idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
season1

*** Ricky Duran Fan Thread ***

Posted (edited)

I am a day late in posting this (I just saw it) but Ricky had a live stream show on Friday night. jaofSCz.gif

If you missed the online concert like me, or even if you saw Friday's "concert", here's a recent cover. Enjoy! yy5Raj5.gif

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Looks like all my favorite artists from S17 will make a cover of this song at some point :haha:

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Archanium said:

Looks like all my favorite artists from S17 will make a cover of this song at some point :haha:

I just wished he had performed songs like this on the show. Songs that shows vulnerability and emotion like "A Woman Like Her" which made #1 on iTunes. He could have easily won over Jake Hoot by slaying the iTunes chart.

Unfortunately, Gracee had already performed Landslide on the Wild Card round, so Ricky can no longer perform that song anyway.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I just wished he had performed songs like this on the show. Songs that shows vulnerability and emotion like "A Woman Like Her" which made #1 on iTunes. He could have easily won over Jake Hoot by slaying the iTunes chart.

Unfortunately, Gracee had already performed Landslide on the Wild Card round, so Ricky can no longer perform that song anyway.

Yes, I agree, I like this side of him too. Idk if he could have won or not, but it is impressive that he managed to finish on 2nd eventhough he got the worst cover song during the finale. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Yes, I agree, I like this side of him too. Idk if he could have won or not, but it is impressive that he managed to finish on 2nd eventhough he got the worst cover song during the finale. 

Actually, his "Let It Be" performance redeemed him during the live shows. Katie was given "Lady Marmalade" and that hurt her so much plus she was also given that cringey and terrible "All Better" original song. Ricky managed to sneak in placing 2nd because of good song choices. I don't think "Runnin' Down A Dream" is a bad song, he was just given the first slot which made the performance forgettable by the viewers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Actually, his "Let It Be" performance redeemed him during the live shows. Katie was given "Lady Marmalade" and that hurt her so much plus she was also given that cringey and terrible "All Better" original song. Ricky managed to sneak in placing 2nd because of good song choices. I don't think "Runnin' Down A Dream" is a bad song, he was just given the first slot which made the performance forgettable by the viewers.

Yeah that song is not bad, I just think that it was the weakest compared to the other 3, in terms of gaining the public attention. It would be perfectly fine if that song was for top 13/top 11. He needed another 'Let it be' in the finale, and he might have a slight shot of winning. 

I actually don't mind Katie's original :lmao:, but it's far from enough to redeem herself after that semifinals performance. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Archanium said:

:lmao: such a good song though, he sounds great

• Like 2

Thanks, Archanium, for posting this new cover.  I just love his voice. He's easily my #1 favorite male vocalist from The Voice. 

• Like 1

Add me please!

(I noticed that this thread has been silent for awhile) 

Second of all: Ricky is not performing two days a week for this month. He will be alternating between Wednesdays and Fridays each week.

Also for next month (hopefully): Ricky will also be releasing a new original song. It is called "She Closed Her Eyes." It is the song that he was supposed to perform as his original until the producers gave him "A Woman Like Her."

Ricky released an acoustic version of "Let It Be" a few weeks ago. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/let-it-be-single/1510430646

• Like 2

Thirding the add me thing - if the singing part of his career ever falls through (heaven forbid), someone Blake should take him on tour as a guitarist.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Add me please!

(I noticed that this thread has been silent for awhile) 

Second of all: Ricky is not performing two days a week for this month. He will be alternating between Wednesdays and Fridays each week.

Also for next month (hopefully): Ricky will also be releasing a new original song. It is called "She Closed Her Eyes." It is the song that he was supposed to perform as his original until the producers gave him "A Woman Like Her."

Ricky released an acoustic version of "Let It Be" a few weeks ago. 

7 hours ago, Maudie1877 said:

please add me too!

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Thirding the add me thing - if the singing part of his career ever falls through (heaven forbid), someone Blake should take him on tour as a guitarist.

Added y'all. SAOyO1H.gif

Apologies for not updating the thread sooner. I usually check on their social media every week or two for any news but I slacked off at the worst time and missed the "Let It Be" release. :(

Ricky sounded great on this song. UK5i5sj.gif

7QRO1Qx.jpg

Looking forward to the release of "She Closed Her Eyes." Zd5ZtgP.gif

Edited by season1
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Here's the video of "Let It Be" --

And for those in his hometown, or nearby, his homecoming show has been rescheduled to 10/10/20. jaofSCz.gif

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, season1 said:

Here's the video of "Let It Be" --

Wow, just wow. Add me, please

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David68 said:

Wow, just wow. Add me, please

Added! SAOyO1H.gif

Posted (edited)

Ricky Duran will be live on Instagram with his weekly "Live at His Living Room"  at 7 PM CT tonight with Will Breman. Should be fun.

Edited by Gmm99
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I just found out that I'm not yet listed as a fan of Ricky. Add me please. Thanks.

Added! 

6 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

Ricky Duran's set is at 48:00

Thanks for posting this video. Ricky sounded great. jaofSCz.gif

Posted (edited)

Ricky performed briefly in tonight's The Voice finale. Here's the video (Ricky's part starts at around 1:26)

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Ricky sounded great as usual. One of the only few who sounded up to par on that song. 🙂

• Like 2

He did a lot of covers in a single video.

Sucker (John Mayer) - 2:48 
Valerie - 8:15
Wicked Game (Chris Isaak) - 15:15
In my life (The Beatles) - 23:00
Breakeven/Fast car - 27:30 
Pimpers Paradise (Bob marley) - 33:15
Like a Rolling Stone (Bob Dylan) - 38:15
No diggity (Blackstreet) - 41:15

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1