season1

7 hours ago, almondbee said:

She released her version of F150. The song was by a female country artist who is kinda going viral on Tiktok and was recently signed by Warner Nashville. I don't know why she recorded that and Robyn/Warner allowed it considering she signed with them recently, but I like the song and it has more tempo than most of Danielle's songs.

Probably because a higher profile artist covering it will bring it more attention and make it more popular. And Danielle can capitalize on a song that’s currently trending. I’m not on TikTok so I never heard the song but I like it, it sounds like something Danielle could have written herself. Also a good strategy to keep pushing out singles while waiting for a full album to keep fans interested.

55 minutes ago, BogoGog24 said:

Probably because a higher profile artist covering it will bring it more attention and make it more popular. And Danielle can capitalize on a song that’s currently trending. I’m not on TikTok so I never heard the song but I like it, it sounds like something Danielle could have written herself. Also a good strategy to keep pushing out singles while waiting for a full album to keep fans interested.

If the original singer wasn't recently signed on a major label, I would agree that it's because DB is a higher profile artist, but at this point not that much. This original song is also included in Robyn's latest album and is playlisted on some good playlists on Spotify -  even better than NHIE's playlisting.

But it's a win for Danielle and us fans though since more music, and she needs more songs like this on her repertoire. Not really uptempo but atleast with a beat. And I agree it is something she could've written, probably why they got it. 

Edited by almondbee
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, season1 said:

https://twitter.com/DBradbery/status/1316841778029506562

"Sway" is certified gold!!!

:spaz: :thumbsup: 😍

EDIT:

"Sway" is Danielle's 2nd GOLD single. Her debut single, "The Heart of Dixie" was also certified gold. 

It proves that the song could've be a really hit if the label wanted.

But really happy for Danny ❤️

I love the vibe that Sway gives me.

• Like 2

I was thinking earlier today that if there are others like me, they may just take it as "a Danielle song"... I've not heard the song prior to Danielle & don't know of the original artist.  OR, I just need to get out more 🥴      🤣   (J/K😉)

• Haha 1

I checked out Danielle's Spotify popular songs and "Sway" has the most streams by a wide margin over any other songs. We need to stream GIMH a lot to move it up to Danielle's Top 5 popular songs. It is only getting 10k average stream per day (it's been out 3 weeks), while NHIE averaged 12k per day (out for more than 5 months).

SthSxEL.png

• Like 2

Good news /  Bad news, #teamDanielle --

Good news is, NHIE still #1 on CMT 12-pack countdown :thumbs:

Bad news is -- F150 YouTube video is not available at this time. :(

eVkP1I7.png 

But F150 is still available on other streaming sitesloZ0xpz.gif

EDIT:

Let's keep "NHIE" on the CMT 12-pack countdown. Vote here (often) for the next countdown.

Edited by season1

2 hours ago, season1 said:

Yay!!!! Two weeks in a row! :clap: 

2 hours ago, season1 said:

Hmm, I wonder why... ☹️🤔 The copyright claim was made by Mark Schroor, who apparently helped write the lyrics. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, season1 said:

Good news /  Bad news, #teamDanielle --

eVkP1I7.png 

But F150 is still available on other streaming sitesloZ0xpz.gif

EDIT:

Let's keep "NHIE" on the CMT 12-pack countdown. Vote here (often) for the next countdown.

And remember can Refresh and repeat when voting in CMT

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, almondbee said:

DB and her team already deleted all their posts regarding F-150, and the song isn't available now except for some streaming sites. 

Thanks for the heads up. I will update the OP and my siggy. Though her website still has the F150 info.

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

I thought I just found it in Spotify; it still shows there. All it gave was a snippet when added to a Playlist. Seemed to be suggesting could have all of it by switching to Premium.

When it plays in your playlist you can hear the whole thing. 😀 It’s weird, but that’s how Spotify works I guess... 

Edited by Bk1234

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wonder what happened... 🤔

One possibility could be that they got permission from the copyright owners but missed an owner. And that person raised the copyright issue.

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

I went and contacted her management to see what actually happened. I noticed when Danielle announced it on Instagram that Robyn didn’t seem like she knew it was happening. But looks like it was reported on YouTube by one of the songwriters which gives me more questions than answers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Well yes, Maddie. One would expect it would be properly cleared by/with ALL concerned or involved BEFORE being released 😕

So you’re basically saying that Danielle/her team probably released this without getting the proper clearance? 🤔

45 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

So you’re basically saying that Danielle/her team probably released this without getting the proper clearance? 🤔

Would think that's, also, why Maddie feels raises more questions... does look as if something (or somebody) was missed.

As for Spotify: It's (listed) in a mix of Danielle stuff, which I haven't played through enough, yet, to see if F150 plays.  BUT, added to a playlist (tried that 2nd time) it plays a short snippet, not the whole song.  I'll listen to the mix & see if it, actually, plays (in full).

54 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m just unsure what changed, because it must’ve taken at least a couple weeks to get okayed, recorded and gotten ready to release. Usually her team and BMLG is pretty on top of that stuff which is why I have so many questions. I guess we’ll find out soon. 

• Like 2

I thought that was unusual when I was looking at my Apple Music and noticed the cover art disappeared. That’s how it shows on my computer but my phone app seems to still have the song.

I’m sure the person they missed will give clearance for the song shortly and it’ll be back up soon. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Like 2