The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

Maelyn was stellar on the show, but her post-show efforts leave much to be desired. 

That is how you do it. And I’m actually being serious. We all know how difficult it is for them to gain traction. Fans want to see effort. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maelyn was stellar on the show, but her post-show efforts leave much to be desired. 

That is how you do it. And I’m actually being serious. We all know how difficult it is for them to gain traction. Fans want to see effort. 

That's not how you do it because it's true and it's a relatively fair assessment lol 😂

Edited by disney1024
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

That's not how you do it because it's true and it's a relatively fair assessment lol 😂

I only post truths, even though saying it out loud my prove to be unpopular. 😉

I want to hear new music from her as much as anyone else. Or, at least some covers or something. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
On 4/2/2021 at 8:21 AM, AliXRose said:

"Maelyn Jarmon is the most overrated contestant in The Voice history"

That's how you break such a record :haha:

just joking GIF

Basketball Wives Fighting GIF by VH1

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I want to hear new music from her as much as anyone else. Or, at least some covers or something. 

Exactly. If Chevel can be successful with her weekly covers, I don’t see why Maelyn, who delivered flawless vocals every week on the show, can’t either.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I only post truths, even though saying it out loud my prove to be unpopular. 😉

Out of the most recent winners (not counting Carter because he just won on December) she is the only one that haven't released any original music. Brynn, Chevel, Jake and Todd all are pretty active with their music careers; in comparison, she is falling behind, sadly.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5
8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Out of the most recent winners (not counting Carter because he just won on December) she is the only one that haven't released any original music. Brynn, Chevel, Jake and Todd all are pretty active with their music careers; in comparison, she is falling behind, sadly.

I am sensitive to the fact that the past year has been very difficult for everyone in the industry, and that the label deal didn’t work out for her. However, there are numerous ways to keep fans engaged under any circumstances. I do hope she’s OK.  

• Like 7
19 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Exactly. If Chevel can be successful with her weekly covers, I don’t see why Maelyn, who delivered flawless vocals every week on the show, can’t either.

She said she was going to post covers on TikTok, but only did one, and that was almost a month ago. I think she would kill it on there. She just needs to post lots of them. Some will stick, some won’t. 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I am sensitive to the fact that the past year has been very difficult for everyone in the industry, and that the label deal didn’t work out for her. However, there are numerous ways to keep fans engaged under any circumstances. I do hope she’s OK.  

I'm happy to give her the benefit of the doubt because of what you mentioned here. Not only is the pandemic making performers/singers jobs' more difficult, but also it's taken a massive toll on people's mental health! I hope she's doing well too, and I hope that she is able to rebound after the pandemic.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm happy to give her the benefit of the doubt because of what you mentioned here. Not only is the pandemic making performers/singers jobs' more difficult, but also it's taken a massive toll on people's mental health! I hope she's doing well too, and I hope that she is able to rebound after the pandemic.

Yes. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Sounds like she might be more active musically this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzDlJGDqiz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

For those not on IG, here's what she wrote: "Even before the pandemic, I felt like I had lost a lot of control in my life. I’m taking it back this year."

Edited by disney1024
  • Thanks 4
2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Sounds like she might be more active musically this year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJzDlJGDqiz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

For those not on IG, here's what she wrote: "Even before the pandemic, I felt like I had lost a lot of control in my life. I’m taking it back this year."

Yeah, back on January 8th. I hope that will be the case. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, disney1024 said:

No, this is how:

GYTH RIGDON WAS ROBBED OF WINNING S16!!! MAELYN CAN'T SING TO SAVE HER LIFE!!! 😡

:argh::dead:

Reveal hidden contents

just joking GIF

Ok, you win

• Haha 1

I remember being so disappointed in Kenzie when his audition aired but now after a few more listens I actually ended up liking it and it's growing on me more and more.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
12 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I preferred Aaron in his battle against Connor. I didn't like the battle at first but it's growing on me a bit. 

I literally just came here to comment this lol. Before the battle I was really expecting to like Connor more, but after a few more listens I preferred Aaron and it’s not even close.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I literally just came here to comment this lol. Before the battle I was really expecting to like Connor more, but after a few more listens I preferred Aaron and it’s not even close.

Yeah, for me it's a little closer cause I like what Connor did on that one line with his vibrato, but I prefer Aaron's tone.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I remember being so disappointed in Kenzie when his audition aired but now after a few more listens I actually ended up liking it and it's growing on me more and more.

omg same! I listen to it everyday now but when he aired I was like..."That's it....?

• Like 1

I don’t think Casme vs. Rio was that equal, I though she completely overshadowed him and it’s not only about stage presence. When they were singing together, the rasp in her voice overpowered him and  all you can hear is her. He’s very talented though.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same with Zania and Durell

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

I don’t think Casme vs. Rio was that equal, I though she completely overshadowed him and it’s not only about stage presence. When they were singing together, the rasp in her voice overpowered him and  all you can hear is her. He’s very talented though.

Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same with Zania and Durell

Yep Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

1 hour ago, Angeles said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I would love to see "Coach Comebacks" return. 

I didn't watch the season when it was there live, but I like Coach Comebacks in concept. If they pick contestants well, then I would love to see it too! There are some people who get out in the blinds/battles/KOs each season who I think should have moved on.

4 hours ago, Angeles said:

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I would love to see "Coach Comebacks" return. 

No thanks, because of that, we had to endure five more weeks of Nick Hagelin when he was already eliminated in the Knockouts. I would dare to say that even the Comeback Stage was more useful .

The only good thing the Coach Comeback did was letting us listen Karli Webster one more time, other than that, meh 

Just like i said with the Cross Battles, the Coach Comeback a was an interesting idea in teory, but a completely fail in the practice

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3
21 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

No thanks, because of that, we had to endure five more weeks of Nick Hagelin when he was already eliminated in the Knockouts. I would dare to say that even the Comeback Stage was more useful .

The only good thing the Coach Comeback did was letting us listen Karli Webster one more time, other than that, meh 

Just like i said with the Cross Battles, the Coach Comeback a was an interesting idea in teory, but a completely fail in the practice

oh LMAO i misread it as the comeback stage oops, thanks for pointing that out LOL

• Haha 6