*** Danielle Bradbery Fan Thread 2.0***

Here's the lyrics for Never Have I Ever taken from the lyric video

This is a neat song to sing along to, Danielle's best so far. Makes me anxious to hear the rest of DB3!

Never Have I Ever
Written by Danielle Bradbery, Laura Veltz, David Hodges
Produced by Dann Huff

Never have I ever been in love
Looking back it all felt like pretend
Honestly thought I knew what it was
But never have I ever
Never have I ever felt my heart
Feel calm and so excited at the same time
Thought you weren't real but here you are
But never have I ever felt like Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey
Got me confessing like this
heart on my sleeve I'm a mess
Got me like Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey
Throwing rounds words like forever
Never have I ever

Never have I ever lost my mind
Over someone simply saying my name
How did you make me the chasing kind
Cause never have I ever
Believe that a fantasy
Could be more that a dream
I'm getting caught up
Saying too much
Look what you've done to me
I'm like Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey
Got me confessing like this
Heart on my sleeve I'm a mess
Throwing round words like forever
Never Have I ever

Never Have I ever

Been so over the moon
Love drunk stars in my eyes
Boy it has to be you
But never have I ever____________
                                       (Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey)
                                      (Got me confessing like this)
                                      Heart on my sleeve I'm a mess
Throwing round words like forever
Never have I ever
                                     (Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey)
                                                       Never have I ever
Got me like                 (Ooo-Hoo Yea-hey)
                                                      Never
Never have I ever

Never Have I Ever.txt

Edited by Rebob
Added lyrics in line and formatted.
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s her performance of it from the Voice...   https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUvKa6troM

NHIE is having a hard time debuting on Billboard since there are close to none of the current songs leaving the chart, and a number of debuts from bigger stars the past weeks. I think this week will b

https://twitter.com/DBradbery/status/1316841778029506562   "Sway" is certified gold!!!   😍   EDIT: "Sway" is Danielle's 2nd GOLD single. Her debut single, "The Heart of Di

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, nyoldie said:

I am getting the feeling that Never is not the first drop from DB3 but rather a filler like friend zone was and it won’t be released to radio. 

What is giving you this "feeling"?  Are you, also, saying there will be more 'separate' (track) releases before the album, per se, is released?

I seem to remember that when Shallow was released that it was dubbed the lead single from her next album, but that seems odd because it was a cover. I'd be surprised if it even ended up on the final cut of the album. I don't see why NHIE would not be the lead/official single. I do think regardless of what the situation is we will probably hear a few singles before the album comes out. In her most recent interviews she has said they only have 2 fully completed songs so far and now with the virus, it's unlikely she's been able to be in a studio at all to finish recording. Before the release of IDBWM, they released about 4 promo singles leading up to the album's release, they may do something similar again with this album. 

27 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

What is giving you this "feeling"?  Are you, also, saying there will be more 'separate' (track) releases before the album, per se, is released?

all the interviews with her, altho sparse in details, talk about how she's still working on her big project, and none state that this is the first drop. I think her first drop would be more promoted as such and have a radio date.. She's been off radio for soooo long. i would be that her second track about hometown girls may also get this treatment. I, for one, am looking for a bigger bang for DB3, but i am not in her demographic of choice.

Edited by nyoldie

Me, myself & I are just happy, pleased, excited... to have Danielle tossing out a new song (or 2) AND there's knowing an album is coming.  <-- That all is enough to give me a smile.  Right now, I won't give 'WHEN' a concern.  Most everything is feeling the impact & delays are a (new) norm.  Danielle's won't the only album that will have an adjusted release date.  (For example): Another artist I follow (& you really should, too 😊), The Warning, had Dec 2020 advertised for their 3rd album... we expect it will be Q1 2020, now.

Hey now, there's a good title for the album, "DB3" 😊 Simple & to the point 😂  OR  "Bigger Bang" 😉  either are good 👍👍 Actually, Dani likes long titles so go with "Looking for a Bigger Bang"

Edited by Drew1903

There is no announced radio add date or impact date, so I am not sure if this will be a radio single. Sure, it's available for purchase and streaming, but it's not officially released to radio (yet).

When "Sway" was released as lead-off single from IDBWM, they announced the radio impact date (when stations could start adding them to their rotaiton).

Edited by season1
1 hour ago, season1 said:

There is no announced radio add date or impact date, so I am not sure if this will be a radio single. Sure, it's available for purchase and streaming, but it's not officially released to radio (yet).

When "Sway" was released as lead-off single from IDBWM, they announced the radio impact date (when stations could start adding them to their rotaiton).

brian tweets hometown in 3 weeks so i think it's clear they're not part of the album. makes me happier. 

2 hours ago, season1 said:

When "Sway" was released as lead-off single from IDBWM, they announced the radio impact date (when stations could start adding them to their rotation).

Fair enough, point taken.

Edited by Drew1903
59 minutes ago, nyoldie said:

brian tweets hometown in 3 weeks so i think it's clear they're not part of the album. makes me happier. 

I don't know if NHIE would be in the next album or not. I was just pointing out that there is no radio date yet, so I can't say that NHIE is a radio single. 

I think if Danielle's 3rd album is released next year, NHIE could still be included in it. (FZ was released 2 years before IDBWM and it was not included in the 2nd album).

As to album release, I still think that Danielle should release a Christmas album this year, especially if the 3rd album would be delayed. 

2 minutes ago, Drew1903 said:

Interesting the Pandora is headed: Today's Country Radio 😉  😂

Not traditional radio that is being tracked on Mediabase Country Airplay and Billboard Country Airplay.

13 minutes ago, season1 said:

Not traditional radio that is being tracked on Mediabase Country Airplay and Billboard Country Airplay.

Yes, it's almost just a play on words as certainly not actual radio 📻

Edited by Drew1903

I think regardless of whether it ever gets sent to radio or not, that there’s a good chance it will still be part of the album. The only reason I think FZ wasn’t was because the direction of the album had changed so much, it wouldn’t have fit in. 

Well, someday we will know and won't be guessing. But it has escaped me why it is thought or suggested that these songs are not part of the forthcoming album. I have had the understanding/impression from Danielle since long ago that they were or that was the plan

1 hour ago, season1 said:

NHIE on SiriusXM and YouTube playlist --

Terrific, but not, actual, (traditional) radio 📻  But, besides radio, it is all over the place & receiving hype (promo) & great reviews/response.  Rightly so, certainly.

On 5/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, Drew1903 said:

Well, someday we will know and won't be guessing. But it has escaped me why it is thought or suggested that these songs are not part of the forthcoming album. I have had the understanding/impression from Danielle since long ago that they were or that was the plan

because in not one press release or interview has she said it IS the first song from her album....that would be an expected statement. Furthermore, there's no radio add date or publicity. If it's her first song, i would think that's negligent. It's already dropping on iTunes and hopefully the streaming play she's getting will build in momentum...but i don't think so....My personal view is i hope her new album has "bigger" and less pop songs, but i don't profess to know what sells. i just was disappointed in the last album pushing Sway and Summer instead of Potential, Human Diary and Laying Low.  The constant thought about being radio friendly, in my mind, detracts from what her strengths are in ballads.

• Like 1

"i just was disappointed in the last album pushing Sway and Summer instead of Potential, Human Diary and Laying Low."

I sure do agree with this ⬆, always have felt the same.

Um sorry to break it to you but that’s kind of how the music industry works. As much as I liked the ballads on her album, they never would have gotten much airplay because it’s not what radio generally plays unless it’s from a well-established artist. And even at that, the songs like Sway and the Thomas Rhett collab still failed to really make that big of an impact. It is a tough sell for female country artists, they can basically throw anything at the wall and hope something sticks.

In general, I think she should focus on doing the music that feels natural to her and this song seems like a good example of that. But the label also decides what songs get to be singles and they aren’t going to waste time and money promoting songs they don’t think will be commercially successful enough to recoup their losses. That’s how the business works. If anything, they’re gonna probably release more pop-oriented stuff to radio because that’s what gets played. Gabby Barrett recently got a #1 with I Hope, which sounds very Carrie-esque, and it even crossed over to pop. Danielle is first and foremost a country artist but she’s also always incorporated other genres like pop and R&B in her music. She’s not a traditional country artist. 

1 hour ago, BogoGog24 said:

Um sorry to break it to you but that’s kind of how the music industry works. As much as I liked the ballads on her album, they never would have gotten much airplay because it’s not what radio generally plays unless it’s from a well-established artist. And even at that, the songs like Sway and the Thomas Rhett collab still failed to really make that big of an impact. It is a tough sell for female country artists, they can basically throw anything at the wall and hope something sticks.

In general, I think she should focus on doing the music that feels natural to her and this song seems like a good example of that. But the label also decides what songs get to be singles and they aren’t going to waste time and money promoting songs they don’t think will be commercially successful enough to recoup their losses. That’s how the business works. If anything, they’re gonna probably release more pop-oriented stuff to radio because that’s what gets played. Gabby Barrett recently got a #1 with I Hope, which sounds very Carrie-esque, and it even crossed over to pop. Danielle is first and foremost a country artist but she’s also always incorporated other genres like pop and R&B in her music. She’s not a traditional country artist. 

That's what makes horse races, isn't it. I think without her release of Worth It, her reputation from what was released, airplay and all, would have been a fraction of what it is. And worth it is no different from the other ballads. So my feeling is the friend zones, sways, etc are fine fillers for albums but you only get to make your mark with 2-3 songs, and then it's gone. And she could not have been worse off by releasing 2 ballads instead of Sway and Goodbye Summer.  And if we look at what she's done since with Shallow and Blackout...both are ballads and both were important to keep DB relevant.Neither is particularly radio friendly, but we know how successful a lot of versions of Shallow have been to streaming. Some music like Shallow has to be successfully listened to at home before it takes over the radio.   There's also notion that women singers have to be songwriters, but Carrie never was/is. Maybe a different time. Clearly Maren is and has seemingly replaced Miranda at that core.  

Yeah I do agree that I don't think it matters much what song they put out to radio, if radio basically doesn't want to play her songs, she should just release what she wants and what she is most proud of. Hence why even if NHIE may not seem super radio friendly to a lot of people, it seems to really suit her style and represents what she is going through right now and that's why it's out. I do think this song will really show people her own unique style and establish her own musical identity, regardless of how well it ends up performing. 

• Like 1