The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Agreed. LB smoked Jej in my opinion, either way he eventually ended ahead of Jej by getting more votes than him in the Top 13, getting the chance to sing for the IS while Jej went home inmediately.

That being said, after "Wade in the Water", LB went downhill massively as well.

i agree with both of these! i am still sad that mari didn't move on past kim in the IS (or even LB). she was probably my favorite other than maelyn.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Kim Cherry is one of the worst Semifinalists of the show

I liked her battle and T8 performance, but yeah, other than that, she wasn´t good. Wouldn´t call her one of the worst though, there have been many worse.

11 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think Tamara is REALLY disliked on IDF. Her KO > Desz's KO, even though I prefer Desz way more.

Fixed that for you 

The thing with Tamara is that, both her and, to a lesser extent, John H, were highly hyped when the spoilers from Season 19 came out. People expected a lot from both of them based on what they saw on YouTube/Instagram. But when they actually heard both of them of stage, they ended being dissapointed because both Tamara and John H. (especially Tamara) didn't lived it up to their high expectations. If you don't believe me, just take a look of the Youtube's comment sections from their auditions and Knockouts. As you could see, they both are really liked there, because the fans from YouTube didn't have expectations from them before the season started, so they easily got blown away by them.

Here is my unpopular opinion: i think Team Legend is really strong. Of course, it's not a team that could get the votes, but it's a pretty solid team, especially in comparison with his tragic team from last season.

Edited by Gustavo527
10 hours ago, DETIED said:

Jeffery Austin >> Jordan Smith

This isn't unpopular here lol.

This is my unpopular opinion.

Jordan >>>>>>>>>>> Madi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jeffery.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Fixed that for you 

The thing with Tamara is that, both her and, to a lesser extent, John H, were highly hyped when the spoilers from Season 19 came out. People expected a lot from both of them based on what they saw on YouTube/Instagram. But when they actually heard both of them of stage, they ended being dissapointed because both Tamara and John H. (especially Tamara) didn't lived it up to their high expectations. If you don't believe me, just take a look of the Youtube's comment sections from their auditions and Knockouts. As you could see, they both are really liked there, because the fans from YouTube didn't have expectations from them before the season started, so they easily got blown away by them.

Here is my unpopular opinion: i think Team Legend is really strong. Of course, it's not a team that could get the votes, but it's a pretty solid team, especially in comparison with his tragic team from last season.

i am going to respectfully disagree. i think that tamara is disliked on here because people have come to assume that any black lady (sorry to say this, but especially bigger ones) is a diva, like kyla, kymberli, and rose. since she doesn't appear to be like them, i don't think that she's very liked. however, i would also say that her breath control has been less than adequate, leading to more pitchy and less polished performances. 

regarding john, a lot of people don't like his tone. his performances have been pretty impressive vocally (although personally i took issue with some of his notes on all by myself), so the issue stems more from a dislike of his tone on here, i think.

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 3
9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i am going to respectfully disagree. i think that tamara is disliked on here because people have come to assume that any black lady (sorry to say this, but especially bigger ones) is a diva, like kyla, kymberli, and rose. since she doesn't appear to be like them, i don't think that she's very liked. however, i would also say that her breath control has been less than adequate, leading to more pitchy and less polished performances. 

regarding john, a lot of people don't like his tone. his performances have been pretty impressive vocally (although personally i took issue with some of his notes on all by myself), so the issue stems more from a dislike of his tone on here, i think.

Agreed.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Ok, i'm pretty sure you're right. IDF's dislike about him is more related to his tone, while with Tamara, it has to do more with technical issues about her voice. Still, i remember both of them being really hyped pre-season, just to end being pretty much disliked after their auditions aired 

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ok, i'm pretty sure you're right. IDF's dislike about him is more related to his tone, while with Tamara, it has to do more with technical issues about her voice. Still, i remember both of them being really hyped pre-season, just to end being pretty much disliked after their auditions aired 

John's tone is one of the issues but I don't think there were much people who liked him pre-show.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Actually, all of what said sounds pretty accurate. Starting with the fact that, while i really like her, she definitely has issues with her breath control.

Now, with that said, what you stated at first about her being disliked because people compare her to another black big-sized women seems pretty much the main reason because she is not liked here

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

Bailey is possibly the most underrated of Season 19(close with Madeline), and the most unique vocalist on Legend's team. She knows how to convey the message, and use the right dynamics of her voice in every performance so far.

I also think she will get John's CS.

In terms of the performances this night: 

WTW < Payge < Tanner < Bailey.

I'm surprised because I came into the show liking Payge and WTW, but Tanner's song was pretty catchy and WTW's performance was not that great. Payge's performance was incredible in showing off her artistry and it honestly just sounded good. I tend to be more critical on early performances and less critical on later ones, so perhaps I'll have to relisten.