The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

I don’t like comparing them, but I assume this is unpop and they have been mentioned a couple of times:

Rose >>>>> Kyla

I love them both, but Kyla was somewhat inconsistent (Her KO, Top 12 and Semis performances were perfect, but everything else was good but not great).

Rose was vocally great, more consistent and had awesome song choices, which puts her above Kyla in my eyes

Edited by Daillon
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

12 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Never said Rose was better. And being technically great alone doesn’t make good performances 

I agree Rose was a bit more consistent but I thought you were saying Rose is greater than Kyla because your post was Rose >>>>> Kyla.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I agree Rose was a bit more consistent but I thought you were saying Rose is greater than Kyla because your post was Rose >>>>> Kyla.

I was referring to their runs on the show. Kyla is the better vocalist for sure.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

1. Desz is mine but Ryan is second, soo yay for that!

2. I think Chloé has not proved anything yet more than Payge, but it is just me. I loved Chloé's KO though, I hope she stays consistent.

3. I can see why you say that, Gwen had been really good during S17, most especially this current S19. But, she made some pretty bad moves during her earlier seasons, but it is just me though. She keeps on improving season by season!

4. THIS. I do love the emotions though but yeah I don't find it much of what idf is portraying it to be.

- Maelyn was not my most favorite during the pre-taped honestly, but she is so consistent each and everytime until she gave more glorious performances week by week. Who do you think should have won?

- Although I liked Rose more (one of my faves ever), I also think Jake deserved the win. There are couple of performances from him that I really liked.

- I don't really like S18 and Toneisha had a pretty predictable performances (except her whistle note on the IS). But with Megan, she was actually my favorite that season. However, her What Hurts the Most performance was just so lackluster for me, so I understand why Micah advanced over her, and I can see why Todd won it (Todd is my favorite to win it all when Megan was eliminated)

- YES, he is really overrated.

- Kyla is a VOCAL BEAST. But, I agree with you, I loved Kimberly more, even moreso Rose. Rose > Kimberly > Kyla. I just love the performances of Kimberly, she was so consistent and I love how she mixed soul with rock (I think?) 😍

- I'd honestly say S15 was a good season too, I have had lots of favorites there (unpop)

- QUEEN ALI CALDWELL ROBBED 2 TIMES. I am so mad when Josh made it over her on The Voice then (the lackluster vocally weak) Whitney Reign eliminated her on the Four. She is definitely the MOST robbed contestant ever. Sandyredd had good performances but it was pretty obvious that they weren't pushing for her to go far when the lives started.

- This is the statement that I definitely most disagree on. Janice Freeman have this rawness in her and that raspy soulful tone is just heavens for me. RIP to the queen.

Overall, I agree with the majority of your statements. There might be some statements that I disagreed, but I can totally see why you made such statements. Good opinions VoiceFan! 😉❤️

I think Rod Stokes, LB Crew, Jej Vinson, and maybe even Dexter Roberts would have been a better winner than Maelyn. Janice's Top 11 and IS Performance wasn't the best, and Adam C. was more consistent,

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think Rod Stokes, LB Crew, Jej Vinson, and maybe even Dexter Roberts would have been a better winner than Maelyn. Janice's Top 11 and IS Performance wasn't the best, and Adam C. was more consistent,

Damn. I comand you for your bravery to say that on IDF, honestly. 

Even though Maelyn wasn´t my favorite of the season as well, I think she did deserve the win. In fact, I prefered Rod over her, mainly because I am a fan of his tone and style, but he and the other ones you mentioned were not as consistent as Maelyn. I enjoyed Dexter a lot as well,  and I loved LB and Jej in their initial performances, but they went downhill quickly.

As for Janice (RIP), I agree that she didn´t have her best week on T11, and yes, Adam C had a better IS performance than her, but she deserved to move on. In fact, both did, since they both got screwed over over those weeks. Adam by singing Phil Collins and Janice by singing Collective Soul, artists and songs that didn´t fit neither of them.

Edited by Misirlou
Just now, Daillon said:

I love reading some really unpopular opinions but this is too much for me :whut:

Maelyn was a one trick pony. Yes she has a good voice but she doesn't do it for me. Her performances are the same every time. Rod (for example), showcased his upper register in the live rounds which was a huge surprise! He was a storyteller, and the emotion was clear.  LB Crew was so soulful, especially in Wade in the Water...his voice is AMAZING!

Just now, Misirlou said:

Even though Maelyn wasn´t my favorite of the season as well, I think she did deserve the win. In fact, I prefered Rod over her, mainly because I am a fan of his tone and style, but he and the other ones you mentioned were not as consistent as Maelyn. I enjoyed Dexter a lot as well,  and I loved LB and Jej in their initial performances, but they went downhill quickly.

Fair enough: Rod Stokes >>>> Dexter > Jej = LB = Maelyn

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s my contribution to the conversation. Dexter sucked. 

I personally enjoyed him quite a lot, even though I hated that he got away from the mic at some points in his performances. That being said, he was inconsistent IMO, his playoffs and T13 performances were not that good, but his T8 remains a favorite of mine. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for Janice (RIP), I agree that she didn´t have her best week on T11, and yes, Adam C had a better IS performance than her, but she deserved to move on. In fact, both did, since they both got screwed over over those weeks. Adam by singing Phil Collins and Janice by singing Collective Soul, artists and songs that didn´t fit neither of them.

I consider "Shine" as a bus song for Janice considering she did absolutely great with "The Story". Maybe because TPTB wanted to clear the way for Brooke and give Miley her first win.

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There's just too much forced accent with him for my taste.

Very interesting. Well, OK he's not your cup of tea so that's totally understandable but I actually thought he has one of the most pure country voice that I've ever heard on the show.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I will say that LB losing his cross battle to Jej was honestly BS - I get that Adam was widely disliked by this point, but that’s not his team’s fault.

Agreed. LB was definitely better than Jej in the CB.

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Danielle post show >>> Danielle’s run on the show

Agreed on this one too. I also prefer Danielle's Post-Show work to what she did On-Show.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

I consider "Shine" as a bus song for Janice considering she did absolutely great with "The Story". Maybe because TPTB wanted to clear the way for Brooke and give Miley her first win.

I think Brooke was TCO that season. 

31 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Yes, she was. But the steals originally from Team Miley outsold her especially during the live rounds where both Chloe and Addison dominated the iTunes chart.

i think brooke would/could have won if chloe and addison stayed on her team cause i think the coaches that stole them did a better job w them than miley would have done

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

i think brooke would/could have won if chloe and addison stayed on her team cause i think the coaches that stole them did a better job w them than miley would have done

I could see Chloe still doing fairly well with Miley, but her odds of winning would’ve been lower since Blake not only got where she was musically but also had the fan base to back her.

As for Addison, Adam was a great match coach-wise for her; Miley would’ve been fine but I don’t think Addison would’ve thrived as much as she did on Team Adam had she stuck with Miley. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

I will say that LB losing his cross battle to Jej was honestly BS - I get that Adam was widely disliked by this point, but that’s not his team’s fault.

Agreed. LB smoked Jej in my opinion, either way he eventually ended ahead of Jej by getting more votes than him in the Top 13, getting the chance to sing for the IS while Jej went home inmediately.

That being said, after "Wade in the Water", LB went downhill massively as well.

• Like 2