General Christmas Thread

Rate this topic

pnkrngrwnnb

On 12/4/2020 at 12:39 PM, miss denise said:

Yay, me too!! 😄 I did some shopping in stores as well, but most online. :yes: 

I finished my shopping awhile ago, but keep finding more gifts I want to give. :blushingwave: 🎅 Yeah, mail is really delayed lately and will probably be even more so with the holiday. :( 

Cool, I couldn't go shopping in person this year, so I did Christmas shopping online.

Yeah, mail delivery is crazy this month. I bought Maddie Poppe merch recently and I haven't got it yet.

I'm also waiting for my other packages to come the mail soon.

Edited by Starry_Night

13 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

It's part of my heritage. 🙂

That's so cool! ❤️ Do you do anything to celebrate? 

I took four years of French in school and every year we'd each leave a shoe outside the classroom in the hallway for Papa Noel. :haha: Such fun memories. ❤️ 🎅 

13 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

Cool, I couldn't go shopping in person this year, so I did Christmas shopping online.

Yeah, mail delivery is crazy this month. I bought Maddie Poppe merch recently and I haven't got it yet.

I'm also waiting for my other packages to come the mail soon.

Understandable! There have been lots of great online deals, so I definitely took advantage of those. :yes:  I just picked up some extra things at times while grocery shopping, but online shopping is convenient and safe. ❤️ 

Yeah, there's definitely a lot slowing it down. :( Hopefully everything arrives soon! 

38 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Understandable! There have been lots of great online deals, so I definitely took advantage of those. :yes:  I just picked up some extra things at times while grocery shopping, but online shopping is convenient and safe. ❤️ 

Yeah, there's definitely a lot slowing it down. :( Hopefully everything arrives soon! 

Yeah, there's lots of good deals on online this year.

Thanks, I'm getting some of the presents I bought in the mail this week, which is good.

I heard this song on the radio today. 😄

2 hours ago, miss denise said:

That's so cool! ❤️ Do you do anything to celebrate? 

I took four years of French in school and every year we'd each leave a shoe outside the classroom in the hallway for Papa Noel. :haha: Such fun memories. ❤️ 🎅 

Thanks, it's a day for kids to get presents from St. Nicholas, so I haven't celebrated it in a long time but my family has 2 Christmases

because we have Ukrainian heritage, so we also celebrate Ukrainian Christmas in January.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas_Day Here's more info on Saint Nicholas Day.

Cool 🙂

Edited by Starry_Night

21 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

Thanks, it's a day for kids to get presents from St. Nicholas, so I haven't celebrated it in a long time but my family has 2 Christmases

because we have Ukrainian heritage, so we also celebrate Ukrainian Christmas in January.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Nicholas_Day Here's more info on Saint Nicholas Day.

Cool 🙂

Aww, that's really cool! I am not familiar with Ukrainian Christmas, but love to learn about different festivities like this. ^_^ 

• Like 1

https://ew.com/movies/stream-elf-for-free-online/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=5fd10c085b1bc70001e405f7

If you want to ELF on streaming this year.

I got Maddie Poppe's Christmas From Home ep and Serena Ryder's Christmas cd in the mail today. 🙂

16 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

https://ew.com/movies/stream-elf-for-free-online/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=5fd10c085b1bc70001e405f7

If you want to ELF on streaming this year.

I got Maddie Poppe's Christmas From Home ep and Serena Ryder's Christmas cd in the mail today. 🙂

Elf! :wub:  I always watch my DVD, but streaming is more convenient, of course. :haha: I wish it was more easily accessible (not having to pay more) on one of the million streaming services I'm already paying for. :dead: 

I didn't know Maddie released a Christmas EP. 😮  I may have to check that out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miss denise said:

Elf! :wub:  I always watch my DVD, but streaming is more convenient, of course. :haha: I wish it was more easily accessible (not having to pay more) on one of the million streaming services I'm already paying for. :dead: 

I didn't know Maddie released a Christmas EP. 😮  I may have to check that out. 

I love ELF too, I have it on dvd and bluray. 🙂

Have you watched The Holiday Movies That Made Us?, they did an episode on ELF and it's awesome. 

Yes, she released a new Christmas ep last month.

I bought it from her merch store because it couldn't find it on iTunes Canada and it's signed by her, which is cool. 

I got Christmas chocolate in the mail today. 😄 

6 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

I love ELF too, I have it on dvd and bluray. 🙂

Have you watched The Holiday Movies That Made Us?, they did an episode on ELF and it's awesome. 

Yes, she released a new Christmas ep last month.

I bought it from her merch store because it couldn't find it on iTunes Canada and it's signed by her, which is cool. 

I got Christmas chocolate in the mail today. 😄 

Elf is the best. ❤️ I haven't yet, but actually posted about that in the Netflix thread this morning. :haha: I just found out about it and definitely am going to watch the Elf episode! 

That's cool! ^_^  And yay for Christmas chocolate too! 🎅 

• Like 1

National Gingerbread House Day! :spaz: I didn't know that. I loved building gingerbread houses as a kid and gingerbread cookies are still my favorite to this day. ❤️  I actually bought a dog friendly gingerbread dog house at PetSmart, so may have to do that today with my furbaby. :haha: 🎅 

128596516_3647203898720747_2005029997973

• Like 1

8 hours ago, miss denise said:

National Gingerbread House Day! :spaz: I didn't know that. I loved building gingerbread houses as a kid and gingerbread cookies are still my favorite to this day. ❤️  I actually bought a dog friendly gingerbread dog house at Petco, so may have to do that today with my furbaby. :haha: 🎅 

128596516_3647203898720747_2005029997973

Cool, I got a gingerbread house this year because I haven't made one in a long time.

I played a Christmas movie trivia game from a local movie theater near me today and got 23rd place out of 96 people. 🙂

Also, I got Christmas crackers in the mail today. 

15 hours ago, Starry_Night said:

Cool, I got a gingerbread house this year because I haven't made one in a long time.

I played a Christmas movie trivia game from a local movie theater near me today and got 23rd place out of 96 people. 🙂

Also, I got Christmas crackers in the mail today. 

Aw yay, that's so fun! I've been tempted to in recent years, but then I wouldn't want to eat all that. :haha:  I did attempt to make the one with my dog yesterday, but the icing would not stick to the treats. :broken:  We just decorated the panels as cookies instead and she loved it. She sat so patiently waiting to eat one. :haha::wub: 

That sounds fun! Congrats on doing so well. ^_^ 

I'm curious what Christmas crackers look like. 😮