The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

- I liked Pia's PO performance more than Cam's.

- Jose has one of the best voices in the competition, he just didn't get the chance to utilize it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Jose was decent all things considered, and considering I was expecting the spot to go to Andrew or Devan (since Jose's KO was montaged, which generally hasn't been the best sign for artists on the show) I was surprised he made it into the Wildcard. Stevie is tricky at best (Superstition especially so), so making it through in one piece is commendable.

The thing is, Jose has an amazing voice, and his covers on his YouTube channel are fantastic.  But you know producers.  They'd clearly decided, at some point, to focus on Dana and Rachel as Nick's top two and treated them accordingly, with song choices that better fit them compared to Jose, Andrew, and Devan.  I'm sure the guys are all gifted singers.  But the producers have their faves as much as the coaches do.  So knowing all of that, Jose was screwed.

Listening to Ryleigh's IS again, I also feel she gave (one of) the most emotionally connected performances of the season - perhaps even more so than Anna and Pia's KOs, for me. This is probably more of a personal thing, but she took me on an emotional journey with her voice. Unlike even Pia and Anna's KOs - in which I could tell they were emotional - I could actually feel the emotion when Ryleigh was singing. It unfortunately adds to it that she didn't make it through, as well. 

That being said, Ryleigh, like many other T17 eliminees, is going to go on to do incredible things, I'm sure.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, British Man said:

- I liked Pia's PO performance more than Cam's.

- Jose has one of the best voices in the competition, he just didn't get the chance to utilize it.

He has an excellent voice. I loved his blind and battle, and I thought his PO was good. His IS performance was good as well, though I think the runs were a tad overdone, there. 

11 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Cam's PO > Cam's BA

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Cam's PO > Cam's BA

Wait these aren't popular? I thought everyone loved his PO much more than his BA. If it was PO > KO or KO > PO then I could see that. But BA was probably his weakest performance, just because his KO and PO brought up to new levels for Cam.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Wait these aren't popular? I thought everyone loved his PO much more than his BA. If it was PO > KO or KO > PO then I could see that. But BA was probably his weakest performance, just because his KO and PO brought up to new levels for Cam.

I did say PO > KO lol, i just put my whole ranking there anyway

Edited by QueenCami

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I did say PO > KO lol, i just put my whole ranking there anyway

Crap nvm, lmao. I read way too fast.

Also with Ryleigh. Her IS was her weakest performance, even her Blind was better. However I also believe her KO > Corey's.(But I guess that's just me)

Yall know I like Gihanna and Corey, but I believe Anna and Ryleigh outsold them in the KO's. However don't think I'm salty that they moved on, they did good in the PO's and Corey was about equal to Ryleigh in the IS. No bad advancement there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Crap nvm, lmao. I read way too fast.

Also with Ryleigh. Her IS was her weakest performance, even her Blind was better. However I also believe her KO > Corey's.(But I guess that's just me)

Yall know I like Gihanna and Corey, but I believe Anna and Ryleigh outsold them in the KO's. However don't think I'm salty that they moved on, they did good in the PO's and Corey was about equal to Ryleigh in the IS. No bad advancement there.

i agree with like half of this, i think anna's ko > gihanna's ko even though gihanna's my fave of the season. however, i think that corey's ko > ryleigh's ko and also that ryleigh's IS was her strongest performance (and her blind was her weakest), imo. 

5 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I put that here because I haven't seen much talk abiut his PO performance. Everyone talked about Dana, Jordan, Corey...

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

I put that here because I haven't seen much talk abiut his PO performance. Everyone talked about Dana, Jordan, Corey...

Also, at the start I thought Matt > Cam. But now I think Cam > Matt. Cam was pitch perfect in his performance. I loved Matt's version just as much as Cam's but Cam was just technically better.

10 hours ago, pauwis said:

Bailey>Sid
Bailey>>>Lauren

I loooove Lauren (she may have been my snowflake if she advanced), but I think Bailey fairly beat her in the knockouts, looking back.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Given how IDF generally likes Team Waffle more, I think this belongs here: After several rewatches of both, I liked Jose’s Instant Save more than Ryleigh’s.

Is Corey's still your favorite?

I`m actually starting to like Ben Allen`s version of Red Dirt Road better than Kenzie`s. I think Kenzie sung it better, but as I rewatched it, it felt a bit too calculated. Ben felt more at ease.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yo Victor's PO performance was really good. I think the audio has been slightly fixed on YT, and now that I can hear him clearly, it's clear why he got a standing ovation. It was near flawless.

Edit: Still not my fav of the night, but he deserves way more credit than what he got on IDF.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 5

Don`t know if this is unpopular or not, but this is probably the most refreshing audition we`ve had in recent seasons. I`m not a fan of the original, yet I love this. That should tell you everything. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Don`t know if this is unpopular or not, but this is probably the most refreshing audition we`ve had in recent seasons. I`m not a fan of the original, yet I love this. That should tell you everything. 

One of my favorite audition of Season 19:wub:. I also loved his battle with Cami despite everyone complaining about the arrangement 

Edited by Gustavo527

23 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

One of my favorite audition of Season 19:wub:. I also loved his battle with Cami despite everyone complaining about the arrangement 

My big beef with that battle was with neither of them getting much chance to shine individually, but those harmonies were stunning.

Also, had he not been at the end of the last taping, I definitely think James could've gotten at least one of Gwen and Kelly to turn for him (probably not both, but he definitely deserved at least a second turn).

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

My big beef with that battle was with neither of them getting much chance to shine individually, but those harmonies were stunning.

Yup, exactly. They both have nice tones and they blended well, but I wish I got to hear more Cami and more James.