idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
season1

*** Kat Hammock Fan Thread 2.0***

Last one to be saved but once again Kat escaped the bottom. One of 5 people who has never needed either coaches save or twitter save. Although things really get a lot tougher now with the Top 8. Joana & Shane are both good but were a clear step below everybody else. The Top 8 is VERY close & hard to really say any body is a lock to stay or leave. Ups the importance to need strong songs & performance in BOTH songs to advance

I’d say Katie & Jake are probably in the best position to make the finals

Kat, Ricky & Rose all close behind. Will, Mary Beth & Hello Sunday likely last

Although no combination would truly surprise me as far as a Final 4 goes

So happy and relieved that Kat advances to the Top 8. ^_^

Congrats to Kat and #teamKat! Welcome to the semi-finals!!! :w00t:

Happy that Kat & Marybeth made it through even though the situation wasn't ideal.

Let’s go! :w00tbounce::w00tbounce::w00tbounce:

I’m so excited to see what Kat has in storeeeee

I hope Kat gets a couple of great songs and a good performance slot on Monday. With the duet and her solo, maybe she'll perform in the 2nd hour. :sorcerer:

She's been getting the Holly Tucker treatment in the past couple of weeks, with early performance slots (2nd, 3rd). :ermm: She performed 6th in the Top 13, still in the first half of the show.

Edited by season1

Thinking the best duet for her would be with Jake. Their voices would work well together & his popularity would boost her. Rose would over power her too much as much as I like her. I think Will would actually be a very good match with her aswell but not sure he’d be much help in voting department. Kinda feel same way about Mary Beth. She fits musically with her but not enough to help voting wise. Ricky obviously won’t be her duet as they’re both on Team Blake & they try to mix up w/ people from different teams

The worst options would easily be Katie as she’s like the complete opposite of Kat & Hello Sunday as it’s just complicated with 3 singers together. I’d be happiest if she teamed up with Jake for the duet but there’s many options that I think could work well together

Edited by Sweetness354

I agree about Jake as the best duet partner for Kat for strategy and a good blend of voices. I suggested a duet song for them on the song suggestion thread.

Ricky would be good too with the right songs. Kyla and Spensha, both Team Blake, had a duet in S14, so I don't think they're restricted to duet with only contestants from other teams.

Will or Marybeth would be okay -- their styles and voices would be compatible though it may not help much in the vote department. Hello Sunday is not ideal but it could work with the right songs, technically a trio.

I agree that worst duets would be Rose or Katie -- it won't help Kat or the duet partner because the stark contrast in style would not be enjoyable to fans of both contestants and the rest of the audience.

I mentioned this in the unpop opinion thread. Remember when we were trying to figure out who she sounds like? I’m gonna say Kacey Musgraves. A little breathier, but similar tone and range. Too bad “Rainbow” was already performed this season.

I mentioned this in the unpop opinion thread. Remember when we were trying to figure out who she sounds like? I’m gonna say Kacey Musgraves. A little breathier, but similar tone and range. Too bad “Rainbow” was already performed this season.

I really would like for Kat to go back to the piano. I think that's where she excels and her voice soars in those intimate performances.

EDIT:

Ricky posted a picture playing the piano. If he's playing the piano, that reduces the chances of Kat playing the piano (one of her strengths). :(

Edited by season1

^^ I guess I'm not the only one wondering what's up with Kat and her song this (coming) week. A good song and a good performance slot are what I wish for Kat. Just hoping she won't be bussed, that's all.

Edited by season1

Here's an article from the local NBC affiliate about Kat making the Top 8 :flowers:

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Kat-...-565785272.html

An Encinitas teen proved she’s still the one after surviving another elimination on NBC’s “The Voice” – now inches away from victory.

Kat Hammock, 18, has officially made the top eight in the popular singing competition.

She fought hard, singing Shania Twain’s “You’re Still the One” Monday night, securing her coveted seat during eliminations.

“Listening to this makes me feel like I am skipping through a field of sunflowers in a rom com movie,” read one comment on a YouTube video of her performance.

And I forgot to post this TOC article last week --

‘The Voice': Team Blake’s Kat Hammock Sings Sweet Shania Twain Standard

https://tasteofcountry.com/the-voice-kat-ha...-still-the-one/

Edited by season1

Kat's gonna have every opportunity to grab one of those PVs tonight. She got a really good song.

Love her song. This fits her perfectly. Expect it to be one of the best of night & be a boost to her chances for the finale. Might be the best song choice of the week. Either her or Jake, his song fits him perfectly also

Not sure yet who her duet partner is but we know Ricky + Will & Rose + Katie are together so she’s with Jake, Mary Beth or Hello Sunday. I like all 3 of them but HS would be a mess to work with so hope she’s with Jake or Mary Beth. Feel the week is looking good for her though. Think she’s a lock for at minimum the instant save & solid chance to get public vote anyway

Edited by Sweetness354

Here is Kat's studio -- please stream this song at least 10x between 8pm EST / 5pm PST Monday until 7am EST / 4am PST Tuesday. :flowers:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/somewhere-...ngle/1490752757

IPB Image

-----

Love her song. This fits her perfectly. Expect it to be one of the best of night & be a boost to her chances for the finale. Might be the best song choice of the week. Either her or Jake, his song fits him perfectly also

Not sure yet who her duet partner is but we know Ricky + Will & Rose + Katie are together so she’s with Jake, Mary Beth or Hello Sunday. I like all 3 of them but HS would be a mess to work with so hope she’s with Jake or Mary Beth. Feel the week is looking good for her though. Think she’s a lock for at minimum the instant save & solid chance to get public vote anyway

I agree that it is one of the best songs this week. :) Hoping that Kat has a favorable performance slot tonight and she nails her performance.

Edited by season1

I love Kat's performance tonight. It's her best live performance. :wub:

We need to vote hard for Kat tonight, #teamKat :flowers: She performed early again.

IPB Image

STREAM Kat's Song:

IPB Image

https://music.apple.com/us/album/somewhere-...ngle/1490752757

VOTE ON NBC WEBSITE:

https://voicevote.votenow.nbc.com/vote/grid

GET THE APP AND VOTE:

https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/exclusives/voice-app

XFINITY VOTING

If you don't have an Xfinity account, you can still vote on the website with a FB login :thumbs:

https://voicestbvote.votenow.nbc.com/

:sorcerer: