idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Steven_

Disney Movies Rankdown - Part II

I hope you're feeling better, Victoria.

Should I just post the results now, or are you planning to send the write-ups soon?

Sorry, I forgot to add it. >.< But could you send it via PM? I can't copy and paste it since it's been wrapped in a quote.

Monsters, Inc.

IPB Image

I absolutely adore this movie. :wub: It's my second favorite Pixar movie of all-time and it's a movie I watched with my brothers when there were kids so the movie has a special place in my heart. Ugh, Boo is the cutest Disney character in existence and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. I feel like this movie has a shot of winning because it seems to be loved by anyone and I really can't see anyone tanking it. BOO IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. (!) Sully and Mike are great too but the star of the movie is Boo and Boo alone. (!) I need my sequel not a prequel no one asked for. :*

Monsters, Inc. is a 2001 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Pictures. The films features the voice talents John Goodman, Billy Crystal, Steve Buscemi, James Coburn, and Jennifer Tilly. John Goodman and Billy Crystal are PERFECTLY cast as Sully and Mike. The film was directed by Pete Docter in his directorial debut, and executive produced by John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton. The film centers on two monsters : James P. "Sulley" Sullivan and his one-eyed partner and best friend Mike Wazowski. Thet work at the titular energy-producing factory Monsters, Inc. which generates power by scaring human children. The monster world believes that children are toxic, and when a small child named Boo enters the factory, Sulley and Mike must return her home before it is too late.

The movie cost $115 million dollars to make and made $577.4 million at the box office. I'm going to start sending letters to Disney DEMANDING a sequel because I need to know what happened to Boo. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT BECAME OF THAT PRECIOUS ANGLEL. I need it like I need Baby Yoda. So this movie is set a in a world where monsters scare children for energy source. They use the childrens door as a gateway to their room. We are introduced to a stimulation in the beginning scene where the "child" actually scares the monster. :dead: It's actually pretty funny. Thaddeus "Phlegm" Bile failed the test because he left the door open and they believe that children are hazardous and can kill you. Mr. Henry J. Waternoose III is the CEO of Monsters, Incs. So scream equal energy Got it? Good. James P. "Sulley" Sullivan is in the running for the "Best Scarer" at Monsters, Inc. for several months running being trained by his best friend Michael "Mike" Wazowski. They really are a dynamic duo and John Goodman and Billy Crystal are perfect for these roles So like I said the movie is set in the city of Monstropolis in the monster world and is powered by energy from the screams of human children. Seeing all the different monsters in the beginning move is great. Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae who is Mike's girlfriend is another perfect addition. I'm telling you the voice cast for this movie is perfect. So energy production is falling because children are becoming less easily scared, and Henry J. Waternoose, the company's chairman, is determined to find a solution to the problem. Sully and Wazowski are the organization's top employees, but their chief rival, Randall Boggs is not far behind. He acts as the films villain. We are introduced to Roz who is voiced by Bob Peterson. ANOTHER PERFECT CHOICE. Roz is a slug-like monster with a raspy voice who administrates for Scare Floor F. So many great characters including Needleman and Smitty who are two goofy janitors who work at the plant.

So back at job Mike and Randall are going back to back trying to break the all-time scare record. A montage of al the kids being scared is shown and it's pretty funny to see how the monsters are scared of the children and the kids are becoming desensitized. Randall is in the lead for the scare record for a second before Sully breaks its. :lmao: The next scene is where a monster named George is coming out of a door and he has a human sock on his body. The CDA have to be called and George is sanitized and quarantined. That's called a 2319. The CDA stand for Child Detection Agency. Waternoose seems to value Sulley the most out of all the employees. After the incident they head out and Mike has to take Celia to a restaurant for her birthday but he forgot to file his paperwork. He will miss appointment if he stays to do it so Sulley offers to do it for fun. Sulley goes back to the work station to find a door in use. It's there we are introduced to one of the most precious characters in all of Disney, BOO. :wub:

[YOUTUBE]q6A_T75dFCg[/YOUTUBE]

"KITTY!' :wub:

Mike tries to put her back in her room but fails miserably. Randall is the one behind the open door btw. I LOVE BOO. <3 Mike stuffs Boo in a bag and tries to put her back in her room but Randall is seen leaving from it so James must hide not to be seen. Sulley takes Boo to the restaurant where Mike and Celia are at. James tells Mike about Boo and chaos ensues. :dead: Boo lets her presence be known in the restaurant and the monsters freak out. The CDA arrive again but Mike and James are able to hide Boo and take her back to their apartment. The interviews shown about the child are exaggerated and hilarious. Boo's mere presence scares Mike and James to death and it'd hilarious. Back at the apartment Mike takes a bear from Boo and she cries which causes an outburst but laughter causes a surge in energy so that is a spoiler for later. They think of a way to get rid of her because they think she will kill them. :dead: Boo is tired and tries to go to bed but is scared of the closet because Randall is her monster. SLEEPY BOO. :wub:

IPB Image

James to the conclusion that he doesn't think the child is dangerous and they should just put her back in her door. Mike objects and says what do you wants us to do walk in the company with the child and put her back? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY ATTEMPT TO DO. :dead: They have her in a monster costume and its the cutest. They bring her into the office but I has been run over by the CDA. James passes her off as a relative. They try to find her door key but Boo needs to pee. HER SONG WHILE SHE IS PEEING. :wub:

[YOUTUBE]2E-bZ9ZY2eE[/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE HER. :wub: The bathroom scene.

zDwiybWUwKM

James thinks Boo is dead. :'(

Mike tries to obtain Boo's door key from Roz but Mike didn't fill out his paperwork. Sulley and Boo are bonding and becoming closer at this point. Boo sees Randall and is scared so she goes to Mike for protection. Randall is looking for the child as well but for the wrong reasons. Mike gets a card key but it's not her card key that leads to her door so James does not want to let her go in it and it is there we discover James has given her the name, Boo. :wub: Mike is infuirated at this point and screams "NOW PUT THAT THING BACK WHERE IS CAME FROM OR SO HELP ME!" Being watched he passed it off as a play. :dead: While arguing they lose her again and Mike is elated while James is worried looking for her. Randall discovers that Mike knows the kid is in the factory. They hatch a plan to return Boo to her door. Randall has tasked Mike with returning her during lunch time. James is frantic looking for Boo and he thinks she got smash by a compactor of sorts. He is beside himself but it turns out Boo is okay and she is with a group of other little monsters. When they ask her name she says "MIKE WAZOWSKI!" SO CUTE. :wub:

2mF6hkw8G8w

Waternoose bans Mike and James into the human world.

EgESeqRSgqE

THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN.

They find her door but James doesn't trust Randall so Mike goes in to show him everything is okay. Mike is kidnapped by Randall who thought he was stealing the kid. James follows Randall who has Mike. James lost him but Boo found the secret hiding spot. The find Randall with Jeff Fungus, Randall's red-skinned, three-eyed assistant. Randall realizes he has Mike and not the kid. Mike thinks this is about the the all-time scare record but Randall says it's about much more than that. He has something planned that will even make Waternoose work for him and that is The Scream Extractor. Mike saves him before Randall can use the machine one him. James saves Mike and switches Mike with Fungus and The Scream Extractor is used on him instead. Mike and James escape and they plan to leave town, leave Monstropolis, leave Monsters, Inc. and leave Waternoose. James thinks of an idea to go to Waternoose for help who is in the middle of a scare demonstration. Waternoose wants James to demonstrate how to scare properly to a group who don't know how to; James is hesitant because he has something important to tell him. He gives in and scares Boo and Waternoose finds out about the child and about Randall. Asking if anyone knows about this he bans Mike and James when they say no one else knows. Turns out Henry J. Waternoose III is the second villain of the movie. Waternoose was secretly in cahoots with Randall exiles Mike and Sulley to the Himalayas instead of returning Boo to her home. The two meet the Abominable Snowman who tells them about a nearby village which Sulley realizes he can use to return to the factory. Sulley prepares to return, but Mike refuses to go with him. James finds his way back to Monsters, Inc.Meanwhile, Randall is preparing to use the Scream Extractor on Boo, but Sulley suddenly arrives and saves her. He destroys the machine in the process. Randall and Sulley battle and after Mike returns and helps Sulley overpower Randall, the two reconcile, take Boo, and flee. :wub:

_hhokqfNQeQ

James saves Boo. Mike saved James but I can't find a working video for it but it does happen. LOL.

8scXkDv80r0

The chase scene between Randall, Mike, James and Boo through all the doors. ICONIC.

Randall pursues them to the door vault and a wild chase ensues among the millions of doors as they move in and out of the storage vault on rails to the factory floor. I've always loved that seen. The door vault scene is one of the film's most elaborate sets. During the chase Boo's laughter causes all the doors to activate at once allowing the monsters to freely pass in and out of the human world. Randall attempts to kill Sulley, but Boo overcomes her fear of Randall and attacks him enabling Sulley to catch him. Sulley and Mike then trap Randall in the human world, where two residents at a trailer park mistake him for an alligator and beat him with a shovel. SWEET JUSTICE.

[YOUTUBE]OjKlgviD2zg&t=36s[/YOUTUBE]

Sully and Mike trick Waternoose into revealing his whole plan to The CDA.

Sulley and Mike take Boo and her door to the training room and trick Waternoose into revealing his plot with Randall with help from the CDA and Roz. Roz, the scare floor secretary is revealed to be the CDA's leader. Mike secretly records the entire conversation for the CDA to review. Waternoose is arrested and it's there where Waternoose says one of the best lines in the movie imo, "I'LL KIDNAP A THOUSAND CHILDREN BEFORE I LET THIS COMPANY DIE!" Roz thanks Sulley and Mike for their help, orders them to return Boo home, and has Boo's door demolished to prevent any monsters from making further contact with her. :( That scene always breaks me. :broken: She shows him some of her toys including Jessie and Nemo which is a nice easter egg. KITTY AND BOO. :'(

[YOUTUBE]BPaTaEN2wxY[/YOUTUBE]

Mike and Boo have to say goodbye. :bye2:

The factory is temporarily shut down and afterward Sulley is named the new CEO of Monsters, Inc. Under his leadership, the energy crisis is solved by harvesting children's laughter instead of screams as laughter has been found to be ten times more powerful than screams.. Mike takes Sulley aside, revealing he has rebuilt Boo's door. It needs one final piece, which Sulley took as a memento in order to work. Sulley puts the door chip into place, enters and joyfully reunites with Boo. WHICH WE NEVER GET TO SEE PHYSICALLY BECAUSE THERE NEEDS TO BE A SEQUEL. :) ONE OF THE BEST CLIFFHANGERS EVER. :'(

[YOUTUBE]R_u5JHRUXX0[/YOUTUBE]

SULLEY IS REUNITED WITH BOO. I'M NOT CRYING, YOU ARE. :'(

Pete Docter began developing the film in 1996, and wrote the story with Jill Culton, Jeff Pidgeon and Ralph Eggleston. Stanton wrote the screenplay with screenwriter Dan Gerson. The technical team and animators found new ways to render fur and cloth realistically for the film. Monsters, Inc. was praised by critics and proved to be a major box office success from its release on November 2, 2001 generating over $577 million worldwide and becoming the third highest-grossing film of 2001. The film won the Academy Award for Best Original Song for (“If I Didn’t Have You”) and was nominated for the first Best Animated Feature, but lost to DreamWorks’ Shrek (I was about to rage but Shrek is epic too) and was also nominated for Best Original Score and Best Sound Editing. Monsters, Inc. saw a 3D re-release in theaters on December 19, 2012. A prequel titled Monsters University which was directed by Dan Scanlon, was released on June 21, 2013. WHICH NO ONE ASKED FOR. The film received a 96% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. A web-series titled Monsters at Work will release on Disney+ in 2020. Again, where is Monsters Inc. 2? WHERE?

tqaHBfBSSuc

Monsters Inc. The Musical. MAKE IT HAPPEN, DISNEY.

fEqrt6nZTS4

"If I Didn't Have You" performed by Goodman and Crystal.

Pixar is not known for their music like I've mentioned but this one this have some bops. Randy Newman, who composed the music for Pixar's three prior films, returned to compose its fourth. The end credits song "If I Didn't Have You" was sung by John Goodman and Billy Crystal. The album was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Score and a Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media. The score lost both these awards to The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, but after sixteen nominations, the song "If I Didn't Have You" finally won Newman his first Academy Award for Best Original Song. It also won a Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Visual Media.

IPB Image

Besides Monters University and Monsters at Work in the works an animated short, Mike's New Car was released 2002. The movie has produced several video games including The video games included Monsters, Inc., Monsters, Inc. Scream Team and Monsters, Inc. Scream Arena. I think all movie games suck so I'm almost positive they are not good. I could be wrong but don't care to find out. Monsters, Inc. has inspired three attractions at Disney theme parks around the world. In 2006 Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! opened at Disneyland Resort's Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, California. In 2007, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor opened at Walt Disney World Resort's Magic Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, replacing The Timekeeper. In 2009 Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek opened at Tokyo Disney Resort's Tokyo Disneyland in Chiba, Japan. ALL OF THIS BUT STILL NO MONSTERS INC. 2?!?!?!?!?! My second favorite Pixar movie of all-time deserves a SEQUEL. BOO IS WAITING. (!)

IPB Image

"KITTY!" :spaz:

UPDATED.

Me: I updated another write-up. :spaz:

IPB Image

I'M SO PROUD. :wub:

Steven and the rest of IDF:

IPB Image

GIVE US TOY STORY AND THE LION KING. :dead:

Edited by 1234567890

I just found out another co-worker of mine just passed away. I've known her 10 years. I can't take much more of this. :'( She was also on medical leave. :( I'll be updating my Toy Story 3 write-up to keep my mind of things. :(

Toy Story 3

IPB Image

That gif and scene above is one of the saddest if not the saddest in all of Pixar. :'( The fact that we grew up with these toys and they were heading to their doom was too much for me to handle. I was a sobbing mess in the theater; I had to be consoled. There is a special place in hell for those who ranked this movie below 20. You have no heart and I cannot be convinced otherwise. It's the third and the best Toy Story film in the franchise. I never thought an installment would beat the original Toy Story but Toy Story did THAT. :* The film had a perfect ending a part 4 was not needed especially when Bonnie turns out to be a spoiled brat. :) SPOILERS? Oh, well. It's been out for a few months now. Guess what? Jack died at the end of Titanic sorry to spoil that one too. :bleh: I love this movie so much it even cracked my Top 5 Disney films of all-time shoving Aladdin down to number 4.

Toy Story 3 is a 2010 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. It is the third installment in Pixar's Toy Story series,[ and the sequel to 1999's Toy Story 2. It was directed by Lee Unkrich, the editor of the first two films and the co-director of Toy Story 2, written by Michael Arndt, while Unkrich wrote the story along with John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton, respectively director and co-writer of the first two films.

The film was and still is a representation of my childhood. It was the first Pixar film to hit 1 billion dollars. It would be funny of Toy Story 3 ranked number 3. I hope it outranks the original because it deserves it. Anyone who disagrees has nostalgia bias and needs to be cured asap. Many thought this would be the last in the series and I would have preferred if it was because the ending was perfection. The film focuses on Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the gang accidentally being donated to a day care center, while Andy who is 17 is preparing to leave for college. The race us on to get home before Andy leaves. Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Joan Cusack, Don Rickles, Wallace Shawn, John Ratzenberger, Estelle Harris, Jodi Benson, John Morris, Laurie Metcalf and R. Lee Ermey all reprise their roles from previous films. Jim Varney, who voiced Slinky Dog in the first two films, died on February 10, 2000, 10 years before the release of the third film, so the role of Slinky was passed down to Blake Clark. The returning cast is joined by Ned Beatty, Michael Keaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Timothy Dalton, Kristen Schaal, Bonnie Hunt, and Jeff Garlin who voice the new characters introduced in this film.

sogJXcJArYM

The opening scene to the best Toy Story film. Fight me.

The film opens with the toys being played with and leads to montage of Andy growing up and playing with his toys to the tune of "You've Got A Friend In Me". The toys have come up with a plan for Andy to play with them once more but it goes wrong. Andy being a teenager is no longer interested in toys. That was their last attempt to be played with. Woody says they all knew this day would come and has accepted the fact that the rest of their days will be in the attic and they have fulfilled their duty to Andy. They army troops bail before they can be tossed in a trash bag which I find hilarious. :dead: Seeing all the gang together made me feel a certain way. There are a lot less toys and even Bo Peep, Wheezy and Etch are no longer in the household. This days comes for every toy and it hits home because we've all been there. This movie made me wish I kept all my toys. They decide to go to the attic and be there for Andy whenever he needs them even if they have to wait until he has children.

Gc_x-Qk3wyI

The toys on route to Sunnyside.

1uZx1UoBJd4

Lotso give the toys a tour of Sunnyside.

They start to pack and Molly tosses Barbie away in a box to donate to Sunnyside, a daycare for kids. Andy doesn't know what he wants to do with his old toys. He throws all of them in a trash bag except Woody and Buzz. Woody goes in the box for college and Buzz goes in the trash bag to the attic. Woody thinks they are going to the trash but they are going to the attic. Andy helps Molly move some of her things and the mom mistakes the trash bag of toys for actual trash. She leaves them on the curb and Woody goes to save them. The managed to escape even though Woody thinks they were smashed by the dumpster. A Sulley and Boo tea. The toys thinking they were being thrown away go inside the box to Sunnyside. They believe Andy threw them away and after her called them junk; they have made up their mind. Woody tries to change their minds but in the middle of arguing Woody gets stuck with them in the box in the car. Andy's mom drives all the toys off to Sunnyside. We need Bonne who is a sweet child in this film but an evil child in the fourth. I do not hate children but I do not like Bonnie. :) Andy's mom drops the toys off to Sunnyside and it's there where they meet Lotso and he introduces them to Sunnyside. A place he says they will get played with 5 days a week and when the children grow up new ones come in. It sounds like heaven to all the toys except Woody. Ken and Barbie meet for the first time which is hilarious considering their history irl. Sidenote: Lotso smells like strawberries. One of my favorite new toys is Big Baby.

nny1Du93z9o

THE CATERPILLAR ROOM.

UrZcFnwiMHM

Bonnie finds Woody and takes him home.

y-PWzNjT_pM

Playtime and Bonnie's. Woody meets Mr. Pricklepants, Trixie, Buttercup, Dolly and Totoro.

The toys get sent to the Caterpillar Room and they think it's the best thing ever until they realize the kids are savages. :dead: Woody wants to go back to Andy but the other toys want to stay. Woody and the other toys leave on now so good terms. Bullseye wants to go with Woody but convinces him to stay as he doesn't want him alone in the attic. Woody attempts to return home, but is instead found by Bonnie who brings him home and plays with him and her other toys. The kids come to the Caterpillar room and are WRECKED. :dead: Meanwhile, Woody is having a great time at Bonnie's. It takes him back to his time with Andy. The toys after being destroyed with want to switch to The Butterfly Room with the older kds. :P Buzz escapes to meet with Lotso and it's there where he finds out Lotso is not what he seems...

gxynB4egygQ

Buzz is reset and Lotso is revealed to be the villain of the movie.

VC7FOim7TWk

The gang are held captive when they request to go home with the help of Buzz who has been set to his factory settings.

Lotso has the place on lockdown and the new toys are to stay in The Caterpillar Room to continued to be "played" with. :dead: Woody wants to return home after a day with Bonnie. Even though he had fun Andy is his toy and he wants to go back to his owner. The others help him. Buzz requests a transfer and Lotso accepts his offer but only for Buzz. Buzz declines saying he can't leave his family. Lotso reset Buzz as retaliation and makes him his minion. Mrs. Potato Head sees with her eye the she left behind that what Woody said was true and Andy wants them home in the attic. They decide to leave and go back to Andy. Lotso does not let that happen and the reset Buzz traps all the toys. Mr. Potato Head is put in the box because of his mouthiness. Barbie seeing what Ken is apart of chooses to be a prisoner with her friends.

S_p8XQOqAJQ

The story of Lotso.

Back at Bonnie's the toys help Woody find his back home. He thanks them and tells them if they ever made it to Sunnyside to let them know Woody made it home. The toys asked how did he escape. Woody is confused and it's there when Woody learns the backstory of Lotso and his tyranny at Sunnyside. Chuckles, a toy clown, explains that he, Lotso, and Big Baby were owned by a girl named Daisy, but were lost during a family trip. When they made it home, Lotso found out that he had been replaced. His personality changed; he lied to Big Baby, saying Daisy had replaced all of them. They went to Sunnyside, where Lotso took over, turning it into a toy prison. Chuckles was eventually broken and later found by Bonnie. Woody decides to go back for his friends even though the other toys say it's a suicide mission. BUT THIS IS WOODY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. Woody goes back to save his friends from Sunnyside.

2LHtWNA37pY

Chatterbox Telephone tells Woody how to escape with his friends.

KcR8vrfwzoA

Woody comes back to save his friends.

N5sTS7sKtI0

Big Baby throws Lotso in the garbage after Woody reveals that he lied to. Big Baby and told the truth about Daisy, their original owner.

Woody goes with Bonnie to Sunnyside to save his friend. The toys are subjected to The Caterpillar Room again. :dead: CHAOS. (!) When Woody returns to Sunnyside, a Chatter Telephone tells him that there is now only one way out; the trash. The Chatter Telephone tells him how to escape and that his real roadblock is going to be the monkey. He is the eyes of the operation. The plan is set into motion. Andy's toys subdue Buzz, but accidentally reset him to his Spanish mode. Buzz allies himself with Woody and falls in love with Jessie. The toys reach a dumpster, but are cornered by Lotso's gang. As a garbage truck approaches, Woody reveals Lotso's deception to Big Baby, who throws Lotso into the dumpster. As the toys try to leave, Lotso pulls Woody into the dumpster right before the truck arrives. The rest of Andy's toys fall into the truck while trying to rescue him. Buzz returns to normal after a television falls onto him inside the truck. I'm leaving so much stuff out because this movie is so great like when they beat the monkey, when Ken tries on all the clothes for Barbie and her destroying them to get him to spill how to reset Buzz back to his original state and Mr. Potato Head becomes Mr. Tortilla Head. :dead: SPANISH BUZZ DESERVES ANOTHER SHOUTOUT IF I HAVEN'T GIVEN HIM ONE ALREADY AND THE CRAZY MONKEY THEY HAD TO STOP TO ESCAPE FROM SUNNYSIDE.

Okay, okay, back to the movie. The truck takes the toys to a landfill. Buzz saves Jessie which brings him back to his original state. where the Aliens are swept away after spotting an industrial claw and the other toys are swept onto a conveyor belt that leads to an incinerator. Woody even saved Lotso and he still betrayed him. THIS NEXT SCENE BROKE ME. :'( It's the reason the movie ranks so high for me. THIS SCENE IS SO SOB INDUCING. :'(

IPB Image

N7uNGUJa7ak[/yoUtube]

THIS IS THE SINGLE SADDEST SCENE IN PIXAR HISTORY. UP EAT YOUR HEART OUT. :'(

After narrowly avoiding a shredder, Woody and Buzz help Lotso reach an emergency stop button only for Lotso to abandon them. UGH. The toys fall into the incinerator and fight with all their might to service. They resign themselves to their fate and Woody is the last to give in. They all hold hands and accept that they are all going to di together. :'( :'( :'( OMG. I CAN'T. I CAN'T. THEY ARE RESUED BY THE ALIENS AT THE LAST SECOND AS THEY PROCLAIM "THE CLAW!" :spaz: I was so happy and was crying so hard. Lotso is later found by a garbage truck driver who ties him to his truck's radiator grille. Woody and the other toys ride another garbage truck back to Andy's house just before Andy goes off to college. The toys go to the attic box and Woody goes inside the college box.

BCjiQeavqqc

Woody says goodbye to the other toys as he prepares to go with Andy to college.

As Andy is saying his last goodbyes to Molly, Buster and his mom, Woody says an exchange between Andy and his mom that makes Woody leave his box and write a sticky-note on it. Andy finds the box with all his toys and Bonnie's address. Andy arrives at Bonnie's house to see Bonnie playing with her toys. He donates his box of toys to Bonnie. He introduces all his toys to Bonnie because they need someone special to play with them. :'( They all get introduced one by one and it's just amazing. He finishes by introducing Buzz Lightyear when Bonnie looks inside the box to see Woody, the toy she found earlier in the movie. She says it's "her" cowboy" and reaches for it. Andy recoils and is hesitant to give Woody away. He should have stuck to his guy. TOY STORY 4 SPOILER ALERT. :ermm: Andy gives Woody's introduction and that's when you know Andy is going to give Woody away to Bonnie. :'( He has his last playtime with his toys and he leaves off to college. All the toys look on as Woody says "SO LONG, PARTNER!" :bye2:

Vwu385K3Oq0

Andy giving his toys to Bonnie. :'(

"Now Woody... he's been my pal as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be, and kind and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special is that he'll never give up on you. Ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what. You think you can take care of him for me?" - Andy

I love this movie and it's my favorite Pixar movie of all-time and my third favorite Disney movie of all-time. It's the perfect film and it should beat the original imo. The film was released in theaters June 18, 2010. Toy Story 3 was the first film to be released theatrically with Dolby Surround 7.1 sound. Like its predecessors, Toy Story 3 received critical acclaim upon release, with critics praising the vocal performances, screenplay, emotional depth, animation, and Randy Newman's musical score. It became the second Pixar film (after Up) and third animated film overall (after Beauty and the Beast and Up) to receive an Academy Award nomination for Best Picture. The film received four more Academy Award nominations for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Sound Editing, Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song. It won winning the last two mentioned. Toy Story 3 was the first animated film to gross over $1 billion worldwide in ticket sales becoming the highest-grossing film of 2010 in both North America and worldwide. It's the fourth-highest-grossing film at the time of its release, as well as the highest-grossing animated film of all time and Pixar's highest-grossing film, all records held at the time of its release. While costing $200 million dollars to make it made $1.067 billion at the box office. On its first week of release on Blu-ray and DVD, it sold 3,859,736 units ranking No.1 for the week and immediately becoming the bestselling animated film of 2010 in units sold (surpassing How to Train Your Dragon). As of July 18, 2012, it had sold 10,911,701 units. It became the bestselling DVD of 2010 in units sold. It also sold about 4 million Blu-ray units, ranking as the fourth bestselling film of 2010. It's the highest-grossing film in the Toy Story series and the second-highest-grossing Pixar film behind Incredibles 2. Choices. :ermm: The film produced a video game which like I always say probably sucked. :wub: The film received a 98% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes even though it should have 100%. A sequel, Toy Story 4 directed by Josh Cooley, was released on June 21, 2019. Now here are some other videos before I wrap it up for this write-up.

gscNB7ULFTA

The epilogue to the film.

3jiaQJ0ytcI

Sid is the garbage man in this film.

dr9nRWPzKRo

"We Belong Together" by Randy Newman.

gwV512u4jcU

No write-up is complete with the theme song for the Toy Story franchise, You've Got A Friend In Me".

J-gvL6orjc0

The Spanish version for Toy Story 3.

On January 25, 2011, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced that Toy Story 3 was not only nominated for Best Animated Feature, but also for Best Picture. This makes Toy Story 3 not only the first animated sequel in history to be nominated for Best Picture, but also just the third animated film to ever be so nominated (following Beauty and the Beast and Up), with Toy Story 3 becoming the second Pixar film to be nominated for both awards. Toy Story 3 also became the first ever Pixar film and the first animated feature film since Shrek to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. Beauty and the Beast, Shrek and Up and now Toy Story 3. ICONS ONLY. :wub: I love this movie to pieces and there is only one way to end it...

IPB Image

IPB Image

UPDATED.

Me: I updated another write-up. :spaz:

IPB Image

I'M SO PROUD. :wub:

Steven and the rest of IDF:

IPB Image

GIVE US TOY STORY AND THE LION KING. :dead:

AGAIN. (!) The good news I only have one write-up left to do. :stealth:

Victoria, I added your Monsters, Inc. write-up, but not all the images or emoticons were able to included.

I tried to add your Toy Story 3 write-up, but it's not possible without removing images and emoticons from all the other write-ups already submitted. So, due to IDF's restrictions, I'll just link your write-up to the movie's release year from the list on the first page.

I’ll finally be able to announce the winner today. :w00t:

Not right at this moment since I’m on my phone, but definitely no later than tonight. Hopefully at a time all the rankers will be present too. ^_^