*** Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread 2.0 ***

season1

7 minutes ago, season1 said:

"Stop Draggin' Your Boots" is out now. 

https://daniellebradbery.lnk.to/BootsTP

Lyrics Video

It's so cool to see a country singer creating and performing a dance to their own tune. Things like this are what will help Danielle stand out in the industry. I'm really proud of Danielle and I can tell she worked so hard on everything that came with this single. ☺️ I hope that hard work is rewarded with some success for this single. 🤞 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It's so cool to see a country singer creating and performing a dance to their own tune. Things like this are what will help Danielle stand out in the industry. I'm really proud of Danielle and I can tell she worked so hard on everything that came with this single. ☺️ I hope that hard work is rewarded with some success for this single. 🤞 

That's a good point. Shania Twain danced a bit to some of her songs, but I don't think she did elaborate choreography like Danielle did on this song. Danielle also danced to "Sway", the lead single to her sophomore album. It would be great if SDYB is the lead single to Danielle's yet to be named 3rd album. jaofSCz.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, season1 said:

That's a good point. Shania Twain danced a bit to some of her songs, but I don't think she did elaborate choreography like Danielle did on this song. Danielle also danced to "Sway", the lead single to her sophomore album. It would be great if SDYB is the lead single to Danielle's yet to be named 3rd album. jaofSCz.gif

I could see it. It's a good up-tempo song. ;) 

• Like 1

Danielle has needed a tune like this for a long time.  Catchy, danceable, relatable lyrics & really radio-friendly.  This one should do very well.  Agree, a good lead-off single for the album.

Here is a photo y'all may care to add to your collection.

Fwhky4Z.jpg

Edited by Drew1903
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We all know the treatment females get, but I think this song has potential for radio success. Pretty good song. 

Yeah, I hope it does well! 🤞

• Like 1

I really love the new song! I wasn’t super keen on the live rendition but the studio version is so good. It’s super catchy! The music video looks like it will be her best yet, so curious to see it. I hope this will be a hit for her - it’s her catchiest song since Sway and sounds very radio friendly. But I don’t know if country females are still having issues getting radio play or if they’ve tried to improve that. It’s high time she has a hit song after all these years and I think if the video is good and has a dance that people can try at home that will bring it more attention. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

I really love the new song! I wasn’t super keen on the live rendition but the studio version is so good. It’s super catchy! The music video looks like it will be her best yet, so curious to see it. I hope this will be a hit for her - it’s her catchiest song since Sway and sounds very radio friendly. But I don’t know if country females are still having issues getting radio play or if they’ve tried to improve that. It’s high time she has a hit song after all these years and I think if the video is good and has a dance that people can try at home that will bring it more attention. 

I'm not very hopefull about this song becaming a hit. The lack of playlists adds discouraged me. But, at this point, it's not a big matters to me. I would love seen Dani on top of the charts, but my main wish is to see her delivering quality material - and I'm liking what I'm receaving. 

• Like 3

It’s currently #24 on iTunes country and the lyric video is #1.

The lyric video is so cool, it looks like it might have been done in 1 take! I wonder how much she had to practice to get it down where she could do it in one take like that. Such a cool dance!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I don’t really understand the strategy of releasing the video exclusively to FB then everywhere on Monday. It seems like it will get less views that way?

Maybe they have some sort of promo deal with FB? Is there even such a thing? :unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe there is some sort of media deal associated with the release of the video to Youtube, like an article in People or Rolling Stone. 

That’s my guess. If not, I don’t see why they’re doing it. :haha:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BogoGog24 said:

I don’t really understand the strategy of releasing the video exclusively to FB then everywhere on Monday. It seems like it will get less views that way?

My 2₵... it should not be taken for granted that every person has, uses, or wants Facebook.  Many do not and the same applies to IG.  Point being a big segment of potential audience is missed when exclusively FB.

Posted (edited)

iTunes Update (7/30/21 2330 hours):

Single: #17 Country, #61 Overall 

mn4fh5r.png

XMg8zg7.png

Music Video (Lyrics Video): #1 Country :thumbs: #6 Overall

ZHYkUYb.png

EQZ0mwP.png

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The FB video of SDYB showed up as "Sponsored" so it is possible that FB is promoting the video to many users, including the ones not following Danielle but like similar content.

Here's the direct link to the FB video. The music video will be available everywhere on Monday, 8/2/21. (click the image below to watch on FB)

Tr1Mpg6.png

EDIT:

Bonus video, ICYMI - Danielle's Q&A before the release of the official music video.

ENoOqhU.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

Here are three articles about SDYB published on 7/30/21. The Boot and Taste of Country has the same blog article.

The Boot / TOC: Danielle Bradbery’s Shuffling ‘Stop Draggin’ Your Boots’ Packs Real Punch [LISTEN]
https://theboot.com/danielle-bradbery-stop-draggin-your-boots/
https://tasteofcountry.com/danielle-bradbery-stop-draggin-your-boots/

A gritty shuffle drives the mood of this new song, described as a continuation of music that Bradbery released in 2020. While far from traditional, nothing about Nathan Chapman's production pushes country boundaries too far, either.

Sonically, "Stop Draggin' Your Boots" could easily fit between any two songs on country radio. Lyrically, it's going to be a song that many scorned women appreciate.

The chorus hits just 22 seconds into the sub-three minute, progressive honky-tonker. That's a formula programmers tend to appreciate.

Country Swag: Danielle Bradbery Debuts New Song “Stop Draggin’ Your Boots”
https://countryswag.com/danielle-bradbery-debuts-new-song-stop-draggin-your-boots/

The mid-tempo track is one that highlights Bradbery’s talent perfectly. The lyrics convey a girl who is telling a wishy-washy boy that he needs to make a decision. Confident and self-assured, the singer is the perfect advocate for a person who is dealing with a relationship, where a person is dragging their feet. Of course, interchanging the word “feet” for “boots” is a genius way to bring country meets pop-country tune.

We love seeing women in country music stake their claim and stand in their power. Bradbery does just that with her new song! “Stop Draggin’ Your Boots” is one of our favorite songs from the singer yet.

• Thanks 1

• season1 changed the title to *** Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread 2.0 ***
9 hours ago, season1 said:

The FB video of SDYB showed up as "Sponsored" so it is possible that FB is promoting the video to many users, including the ones not following Danielle but like similar content.

Here's the direct link to the FB video. The music video will be available everywhere on Monday, 8/2/21. (click the image below to watch on FB)

Tr1Mpg6.png

EDIT:

Bonus video, ICYMI - Danielle's Q&A before the release of the official music video.

ENoOqhU.png

Thanks for posting the links! 🙂 Just watched the music video. It’s so well-made and again, it’s so cool to see a country artist dancing to one of their songs! 🤩

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Danielle's YT video of SDYB has 3.7M views in two days. :thumbsup:

3tQAa1f.png

Here's Danielle's earlier post about it. SAOyO1H.gif

eWDAtt9.png

https://www.facebook.com/DanielleBradbery/posts/373597664129730

Here's the direct link to watch the sponsored video on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=245009247269362

TSyzMET.png

I think this might be the most views in 2 days for Danielle's music video. The  lyrics video has 66K views on YT.

EDIT:

I read some of the comments under the video... I guess they can't critic her voice or the song so they picked on her boots. 67o0WDW.gif And then, there's this little gem:

16D5nzx.png

:haha:

Edited by season1

Lot of horrible comments about her weight too, saying she looks “unhealthy” and underweight. Personally I never even noticed and it’s not really anyone’s business if she’s underweight. She’s always been thin and petite, but even if she is underweight, that’s nobody’s business but hers and her doctor’s to work out. I’m amazed in 2021 people still think comments like this are ok, you can be thin and still be healthy. 

This is why I don’t know why her team made the video a Facebook exclusive thing. They obviously got paid by Facebook to do so and a large part of her audience is in the demographic tat uses FB but they don’t seem to like anything she does anymore. They expect her to still be like the 16 year old country girl who was on The Voice instead of the 25 year old woman she is now. They think her music is too pop, she dresses too sexy, she is too skinny, too this, too that. I don’t think they’re her target audience anymore. They should try to market her to younger audiences closer to her own age who wouldn’t bat an eye at her wearing some sparkly boots or doing a song like this. I’m amazed some people think this sounds “pop,” it’s more country than most songs I’ve heard lately. And more country than most stuff from her last album. 

• Like 3