*** Ricky Duran Fan Thread ***

season1

Usually. During seasons he pays attention to, his favorites usually win or finish 2nd. Hoot and Katie were his early favorites but he doesn't like Katie the last 2 weeks ("ruined Adele's song", "cruise ship singer").

Ouch! Mr. S1's a tough customer. B)

It would be hard to top his performance this week, he needs another killer song in the finale.

At this stage, if he makes top 4 like he should, I'd be down with him 100% picking one of his all time dream songs, while Blake picks the other competition-friendly one. :P

At this stage, if he makes top 4 like he should, I'd be down with him 100% picking one of his all time dream songs, while Blake picks the other competition-friendly one. :P

Sounds good to me. :yes:

------

Honestly, I'm still amazed with his performance last night and been rewatching it for unhealthy amount of times :haha:, he casually played 2 instruments but still managed to deliver strong vocals throughout.

Sounds good to me. :yes:

------

Honestly, I'm still amazed with his performance last night and been rewatching it for unhealthy amount of times :haha:, he casually played 2 instruments but still managed to deliver strong vocals throughout.

ikr? The way he behaves, you'd think he belongs up there.... Oh wait... :P

The guy's made for the stage. He's so comfortable up there, nonchalantly going from one instrument to the other after trekking one mile through the stage while delivering kickass vocals then same kickass guitar solo like it's nothing. :dead:

Great article about Ricky here:

The Voice Season 17's Ricky Duran Took His Mother's Advice About Blake Shelton and Now He's in the Semifinals!

Of particular interest: :detective:

"- If you make the finale, you get to perform with an established artist. Who was on your wish list?

- My list was Leon Bridges, Paul McCartney — just played his song — Gary Clark Jr., and John Mayer."

Will he get his wish, at least as far as song choice? So, erm... since TPTB's into recycling songs now, which ones have already been done on The Voice?

If not, I bet one of his picks, except McCartney, will duet with him in the finale. Leon Bridges maybe?

Great article about Ricky here:

The Voice Season 17's Ricky Duran Took His Mother's Advice About Blake Shelton and Now He's in the Semifinals!

Of particular interest: :detective:

"- If you make the finale, you get to perform with an established artist. Who was on your wish list?

- My list was Leon Bridges, Paul McCartney — just played his song — Gary Clark Jr., and John Mayer."

Will he get his wish, at least as far as song choice? So, erm... since TPTB's into recycling songs now, which ones have already been done on The Voice?

If not, I bet one of his picks, except McCartney, will duet with him in the finale. Leon Bridges maybe?

I hope Ricky gets a good celebrity duet but most importantly, I hope he gets great songs for Monday. I think one of their competition songs is an original. I wonder if he'll sing one of his originals? "Tattoo Tears" is good but he already released that. Maybe he has other songs already written but unreleased.

I hope Ricky gets a good celebrity duet but most importantly, I hope he gets great songs for Monday. I think one of their competition songs is an original. I wonder if he'll sing one of his originals? "Tattoo Tears" is good but he already released that. Maybe he has other songs already written but unreleased.

Love that song. Also, the Tattoo Tears video would've been taken down if he was going to perform it I think.

Even though it's certain he has unreleased originals, they might not allow it. It happened before, finalists wanting to perform their originals but weren't allowed while others were.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5_PJbTlNG9/

It's Ricky's casting audition, he covered Half Time by Amy Winehouse.

so ricky did amy & leon bridges for his audition but then the show saddled him with boring old ass rock songs. the voice flopped but no one is shocked.

excited for his original, and hopefully he'll pick something interesting for his solo. he really needs a breakout moment