The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Joanna Serenko's knockout included too many additions to it, making it less enjoyable for me to listen to. I thought it was one of her weaker performances.

Her doing runs actually made that song more enjoyable for me.

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Solely based on blinds...I agree. :yes:

My unpop opinion: Desz's blind is overrated. I love her low notes but most of the time when she tries to go bigger it just doesn't have much impact for me (besides her KO and Semi)

Edited by FloorWax

Just now, FloorWax said:

My unpop opinion: Desz's blind is overrated. I love her low notes but most of the time when she tries to go bigger it just doesn't have much impact for me (besides her KO and Semi)

It was my favorite performance from her but I agree it wasn't that much impressive technically.

6 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

IDK if its been said yet, but:

Kelsie Watts > Desz

If Kelsie wasn't bussed for whatever reason and went against Desz, she could have been Kelly's frontrunner and made at least 3rd against Ian in the Finale.

Tbh this might be true, she didn’t have a chance to show what she’s capable of, plus she seemed to be very well received (especially considering her genre). Kelly’s obsession with both Madeline and Tanner screwed everything. I don’t know who would’ve got the PV if it came down to DeSz vs Kelsie vs Cami and all three had fair song choices.

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Joanna Serenko's knockout included too many additions to it, making it less enjoyable for me to listen to. I thought it was one of her weaker performances.

She should’ve done less runs towards the middle of the song I think, but the beginning and the end of the song were gorgeous imo. Actually I think she had some of the most enjoyable runs we’ve heard on the show cause no one else do it like her.

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

The audio mixing wasnt really kind to her. Bandzilla overpowered her a bit there.

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I agree with everything here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I don’t know who would’ve got the PV if it came down to DeSz vs Kelsie vs Cami and all three had fair song choices.

Imagine a S17-type format with those three as Kelly's top three though 🔥

Also, for the season 18 indie girl trio: Zan > Joanna > Allegra.

I love Zan's tone and most of her song choices (semifinals excluded, but her Instant Save was decent), I liked Joanna but wasn't super crazy about all of her runs, and Allegra's tone was really great but her enunciation made it harder for me to get into her performance wise. All three are incredibly talented vocalists and I wish we'd gotten to see them live instead of "live from home" but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn’t like Zan’s upper register, I thought it was too thin. But the beginning and the end of her performances are usually gorgeous since it comes down to the tone and the delivery.

I personally can't stand when people says that Kelly picked Gihanna as her coach save based on "strategie". Gihanna actually earned the save because she gave a great performance and, in my opinion, Kelly just decided to reward her for that. 

Also, i love Corey, he is probably one of the few male contestants i've been genuinely a fan of, but, with that said, i think Gihanna outsang him on every solo live round (Playoffs, Semifinal and Semifinal Instant Save), so, yeah, that's it. 

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Both were solid, but Joanna was better than Zan in their knockout. 

This is not an unpopular opinion. IDF always preferred Joanna.

Here's my unpop opinion tho. 

Zan's PO performance was much much better than Camm's. Camm did nothing special for me on that round.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I personally can't stand when people says that Kelly picked Gihanna as her coach save based on "strategie". Gihanna actually earned the save because she gave a great performance and, in my opinion, Kelly just decided to reward her for that. 

Also, i love Corey, he is probably one of the few male contestants i've been genuinely a fan of, but, with that said, i think Gihanna outsang him on every solo live round (Playoffs, Semifinal and Semifinal Instant Save), so, yeah, that's it. 

To each it's own. I like Gihanna too but Corey outsang her in the PO and in the IS. The only time when she was better than Corey was the SF night.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Couldn't have said it any better ;) glad someone said this. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Zan's PO performance was much much better than Camm's. Camm did nothing special for me on that round.

i wouldn't say much MUCH better but definitely Zan > Camm. Her rendition of Blowin' In The Wind was amazing.

This isn't really a Voice-related unpopular opinion, but while I do appreciate Bob Dylan for his songwriting, I don't like the guy's voice/vocal style. I like Sid's and Zan's versions of the Dylan songs they sang way more than the originals.

• Like 2

When it comes down to the PO performance, it's more even than the SF when she crushed him but I agree that Kelly saved her based on the performance. Actually I don't think Kelly is that much into strategy, especially when she has a clear frontrunner it doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Actually I don't think Kelly is that much into strategy, especially when she has a clear frontrunner it doesn't matter.

She’s by far the most strategic coach right now imo. Maybe ever.

51 minutes ago, Daillon said:

She’s by far the most strategic coach right now imo. Maybe ever.

How? She picks a favorite from the blinds, and does whatever she wants with the rest, with no strategy whatsoever. If she guesses wrong with her TCO, she’s screwed. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How? She picks a favorite from the blinds, and does whatever she wants with the rest, with no strategy whatsoever. If she guesses wrong with her TCO, she’s screwed. 

Jej :dead:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll admit that calling any Voice coach “strategic” is a bit far-fetched, but to me she’s the only one who comes close to having an actual strategy.

That “strategy” only works if she chooses the right person, and she has been pretty good at predicting who has better odds (Jej aside). So I think that, while it has big drawbacks, that strategy has been for the most part successful.