The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

22 minutes ago, season1 said:

Cam's "Wanted Dead or Alive" > Cam's "Stand Up"

I think Stand Up was better vocally, but I keep going back to Dead or Alive more. Apart from the fact that I love that song, it was a very refreshing performance coming from someone like Cam, who you wouldn`t really expect to cover Bon Jovi, especially on finale night.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mistake006 said:

Unpopular opinion:

Payton Lamar is super talented and had a great BA and should’ve made it further if she had a better song in the battles

Agreed! I loved her audition, it was one of my favorites that season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Katie > Jake > Rose > Ricky

Is this unpopular?

Putting Jake above Rose? Definitely unpopular here.

I think you couldn`t really go wrong with these four. I personally have Ricky and Katie (in that order) over Rose, but I liked her too. Jake is last but he had his great moments too.

Edited by Misirlou

On 5/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, TeamAudra said:

Corey ended up about where he thought he would....needing an instant save to get to the semi-finals. I was just on the fence as whether he would win that. He was more popular with the audience than I thought he would be. With the old format, he would have gotten the PO PV, and made it about as far as Hunter P. His genre and style are not popular enough with the audience to make it to the finale without some luck. I don’t think Micah would have made it without the new shitty format. 

Difference was Plake had a good shot at a win and was consistently a frontrunner before the semis while Corey was never gonna win and him making it to the finale was pretty up in the air from the beginning.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Anonnymoose said:

Difference was Plake had a good shot at a win and was consistently a frontrunner before the semis while Corey was never gonna win and him making it to the finale was pretty up in the air from the beginning.

The thing is, I was maintaining the social media thread that season, and Hunters numbers were rather poor in comparison to Lauren, Chris, Aliyah, Brennley and a couple others. I don’t think the audience was into him. I know most of IDF thought he was going to the finale despite the mediocre numbers. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The thing is, I was maintaining the social media thread that season, and Hunters numbers were rather poor in comparison to Lauren, Chris, Aliyah, Brennley and a couple others. I don’t think the audience was into him. I know most of IDF thought he was going to the finale despite the mediocre numbers. 

Oh I was mainly looking at this iTunes numbers, he had very high iTunes stats compared to the others that season.  Corey never really had that kind of popularity.

Just now, Anonnymoose said:

Oh I was mainly looking at this iTunes numbers, he had very high iTunes stats compared to the others that season.  Corey never really had that kind of popularity.

I don’t recall the iTunes. Maybe @Teraginn can recite the numbers. I was referring to Facebook, Twitter, Google Trends. Those can be deceiving, but he was consistently in the lower middle. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

How were Jesse Larson`s numbers? I remember everyone being very surprised he got into the finale. There`s another snowflake killer.

Edited by Misirlou

Just now, Misirlou said:

How were Jesse Larson`s numbers. I remember everyone being very surprised he got into the finale. There`s another snowflake killer.

Not very good, but didn’t he instant save his way in, like Laith?

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t recall the iTunes. Maybe @Teraginn can recite the numbers. I was referring to Facebook, Twitter, Google Trends. Those can be deceiving, but he was consistently in the lower middle. 

Yea I dont have them memorized but I remember seeing him and Lauren consistently beat out everyone else in the top 10-15 range while the others were pretty middle of the pack.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Not very good, but didn’t he instant save his way in, like Laith?

He did, but I remember everyone thinking he wasn`t even really that popular on twitter to win it. It was after he got the pimp spot and we learned about his song choice that IDF knew it was over.

Edited by Misirlou

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't remember the specifics, but he and Lauren are pretty much flip-flopping each week as the lead iTunes votegetters. IDF still put way too much value on iTunes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I don't remember the specifics, but he and Lauren are pretty much flip-flopping each week as the lead iTunes votegetters. IDF still put way too much value on iTunes.

Wasn't iTunes a lot more valuable then since it gave a 10x multiplier or something

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Actually I do remember the one week where Hunter was just above Lauren and got the bonus. Lauren lost the bonus at the last minute, and her haters had a good laugh from it. Chris Blue is one that didn’t do well on iTunes until the last two weeks. I think he got a bonus for his semifinal solo and duet, and two in the finale. But, Lauren had #1 in the semifinals and #1 and #2 in the finale, and it didn’t matter. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, Anonnymoose said:

Wasn't iTunes a lot more valuable then since it gave a 10x multiplier or something

Yeah, but Lauren had at least a 500K vote lead from iTunes bonuses and still lost. 

1 minute ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Unpopular opinion but I loved Chelle from Season 18 and I thought her tone was awesome and could’ve made it way farther then Anaya tbh. She could’ve got a better battle song 

I agree. I loved her. ✨ 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anonnymoose said:

Yes, but after Season 9 it started declining in power. We're already seeing discrepancies in the results and iTunes placements in S10, and it got worse from there.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:30 AM, Bk1234 said:

Both are great, but Rachel’s performance of “The Chain” > her performance of “I Hope You Dance”

100%! I thought "The Chain" was one of the best performances of the night :wub:

On 5/27/2021 at 3:32 AM, colemanftw said:

Corey was overhyped as hell here. His prelives were good but he flopped hard in the lives

I think I somewhat agree. His pre-lives + T17 (for the most part) were top-notch, but his T9 was iffy, and the high notes on his T9 IS were not good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mistake006 said:

Unpopular opinion:

Payton Lamar is super talented and had a great BA and should’ve made it further if she had a better song in the battles

YES! Payton has such a great tone imo and tons of power and range! I think if she had a coach who could help her reel it in as necessary and keep her performances controlled, she could/should have moved on past the battles.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aside from a few shaky notes from Raine, I don't really know what was that bad about "Adore You"? I know the song choice was pretty ill-fitting, but I thought Gihanna/Halley was worse.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3