The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I was a huge fan, but his fanbase kind of turned me off a little. :/ 

That's not his fault, though.  Ryan himself has been nothing but humble.  I'm not going to be turned off to him just because of what a few obviously "thirsty" fans are saying.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

42 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

it sucks honesty cause he's a good singer (not my type though), but a lot of his fanbase is just thirsting after him. it must get annoying fast, when you just want to be a successful musician (though that can be disputed, perhaps his goal is to be reality star LMAO)

i’m not even part of his fanbase and i’m thirsting after him, i just continuously watch his performances on YouTube with the volume muted😍 (this is a joke y’all please don’t cancel me)

• Haha 11
1 minute ago, Rodney said:

That's not his fault, though.  Ryan himself has been nothing but humble.  I'm not going to be turned off to him just because of what a few obviously "thirsty" fans are saying.

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

• Haha 12
10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I still LIKE him, but I can’t help but be a little turned off by this fanbase. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Bailey was better than everyone tonight excluding Desz and Carter.

I agree with this.  She wasn't mind-blowing, by any means.  She was pleasant, but a tad dull.

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

ooh! i agree with this. i LOVED her flips into her head voice, and it was really smooth. the only person i put above her was carter.

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

I'll say this: she's an extremely talented vocalist who is getting overshadowed by the others for some reason. If you listen closely, she pulls off so many complex and difficult tricks with her voice. Something about her isn't clicking with the audience (she has the lowest views on YouTube, and the second lowest like/dislike ratio for solo performances).

I preferred Desz, Carter, and Jim over her last night, and I thought she was approximately tied with Ian, who, granted, got a really flattering song choice. She did very well last night.

Now for my unpopular opinions:

• I prefer Desz over Cami, I always have and always will, and I hope Desz wins the public vote tonight.
  • I prefer Jim over Ian; even though I think Ian has gotten significantly better and more flattering song choices, Jim vocally blows him out of the water.
  • I really want to connect with Carter, but all I hear when he sings is an exceptionally talented kid. That's it. I don't connect with his performances at all. I can't get into him as much as I can get into people like Desz, Cami, and (on her better nights) Tamara.
  • Like 3

Julia has the best audition this season. I think the amount of times i've watched it is in the triple digits. I even listen to her KO performance way more than other performances this season. 

Not to be that person, but I would've taken her over Cami. She had a lot of potential. One of the coaches could've dragged her to at least the blood bath. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Julia has the best audition this season. I think the amount of times i've watched it is in the triple digits. I even listen to her KO performance way more than other performances this season. 

Not to be that person, but I would've taken her over Cami. She had a lot of potential. One of the coaches could've dragged her to at least the blood bath. 

Julia's audition was my favorite this season too! It has so much replay value and I like her version way better than the original. She gave that song new life! I'm actually more interested in her than Cami because she felt fresher and more unique.

Don't agree on the KO though. Wasn't a huge fan of that one. Cami's KO was better. 

• Like 1

Carter has a great voice but he honestly acts young for his age. Part of that may be his voice not changing but when i'v heard him speak in a couple interviews off show and it seems like his answers are crafted by somebody else. He doesn't seem like a normal teenager but its hard to explain

2 hours ago, joe14 said:

Something I loved about Julia is that, unlike most indie girls on the show, her quirkiness felt natural and fresh, and didn’t feel forced or overbearing (like Darby or Celia)

• Like 3
11 hours ago, joe14 said:

ooh, this put me in a tough spot. i LOVE cami so much, but julia's audition and KO killed it too... i honestly don't know who i'd prefer. they're probably equal in my book. 

that being said, i don't think john would have taken her to the bloodbath, he'd surely take tamara over her, and i think bailey would have beaten her in votes to get into the IS. despite how talented she is, she's not the kind of person to get votes on this show imo

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

despite how talented she is, she's not the kind of person to get votes on this show imo

Cami's not that kind either. I don't think she was getting more votes than Julia would have, but the coaches and Kelly in particular adored her and carried her to the semis. Realistically, in a longer season she's the first or second one out (someone asked this in her thread).

1 minute ago, Shere Khan said:

Cami's not that kind either. I don't think she was getting more votes than Julia would have, but the coaches and Kelly in particular adored her and carried her to the semis. Realistically, in a longer season she's the first or second one out (someone asked this in her thread).

honestly? i think she would have gotten more votes than julia. if we are looking at a "who's the most indie scale" it's maelyn -> cami ->->-> julia. cami was closer to pop, which is something that's more accepted by the viewers, so i think she might have done better. i'm not saying this because of bias - i actually love julia and cami equally - but i think that julia being more indie would have hurt her chances on the show.

• Like 1

Well we'll never know. I agree with the indie scale thing and the line of viewer acceptance/tolerance is clearly somewhere between Maelyn and Cami. And of course Maelyn was flawless in all her live performances, but I don't think that matters apparently

Edited by Shere Khan
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Well we'll never know. I agree with the indie scale thing and the line of viewer acceptance/tolerance is clearly somewhere between Maelyn and Cami. And of course Maelyn was flawless in all her live performances, but I don't think it matters a lot apparently

In Maelyn’s case, I think it mattered a lot, specially on the season she was on. She was the only one who could sing live consistently well and that’s what gave her the win imo

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Exactly. Tamara, Cami, Ben all had to saved every step of the way. I would not have minded if that happened to Julia. Julia is way more interesting than the entire top 8 (and maybe even the entire top 17). I rarely make strong statements like this. She has the stage presence, the look, she's fresh, she's current. But yeah, contestants like her are not meant for this show. 

• Like 3