The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I think Cam, Savanna and Zae all have great voices, but I honestly can't find myself re-watching their performances. They're good, but there's nothing bringing me back. When I think "what performance should I listen to again?" I never choose those 3

7 minutes ago, British Man said:

I think Cam, Savanna and Zae all have great voices, but I honestly can't find myself re-watching their performances. They're good, but there's nothing bringing me back. When I think "what performance should I listen to again?" I never choose those 3

Agree with this one. I think he stepped it from his battle and it was a well deserved steal, but haven´t been compelled to listen to his (or Rachel´s) performance again. And I have a quite a few of the KOs on repeat. This round has been that good.

12 hours ago, Cranberrys said:

If you're a John Legend fan this is an unpopular opinion.  I really dislike John's arrangement and performance style.  He's bombastic, showy, and cheesy.  Go watch this CHEESY arrangement & performance of Bridge Over Troubled Water.  Everything he does is cheesy.  

It's a horrible arrangement & cheesy performance of a great classic song.  John can sing well but he doesn't emote well.  He projects false emotion that turns into cheese.  I think John got extremely lucky very early in his career.  He was in the right place at the right time and the dearth of african-american singers when he hit the scene propped him up.  His poor interpretation of classic songs is a hallmark of his cheesy nature.

The era of inclusivity pushed boring John Stephens (he changed his name to Legend because he knew he was boring) further than his talent deserved.  

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

On 4/27/2021 at 6:11 AM, sneaky said:

Just out of curiosity do you feel the same about this performance? Many people consider it to be one of the best singing competition performances in history but it is also cheesy and does not have genuine emotion

The answer is an emphatic YES.  No one is cheesier than Clay Aiken.  This is not a road I wish to travel.  It is boobie-trapped with Cootie bombs.

Edited by Cranberrys
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2021 at 2:21 PM, Misirlou said:

Agree with this one. I think he stepped it from his battle and it was a well deserved steal, but haven´t been compelled to listen to his (or Rachel´s) performance again. And I have a quite a few of the KOs on repeat. This round has been that good.

Interesting, Rachel and Zae are a few of the KOs I repeat the most.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Interesting, Rachel and Zae are a few of the KOs I repeat the most.

Same.

The three KOs that I repeat the most are Rachel, Zae, and Cam.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

I can sense the hate comments already but I wasn't a fan of Anna and Ainae's battle. Ainae was fine, but didn't really have any moments to shine. It felt like Anna on the other hand made every damn note into a run or uncomfortable modulation (especially after the first 30 seconds) and it felt really immature. I was really disappointed since the song is perfect for battles (see Jess Kellner vs. Taylor Beckham) or performances on this show in general (see Loren), but I don't think either of the two are mature enough singers to take on an Amy song like that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wordemergency said:

I can sense the hate comments already but I wasn't a fan of Anna and Ainae's battle. Ainae was fine, but didn't really have any moments to shine. It felt like Anna on the other hand made every damn note into a run or uncomfortable modulation (especially after the first 30 seconds) and it felt really immature. I was really disappointed since the song is perfect for battles (see Jess Kellner vs. Taylor Beckham) or performances on this show in general (see Loren), but I don't think either of the two are mature enough singers to take on an Amy song like that. 

It had very mixed reception on IDF so I don't think you'll get any flack for that opinion.

2 hours ago, wordemergency said:

Pretty sure this was the consensus, actually. Granted, I believe more people on IDF sided with Anna Grace, but a lot felt Ainae should've been stolen (and she technically was lol).

I do agree with what you said though. Ainae was more steady and delivered an adequate performance that I felt deserved the win, while Anna struggled with this being the wrong song for her voice. Thankfully she found her correct sound in KO's, but yeah this battle was a hard one to enjoy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Rachel Mac fairly won the knockout and it had nothing to do with being the underdog.

She fairly won that....but I don't think that's unpop.

Here's my unpop opinion. Some people might kill me but,

"Rachel is the best female contestant this season(for me)".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't know, some people seem to think that Nick lost his mind for dropping Zae, but imo it's been a couple rounds where she did better than him.

Now the second part I'll have to disagree lmao but no offense to her I just think the female cast this season is really strong

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Gihanna, Dana, Zania are all better than her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Now the second part I'll have to disagree lmao but no offense to her I just think the female cast this season is really strong

2 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Tyo.

For me it's Rachel.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

To you, maybe (I had to fight the urge to include that gif). But, it's an opinion and you're phrasing this as if it's a fact (in response to someone else's opinion).

1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

Rachel Mac fairly won the knockout and it had nothing to do with being the underdog.

Ooh, at first I would have agreed, but upon relistening I think it was pretty much dead even for me. They both gave excellent performances. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Ooh, at first I would have agreed, but upon relistening I think it was pretty much dead even for me. They both gave excellent performances. 

Yeah, It was equal for me. Both deserved to move on.

Is it unpopular to say I think D.R. beat Jackie in their battle? His insanely strong falsetto did it for me. I found that more impressive than what Jackie did. (But I did like the rest of Jackie's run way better than his so...)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Is it unpopular to say I think D.R. beat Jackie in their battle? His insanely strong falsetto did it for me. I found that more impressive than what Jackie did. (But I did like the rest of Jackie's run way better than his so...)

He won for me too.