Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


istersay
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, VoiceSelf12 said:

Unpopular: Hello Sunday doesn’t deserve the hate they get… in fact they had some of the best growth out of many contestants. I thought they were phenomenal in almost every performance. 

 

Ik this may trigger some people Lol!

Even if they gave poor performances every week, they still wouldn’t be deserving of the hate they got. I completely agree. We need to spread more love and less hate! 🤗🥰

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Unpopular: Hello Sunday doesn’t deserve the hate they get… in fact they had some of the best growth out of many contestants. I thought they were phenomenal in almost every performance. 

 

Ik this may trigger some people Lol!


I don’t see anyone hating on them. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

tbh i felt really bad for Reagan Strange and all the hate she was getting, especially that she still gets some today and that people are STILL bringing the robe thing up. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

oh… I just saw some previous comments from others saying the girls where pitchy during their run Lol. 

I wouldn't classify that as hate. More like an observation, now whether it's a correct one is up for debate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Unpopular: Hello Sunday doesn’t deserve the hate they get… in fact they had some of the best growth out of many contestants. I thought they were phenomenal in almost every performance. 

 

Ik this may trigger some people Lol!

I was a fan of HS on s17. I'll acknowledge that they (mainly Chelsea when straining for high notes) could get pitchy at times, but during some performances / parts of performances, HS really shined. Chelsea on the beginning of Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing was stunning, and Myla's high notes were super impressive to me. 

 

I've said this before, but I think they could have made the finals (perhaps on another season, the top 4 of s17 was very solid) if they had split up the songs with Chelsea tackling the softer parts + parts with head voice and Myla taking on the big notes. That way they'd each play to their strengths and there wouldn't have been pitch issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

oh… I just saw some previous comments from others saying the girls where pitchy during their run Lol. 

That's not hate (I'd say that's just factually correct), but IIRC there were some unkind comments about HS on IDF and elsewhere during the season.

Edited by QueenCami
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd say HS were probably the best performers we got to see live in S17. Some like Katie, Rose and Ricky never felt out of place on that stage and had some presence but weren't performing. Others like Jake and Shane had very awkward moments up there. The only one that rivals them for this title would be Will. I think that's a major thing HS had going for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I'd say HS were probably the best performers we got to see live in S17. Some like Katie, Rose and Ricky never felt out of place on that stage and had some presence but weren't performing. Others like Jake and Shane had very awkward moments up there. The only one that rivals them for this title would be Will. I think that's a major thing HS had going for them.

As vocalists, they weren't on par with some of the greats of that season, but they definitely did perform; they had a whole dance section in their T8 performance. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

These performances were not bad :

 

 

 

 

 

Rich Girl was good! It wasn't flashy but it let her show off her cool tone and runs.

 

Also lol they have an error on the thumbnail for the T9 performance; it says PLAYOFFS on the bottom. But getting on-topic, this performance is good too, but it's my least favorite of this set of three.

 

Joanna had my favorite SF IS performance, actually! I thought she was in her element here, and I thought this was the only performance of her run that got close to her blind/battle. 

Oops I guess s18 me liked it more than s20.5 me. It's still good, but not as good as I remembered. I prefer Rich Girl to this.

Edited by QueenCami
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

That's not hate (I'd say that's just factually correct), but IIRC there were some unkind comments about HS on IDF and elsewhere during the season.

 

Facebook lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I actually loved her Lean on Me performance...thought the setting and her voice and the choices she made were really refreshing and calming.

 

The background too! 🤩💕

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I actually loved her Lean on Me performance...thought the setting and her voice and the choices she made were really refreshing and calming.

 

 

Same- it's honestly one of my favorite performances from that night ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, erik g said:

 

This battle was VERY underrated 

This was the performance that made me a fan of Myracle 🙂

 

IIRC we didn't have spoilers for this battle, so I was hoping they'd pick Myracle despite Elise's cool high notes, and it ended up happening!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

This was the performance that made me a fan of Myracle 🙂

 

IIRC we didn't have spoilers for this battle, so I was hoping they'd pick Myracle despite Elise's cool high notes, and it ended up happening!

i would’ve picked Myracle but i wish Elise was stolen or saved 😔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, erik g said:

 

This battle was VERY underrated 

One of the best battles of the season ! I hated that 1 steal 1 save bullcrap cause I'm pretty sure Elise would've got a steal if it was 2 steals per coach

 

15 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

IIRC we didn't have spoilers for this battle

There was like no mention of her at all in the spoilers, I remember the whole Myracle/Kyndal/Calvin/BattleSave situation being up the air for the KOs, and the whole team was good so I was hoping she would advance to the lives.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, erik g said:

 After this performance, Anna deserved to make it to the Top 9. or at least make out into the instant save. 

Not sure if unpopular, but 100% she should have at least fought for that IS.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, erik g said:

 After this performance, Anna deserved to make it to the Top 9. or at least make out into the instant save. 

Probably not unpopular on here, but I agree. All of Team Blake was great, but I feel that Cam/Anna/Jordan had A+ performances while Pete lagged behind a bit. I think Anna should have gotten into the WC, but things get tough there since we have Anna/Ryleigh/Corey (all very deserving artists) vying for the 9th spot, and I don't think that Anna would have reasonably gotten it given the ostensible preference for males in voting in the past few seasons. I would have really struggled w/ who to vote for since Ryleigh is another favorite, but I probably would have voted for both if it allowed me to in the hopes that one would move on, especially knowing that Anna had "Don't Know Why" as her IS song—she would have killed it on that!

 

Tbh, I would have loved for Anna to get the CS and then Jordan to get the IS win. Cam/Anna/Jordan all killed it and it's such a shame that all three didn't move on. 

Edited by QueenCami
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...