Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Ben deserved Gwen's save.

I wouldn't go that far...but Paige didn't convince me she deserved it over him. I'm meh on that decision. Paige has been overrated to me the entire season

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

3 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I wouldn't go that far...but Paige didn't convince me she deserved it over him. I'm meh on that decision. Paige has been overrated to me the entire season

I disagree. She killed her first 3 performances. I thought she was a little off last night but showed artistry. I would have been mad at Gwen´s decision to pick Ben had he not sang like he did last night. That was beautiful, and he did outsing Payge in this particular performance. Still, didn´t expect Gwen to ditch her given their apparent connection. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 3:05 PM, VoiceFan! said:

Kim Cherry is one of the worst Semifinalists of the show

 

Is that an unpopular opinion? I got so sick of her cheesy rapping and her weak flow.

 

As for my unpopular opinions...

  • I feel the same way about Carter that a lot of IDF feels about Jordan Smith: extremely good vocalist, and I respect him a lot. But I don't feel ANY sort of way about him. I don't root for or against him. I just feel near-total ambivalence.
  • Ben is not bad at all.
  • Ian and Ben had two of the best Top 17 performances last night.
  • (I think this one is starting to become unpopular) In terms of powerhouse vocalists left, I still prefer Desz over Tamara. I just love Desz's tone. It's so warm and dark and smooth. Tamara's tone is much brighter; she has a great voice, but Desz is my girl. I think they're both phenomenal, though.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

If one country female had to go through, I’m glad it was Bailey. I thought she was way better than both WTW and Taryn in both nights. Not a fan of her in the slightest (I find her really uninteresting) but she deserved her spot.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misirlou said:

I disagree. She killed her first 3 performances. I thought she was a little off last night but showed artistry. I would have been mad at Gwen´s decision to pick Ben had he not sang like he did last night. That was beautiful, and he did outsing Payge in this particular performance. Still, didn´t expect Gwen to ditch her given their apparent connection. 

I had no problems with her first three performances, but she has never wowed me to the extent she seems to have others on IDF. Trust me, she is usually the type of contestant i gravitate towards, but I could take her or leave her.

 

I will say she is very different from the "AA diva" archetype that this board seems to loathe so that might be why everyone loves her and I'm just indifferent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daillon said:


It was a dumb move because he would have won the WC, but Ben had the best performance from Gwen’s team (Payge was a close second tho) so I have to agree.

I'm honestly not certain about that. Plus, having more artists is not necessarily advantageous.

1. Ben will attract more votes than Payge, so he will win in the IS when it comes down to it anyway.

2. If Gwen picks Payge over Ben, then Gwen will become less popular (given that she was more popular among Minivan after stealing Ben), making it harder for her to secure the win with Carter and make the finale with Ben - even if slightly.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Carter doesn't do anything for me. He's not good at conveying emotions and I don't see the artistic quality in his performances.

Obviously a talented vocalist but he'll win because he's an adorable 15 yo boy.

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shere Khan said:

Carter doesn't do anything for me. He's not good at conveying emotions and I don't see the artistic quality in his performances.

Obviously a talented vocalist but he'll win because he's an adorable 15 yo boy.

 

He killed his KO performance in my opinion. However, his PO song was way too big for him -- his lack of artistic quality (imo) was shown in that performance. And he is one of my favorites to win this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I realize it and watch the performances, as much as I love Payge´s artistry, she was outsung by both Ben and Bailey. I don´t see how she would have moved on with someone doing better than her in both rounds. 

 

Either way, she has a bigger chance at a career in music than them so, I wish her the best and I´m hoping to get new music from her.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

He killed his KO performance in my opinion. However, his PO song was way too big for him -- his lack of artistic quality (imo) was shown in that performance. And he is one of my favorites to win this season.

This. I mean he was singing a Mariah Carey song so it was to be expected. He killed all of his performances except for Hero but that wasn't bad either. He just couldn't emote well in that performance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

James David Carter's Audition aka Nobody Knows is the best Country Audition of all time.

 

 


If we’re strictly speaking of country, I’d definitely put it at or near the top. Mary Sarah’s and Lauren Duski’s were very strong, as well. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:


If we’re strictly speaking of country, I’d definitely put it up at or near the top. Mary Sarah’s and Lauren Duski’s were very strong, as well. 

I forgot about them. I didn't pay much attention to them as the season was airing on because of Chris B, Alisan/Adam.

 

I think a better claim for me could've been "James's Audition is My Favorite country audition of all time". 

 

Oh btw another unpopular opinion. JDC VS CWB(Wave On Wave) is My Favorite country battle of all time.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If we’re strictly speaking of country, I’d definitely put it at or near the top. Mary Sarah’s and Lauren Duski’s were very strong, as well. 

I didn't know that Connie Francis counted as country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If we’re strictly speaking of country, I’d definitely put it at or near the top. Mary Sarah’s and Lauren Duski’s were very strong, as well. 

 

Approved. And those 3 were the best country artists in the show's history, at least for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Ryan Gallagher has one of the worst fanbases in Voice contestant history (and no, I’m not referring to the ones on this site.)

it sucks honesty cause he's a good singer (not my type though), but a lot of his fanbase is just thirsting after him. it must get annoying fast, when you just want to be a successful musician (though that can be disputed, perhaps his goal is to be reality star LMAO)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

it sucks honesty cause he's a good singer (not my type though), but a lot of his fanbase is just thirsting after him. it must get annoying fast, when you just want to be a successful musician (though that can be disputed, perhaps his goal is to be reality star LMAO)

Yeah, I was a huge fan, but his fanbase kind of turned me off a little. :/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...