The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

Unpopular opinion here we go :

I would’ve picked Raine over Andrew 👀 I mean I know it was autotuned as hell but from what I saw I would’ve still picked her.

i think so too :stealth:

• Like 1

I've watched Seasons 13-20 and I think this might be the second weakest final behind Season 16. I kind feel Cam is the only one who showed they deserved to be there and in Season 16 I thought only Maelyn showed she was deserving. At least this time the rest of the cast were not just country singers.

9 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I've watched Seasons 13-20 and I think this might be the second weakest final behind Season 16. I kind feel Cam is the only one who showed they deserved to be there and in Season 16 I thought only Maelyn showed she was deserving. At least this time the rest of the cast were not just country singers.

You are correct. 

Posted (edited)

A few unpopular opinions for s20..

U got it bad was one of the best battles of the season, I personally have it 2nd behind pov.

It was also up there with Glory and Freedom as his best performances

I always thought Cam was one of the best vocally in the competition, but his performances never amazed or interested me that much upon first listen. I think in large part due to his tone. While I didn't dislike it,

I didn't think it was amazing. 

But I actually found myself appreciating him much more when I listened to his performances repeatedly, and I grew to really like his tone in some parts of his performances, stand up in particular.

Ainae had one of the better blind auditions.

Edited by Hsamid

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

A few unpopular opinions for s20..

U got it bad was one of the best battles of the season.

It was also up there with Glory and Freedom as his best performances

I see no lies here.

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

I always thought Cam was one of the best vocally in the competition, but his performances never amazed or interested me that much upon first listen. I think in large part due to his tone. While I didn't dislike it,

I didn't think it was amazing. 

But I actually found myself appreciating him much more when I listened to his performances repeatedly, and I grew to really like his tone in some parts of his performances, stand up in particular.

I agree. Apart from Feeling Good I didn't use to like his performances much at the first listen but then they slowly grew on me when I watched them repeatedly.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Posted (edited)

Rachel Mac and Pia Renee are the most interesting and unique contestants who made the lives this season (Ryleigh close behind). If Raine and Halley had made it, they'd be up there with them.

Edited by QueenCami
grammar
  • Like 8

Just now, QueenCami said:

Rachel Mac and Pia Renee are the most interesting and unique contestants who made the lives this season (Ryleigh close behind). If Raine and Halley had made it, they'd be up there with them.

I definitely agree. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

💯 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 7:45 PM, sneaky said:

Yea the final overall was filled with a lot of the weaker contestants from this season which made me pretty disinterested in it.  I liked Rachel too but the season was an obvious Cam win.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Corey > Savanna on the battle.

Is that unpopular here?  I mean I know I thought Savanna was a lot better and only became a Corey fan after KOs but I thought most people here wanted him to win that.

1 hour ago, Anonnymoose said:

Is that unpopular here?  I mean I know I thought Savanna was a lot better and only became a Corey fan after KOs but I thought most people here wanted him to win that.

Corey's blind was more warmly received than Savanna's. It was probably in IDF's top 4 or 5. But in the battle IDF preferred Savanna. Misirlou created a poll for the Favorite individual performance and Corey only got like 3 or 4 votes while Savanna got more than 18.

And even for their KOs I'm not sure who IDF preferred. Because Both Corey and Savanna were the second favorite KOs of IDF of their respective nights(the different between Corey and Pia was really minor but I'm sure if he was up against Cam the difference would've been higher just like in Savanna's case).

7 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

is it unpopular to say that Mathew Shuler's version of Hallelujah is still the best?

For me, it still is (I've been listening to the studio over and over again). for the others, I think it's Maelyn's (I MEAN- IDF SNOWFLAKE LOL)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

is it unpopular to say that Mathew Shuler's version of Hallelujah is still the best?

I love his arrangement. The best performance of Hallelujah, imo.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I don't think it's that unpopular. IDF is probably divided between Mathew and Maelyn.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Corey's blind was more warmly received than Savanna's. It was probably in IDF's top 4 or 5. But in the battle IDF preferred Savanna. Misirlou created a poll for the Favorite individual performance and Corey only got like 3 or 4 votes while Savanna got more than 18.

And even for their KOs I'm not sure who IDF preferred. Because Both Corey and Savanna were the second favorite KOs of IDF of their respective nights(the different between Corey and Pia was really minor but I'm sure if he was up against Cam the difference would've been higher just like in Savanna's case).

Huh yea I thought Corey’s blind was fine but nothing special, wasn’t anywhere near my top 5. I’m shocked he was the second favorite KO tho, I didn’t think anything else that night came remotely close to Already Gone, that remained my fave KO of the season despite how stacked Night 2 was.  I remember first KO night being pretty sleep besides Already Gone and Night 2 being insanely stacked.  Yea I remember Cam being the heavy favorite KO of Night 2 though his was behind a couple others like Rachel, Savanna, Zae, etc for me.

Edited by Anonnymoose

19 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I think it’s still the best performance from the show. 

• Like 1

Random thought, but I think S11 would've been a million times more interesting had everyone that got eliminated in the playoffs made it instead of those that actually did (with the exception of queen Sa'Rayah ofc). I would've loved a top 9 of

• Dana Harper
  • Jason Warrior
  • Sophia Urista
  • Belle Jewel
  • Simone Gundy
  • Riley Elmore
  • Kylie Rothfield
  • Josh Halverson
  • +Sa'Rayah

And then maybe bring back Michael Sanchez, Halle Tomlinson, and Whitney and Shannon and it would've been the perfect Top 12.🤩

I understand that a big criticism of him is that he didn't connect to songs emotionally, but I thought that Billy Gilman was a very consistent vocalist. I know y'all say that in s11 almost everyone was inconsistent/not great other than Sundance, but I thought that Billy was consistently on his A-game vocally (I watched through all but one or two of his performances yesterday). I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this (both agreeing and disagreeing opinions!), since I don't hear many people talking about Billy.

Also, does Billy classify himself as country or pop? I hear a twang in his voice, but he stuck to pop songs for the most part on the show. If he does classify as country, I think it was actually quite a smart move, as the big pop songs he did allowed him to show off his huge voice.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I understand that a big criticism of him is that he didn't connect to songs emotionally, but I thought that Billy Gilman was a very consistent vocalist. I know y'all say that in s11 almost everyone was inconsistent/not great other than Sundance, but I thought that Billy was consistently on his A-game vocally (I watched through all but one or two of his performances yesterday). I'm curious to hear y'all's thoughts on this (both agreeing and disagreeing opinions!), since I don't hear many people talking about Billy.

Also, does Billy classify himself as country or pop? I hear a twang in his voice, but he stuck to pop songs for the most part on the show. If he does classify as country, I think it was actually quite a smart move, as the big pop songs he did allowed him to show off his huge voice.

When he was a little kid, he was in the country music lane thru his song/album, "One Voice" but then he shifted to pop when he grew up since his voice also changed. I would say my favorite performances from him were his blind audition song, "When We Were Young" and his finale cover song, "My Way". Though he had some good performances, I don't necessarily consider him consistent during his run on the show.

I rooted for Sundance that season because of his consistency and his ability in giving country twists to songs popularized by the coaches (The Climb, and No One). His live performances were way better than his pre-taped round performances.

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Thanks 1