♪ ♫ Joana Martinez Fan Thread♪ ♫

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our girl is going with "Dreaming Of You"!

Ready for a slayage and hopefully it brings her out of the bottom.

If this doesn't bring her out of the the bottom then nothing will.

It's pretty much the perfect song for her...and she sounds really good on the preview.

This is Selena's song, right? I actually suggested it for her on the app after seeing someone else mention it on here. Sounded like a fine idea. I read somewhere that Joana's a big fan of her music and was crushed that she was born long after her murder.

I can see her doing well with this. The studio honestly does sound good, so hopefully, the live version is just as much so.:)

This is Selena's song, right? I actually suggested it for her on the app after seeing someone else mention it on here. Sounded like a fine idea. I read somewhere that Joana's a big fan of her music and was crushed that she was born long after her murder.

I can see her doing well with this. The studio honestly does sound good, so hopefully, the live version is just as much so.:)

Yes, I think it will be a moment for her and she'll escape the bottom with great momentum to the next round.

Yes, I think it will be a moment for her and she'll escape the bottom with great momentum to the next round.

The vocal on the studio was SOOOO incredible and exquisite. They owe her a good order placement after the death spot last week. I'm rooting for our adorable underdog that she will slay and have a beautiful moment tonight! She is unflappable for any age and will deliver for us and all her fans. Go Joana! :wub:

I see Gwen's gonna go through the whole Latino repertoire. Nothing wrong with that if that's what Joana wants to do. If not, ...

Umm, last week was dedication week, so likely that was Joana's choice (or rather the one chosen/cleared for her, by producers, out of several possible options she chose as possible dedication songs.) The song was chosen as a dedication to her home city of Miami. The coach's job here is to help the contestant prepare as best they can with the chosen song.

This week was Fans' Week = The song was chosen by fans (or probably several of the top fan choices were selected as options by producers, and one was chosen/cleared). As mentioned a couple of times on IDF, the social media buzz all week was that a consensus of fans wanted Joana to sing "Dreaming of You".

Edited by dirActing

Umm, last week was dedication week, so likely that was Joana's choice (or rather the one chosen/cleared for her, by producers, out of several possible options she chose as possible dedication songs.) The song was chosen as a dedication to her home city of Miami. The coach's job here is to help the contestant prepare as best they can with the chosen song.

This week was Fans' Week = The song was chosen by fans (or probably several of the top fan choices were selected as options by producers, and one was chosen/cleared). As mentioned a couple of times on IDF, the social media buzz all week was that a consensus of fans wanted Joana to sing "Dreaming of You".

If you believe contestants--those who aren't TCOs I mean--really do have free choice and that fans' week takes into account fans' requests, there are a couple bridges out there that need your savings. :icecream:

If you believe contestants--those who aren't TCOs I mean--really do have free choice and that fans' week takes into account fans' requests, there are a couple bridges out there that need your savings. :icecream:

Listen, I know full well that conspiracies gin up the board, and that is why they are popular on IDF. But IMHO that only really works if there is spirited debate, from all sides, around those conspiracies. If it's all one-way, you might eventually get bored, maybe? Anyway, I've highlighted the parts of my earlier post where I actually agree with you to some degree (plus, I think you might have glossed over the last part of that comment, so also highlighted :D ):

(dirActing @ Nov 26th 2019, 4:27 AM)

The process outlined above, or something very close to it, isn't something I simply imagined in my free time. Past contestants have spoken about this. Jeffrey Austin in particular, on his "The Day After" podcast. Ellie Lawrence has spoken of much the same on social media. But hey, since when have facts gotten in the way of a good conspiracy, eh? :w00twave:

Again, I do agree with you to some extent. I do think some "bussing" occurs on the show, no doubt about it. I think we just disagree about the extent of it. Bussing to the degree IDF alleges essentially blames poor performances on TPTB. Yet, poor performances are detrimental to the show in terms of ratings, and it's hard for me to believe that protecting the show's ratings isn't MORE important than petty vindictiveness and/or favoritism.

Think about it: Isn't far easier and less counterproductive to simply offer a little more aid in terms of coaching/wardrobe/staging/songs, etc. to TCOs, and then simply offering a little less of that to others? Fine margins are all that's needed imo. Non-TCOs don't really need to be bussed to the Nth degree just to produce a desired outcome. You could just cut them loose a bit, and let them sink or swim (those that swim could eventually end up TCOs themselves, no? Chloe?). Trust me, contestants don't need much help from TPTB to produce a piss-poor performance. Without sufficient on-site help and guidance, they are perfectly capable of producing one on their own. Just my two cents on this.