The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Posted (edited)

I probably have said this before, but Cami’s “The Joke” wasn’t nearly as bad as y’all say. It had that one off moment in the head voice note towards the end but she didn’t “flop”. Was it as strong as “Never Tear Us Apart” or “when the party’s over”? No, but there were multiple worse individual performances that night and it gets described as “terrible” which isn’t the case imo

Same with Desz’s POs performance....I’m trying to find where it was underwhelming. Might be taste, but it was by no means weak, compared to the night we had. It was up there under Cami, Chloe and Tamara. 

Another unpopular one, Payge had one of the most interesting POs for me. It wasn’t nearly as vocally strong as her previous performances but based on my taste and how she flipped the song, I was hoping she’d go through.

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 7

53 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Same with Desz’s POs performance....I’m trying to find where it was underwhelming.

Another unpopular one, Payge had one of the most interesting POs for me.

Cami’s “The Joke” wasn’t nearly as bad as y’all say.

Yes, yes, and yes! People constantly say DeSz's PO performance isn't good but in reality it was very good? Payge wasn't technically 100%, but she had a very interesting performance and I love how she flipped it. Also, Cami's T9 was her weakest showing but it was still pretty good. I think everyone just had high expectations of her tbh. It's a tough tough song and she did well knowing that.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yes, yes, and yes! People constantly say DeSz's PO performance isn't good but in reality it was very good? Payge wasn't technically 100%, but she had a very interesting performance and I love how she flipped it. Also, Cami's T9 was her weakest showing but it was still pretty good. I think everyone just had high expectations of her tbh. It's a tough tough song and she did well knowing that.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

32 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Corey's Top 9 performance has the same energy as Noah Mac's River performance..... But Corey survived it better than Noah.

15 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Victor last week >>>>> Victor tonight

Agree on both points here.

Adding my own here (potentially unpopular): though neither were at their best, Jordan > Kenzie for me tonight based on their live performances.

45 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Victor last week >>>>> Victor tonight

Is that unpopular? All his other performances >> tonight. I thought it was messy. I've been hearing about how the producers aren't letting him have a moment this season and they should let him do gospel all season because it's in his wheelhouse and it was extremely underwhelming. Off-key in parts. He seemed and sounded more comfortable doing the uptempo music tbh.

It might have been the song as well. Victor's voice is too gritty for that particular song. He was better off singing something like Break Every Chain or Take Me to the King. Him trying to gospel-up I can only imagine just didn't work. It is a song that needs to be song as is in my opinion. I think Davon might still have the best cover of that song imo. 

• Like 1

I much prefer Jake's tone and style to Kenzie's. I don't mind that Jake doesn't have a huge range because I think he sounds VERY good in the limited range in which he stays. Plus, his vocal power is amazing, and I definitely prefer his tone to Kenzie's. His duet with Kelly that he did last night is SO good!

And, of course, this post isn't to hate on Kenzie, I think he's very talented. Another (potentially?) unpopular opinion on this topic is that Kenzie's Knockout is far better than any of this other performances on the show to me.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I much prefer Jake's tone and style to Kenzie's. I don't mind that Jake doesn't have a huge range because I think he sounds VERY good in the limited range in which he stays. Plus, his vocal power is amazing, and I definitely prefer his tone to Kenzie's. His duet with Kelly that he did last night is SO good!

And, of course, this post isn't to hate on Kenzie, I think he's very talented. Another (potentially?) unpopular opinion on this topic is that Kenzie's Knockout is far better than any of this other performances on the show to me.

Agree on both. I do think the 2nd one is a pretty popular opinion though? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I see where you`re coming from. I prefer Kenzie to Jake as a whole, I think he`s a much better technical singer, but Kenzie hasn`t given us a "Cover Me Up" moment yet. That`s the only thing I would nitpick. 

As for the second one, I think it indeed  his KO is regarded as his best showing. His battle follows after that. Luckily he`s gonna sing uptempo next week, because it seems like he feels more comfortable with those type of songs on the show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I see where you`re coming from. I prefer Kenzie to Jake as a whole, I think he`s a much better technical singer, but Kenzie hasn`t given us a "Cover Me Up" moment yet. That`s the only thing I would nitpick. 

As for the second one, I think it indeed  his KO is regarded as his best showing. His battle follows after that. Luckily he`s gonna sing uptempo next week, because it seems like he feels more comfortable with those type of songs on the show.

Yeah, Cover Me Up and Desperado were Moments™️. I think Kenzie's KO was very good, but it's hard to have a moment when you're singing a song like that.

And, yeah, I think he'll do well in the finale. Not only will minivan eat up his ballad, but also he'll surely give a good performance on the upbeat.

Kenzie's SF performance was Excellent and much better than Cody. Also, in his entire run I have heard pitch issues only in one performance and even that was just on two or three spots and that was only because HSLHT demands a very strong lower register. His BA and PO were a bit of underwhelming but his pitch was still spot on. Cam is better than him and deserves the win but Kenzie is an amazing singer in his own way and easily one of the best country vocalist ever.

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

"God Bless The USA" isn't the worst Gyth performance. "Once In A Blue Moon" (his finale cover) is. Not only did it go nowhere, it was even messier pitch-wise than GBTU imo.

As soon as I read "GBTUSA isn't" I thought the next words are going to be "as bad as people think". 😂

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

As soon as I read "GBTUSA isn't" I thought the next words are going to be "as bad as people think". 😂

Well, I myself didn't think it was a big trainwreck, but I didn't think it was good either. So in a way, you're right?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Chile imma pretend I can’t see 

Don't worry I became a fan of Maelyn when she nailed her Cross Battle performance. That was when she became a favorite of mine and she deservingly won that season. 

That is why this thread is for the unpopular opinions though. 

Edited by Dalton Eduardo
  • Like 1

Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

Don't worry I became a fan of Maelyn when she nailed her Cross Battle performance. That was when she became a favorite of mine and she deservingly won that season. 

That is why this thread is for the unpopular opinions though. 

Yes! Lmao I was just kidding but I can’t say I didn’t enjoy Gyth’s blind👀...it was solid tbh. After that well, let’s just say he wasn’t my (and many others’) cup of tea lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I liked Gyth more than Maelyn during the pre-taped rounds especially his blind audition. But then, I kinda lost interest in him when he flopped during the live shows. 

I thought his blind was very good! His battle was great too, but I preferred Rod's tone. 

• Like 1