show. This is 100% a black vocal performance. Thereā€™s no pandering to a white audience here - the phenomenal studio version is more ā€œpolishedā€ but doesnā€™t have the same impact as live. Sheā€™s doing it the way it should be done, whether it works for tv or not is irrelevant. You can tell she knows sheā€™s not in the finale to win it so she just chose to have fun with her coach, display her personality in the original and honor her roots with the cover. Iā€™d love to have her finish above fourth so to have some faith in the viewing audience of this show, whom is racially biased in a significant portion as we know, but if not, it was one hell of a ride and Iā€™ll keep following her after the season for sure. (And week after week sheā€™s glowing more and more looking so beautiful and confident)

Edited by gusta_cruz

okay so obviously itā€™s upsetting to see roseā€™s social media/itunes numbers so low in comparison to the rest of the final 4. thereā€™s very little hope left that she can place above 4th, let alone win. but at this point itā€™s no shock to me at all and we have to just accept that america is racially biased and will likely never give the win to a black woman, no matter how flawless she is. the idea of rose being the first black female winner was fun while it lasted, but was never realistic in all honesty.

Ā 

however, when i think about it i always realize the bright sides of the situation, being that: 1. winning is usually not the best option for success outside of the show and 2. at least she made it as far on the show as she could, we got the same number of performances from her as the rest of the final 4 (+1 actually because of last weekā€™s instant save!), and 3. since she made the finale we will be getting all of her full studios from the lives on spotify in the next few days!! :w00t: :w00t: if she hadnā€™t made finale we wouldā€™ve had to wait a couple months to get them according to the last few seasons.

Ā 

so ultimately iā€™m happy with what we got in the end, which was a bunch of iconic performances from a queen who constantly made this season amazing and exciting to watch each week. iā€™m proud of rose for what sheā€™s accomplished on the show and will definitely be following her music career after the season is over. rose is MY winner :wub::wub::wub: <3

okay so obviously itā€™s upsetting to see roseā€™s social media/itunes numbers so low in comparison to the rest of the final 4. thereā€™s very little hope left that she can place above 4th, let alone win. but at this point itā€™s no shock to me at all and we have to just accept that america is racially biased and will likely never give the win to a black woman, no matter how flawless she is. the idea of rose being the first black female winner was fun while it lasted, but was never realistic in all honesty.

Ā 

however, when i think about it i always realize the bright sides of the situation, being that: 1. winning is usually not the best option for success outside of the show and 2. at least she made it as far on the show as she could, we got the same number of performances from her as the rest of the final 4 (+1 actually because of last weekā€™s instant save!), and 3. since she made the finale we will be getting all of her full studios from the lives on spotify in the next few days!! :w00t: :w00t: if she hadnā€™t made finale we wouldā€™ve had to wait a couple months to get them according to the last few seasons.

Ā 

so ultimately iā€™m happy with what we got in the end, which was a bunch of iconic performances from a queen who constantly made this season amazing and exciting to watch each week. iā€™m proud of rose for what sheā€™s accomplished on the show and will definitely be following her music career after the season is over. rose is MY winner :wub::wub::wub: <3

Ā 

This.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You make some really good points here. Sometimes I think fans on IDF get a little too hung up on their snowflake winning the show. It's understandable and I don't fault them, but we have to keep in mind that this is a television show and not a legitimate singing competition where the winner is likely to find any success in the industry. If you're a fan of someone on this show, about the most realistic thing you can hope for is the maximum amount of performances...and in Rose's case, we got that!

You make some really good points here. Sometimes I think fans on IDF get a little too hung up on their snowflake winning the show. It's understandable and I don't fault them, but we have to keep in mind that this is a television show and not a legitimate singing competition where the winner is likely to find any success in the industry. If you're a fan of someone on this show, about the most realistic thing you can hope for is the maximum amount of performances...and in Rose's case, we got that!

Ā 

Absolutely, however, given the status quo, I believe having some investment in getting a black female to win is totally justified

Ā 

Ā 

Love your post.

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

buy Push Me by Rose Short on iTunes now!

here it is on YouTube:Ā https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbisVm07xo

Ā 

also, shop at Roseā€™s boutique, Pink Rose Couture!Ā Ā support a black owned business!

https://shoppinkrosecouture.com/

Ā 

I love you RosešŸ’•Ā you areĀ one of my favorite contestants ever!šŸ’–

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

buy Push Me by Rose Short on iTunes now!

here it is on YouTube:Ā https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbisVm07xo

Ā 

also, shop at Roseā€™s boutique, Pink Rose Couture!Ā Ā support a black owned business!

https://shoppinkrosecouture.com/

Ā 

I love you RosešŸ’•Ā you areĀ one of my favorite contestants ever!šŸ’–

omg she has such a pretty recording voice

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

1) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO QUEEN ROSE SHORT!!! (her birthday was a few days ago but i forgot to post it here) Rose is easily one of my favorite contestants/singers of all time! she gave us some of the best performances on this show and proved to be a very versatile artist. she has an outstanding voice and an AMAZING personality!! i love you Rose, happy birthday!!šŸ„°

Ā 

2) Rose debuted some NEW music in a studio session today!! the session was just uploaded, so check it out and send some love to our queen! itā€™s so awesome to hear her beautiful voice againšŸ’–

link:Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

Rose is easily one of my favorite contestants/singers of all time! she gave us some of the best performances on this show and proved to be a very versatile artist. she has an outstanding voice and an AMAZING personality!!

preach christina aguilera GIF

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ā 

Wanted to share this setlist because there are so few clips or videos of Rose singing after the voice.

Ā 

The timestamps are in the description all the way down.

Ā 

My personal favourite is knock me down. Performances like that remind me that Rose is one of the most emotive powerhouse singers I've heard on The voice.Voice.

Ā 

EDIT: awkward, this was already posted a few posts above me 2 years ago, hell, I even liked the post, lmfao

Ā 

Well, for anyone who hasn't seen it consider this a bump ig, and like cred should go to the OG post.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1