The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

23 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Also here's another unpopular opinion.

Tanner won the KO for me and he had an overall better performance than Marisa thus Kelly picked him.

I still think Marisa deserved to win, but Tanner’s performance wasn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I still think Marisa deserved to win, but Tanner’s performance wasn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. 

In terms of consistency, Tanner did win, but it felt like a really good Tim McGraw impersonation (minus the charisma and charm of the later), instead of his own self.

Marisa wasn´t perfect, and neither was the arrangement, it felt weird and out of place, but I respect her taking a chance and displaying some artistry. 

For the long run tho, it kinda made sense to choose Tanner, since out of the two, he has a bigger chance to  move forward, but if we´re talking artistry, Marisa took it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It's fair enough that you think it that way. But I thought even if Marisa is a better vocalist but her performace was messy(Though I appreciate the risks that she took) while Tanner was so consistent during that performance. I didn't expect him to be THAT great.

But I can totally see why everyone is pissed because based on Marisa's technical abilities she deserved to stay for a while.

• Like 1

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

It's fair enough that you think it that way. But I thought even if Marisa is a better vocalist but her performace was messy(Though I appreciate the risks that she took) while Tanner was so consistent during that performance. I didn't expect him to be THAT great.

But I can totally see why everyone is pissed because based on Marisa's technical abilities she deserved to stay for a while.

matty love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Also, John H won his KO. 

Agreed. I love Cami as well but it's so hard to go against John H. Cami did an Amazing job with that song but on a technical level John > everyone else this season and this time he put lot of emotion in the song. He hit all the perfect notes maybe except for the last note because he was holding himself for going too high In Head Voice.

And like John L said, " Cami is very talented and I think that's one of the best performances I've ever seen but her only problem was that she was up against John H and John is THE VOICE".

I love John H, I love Cami, John H deserved to move forward , Cami deserved to move forward so I'm happy that both of them are staying.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 2:23 AM, Rodney said:

I'll throw one out that'll get me pelted with tomatoes.

After hearing Taryn Papa's "Cry," Andrea Thomas's version is still my favorite.  Though judging the three versions I've heard . . .

Andrea Thomas >>>>> Taryn Papa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reagan Strange.

i don't know who thomas is lmao, if you've listened to cassadee's, where would you place it?

Ryan Gallgher is my fav this season

Chloe is better than Payge and Tamara, but Desz is better than both

Gwen is the best coach of The Voice, Kelly is second. Worst is Usher.

Madeline’s KO was mediocre

Now some other seasons:

- Maelyn shouldn’t have won.

- Jake Hoot was a deserving winner.

- I think Megan or Toneisha should have won S18.

- Thunderstorm was overrated

- Kymberyli > Kyla. Best AA powerhouse is Rose Short and Kymberyli Nichole.

- S19 is the best season since S13.

- The most robbed singer of the voice is sandyredd and ali caldwell

- Janice Freeman wasn’t robbed

1 hour ago, VoiceFan! said:

Now some other seasons:

1. ooh, interesting, i'm curious, would you still like ryan if he went rock or country?

2. yay i agree with you on this one, although i think payge is close behind

3. i haven't watched a season w usher, so i can't comment, but i agree that gwen is a good coach. she's unpopular but this season (and in season 17), she's produced some AMAZING battles

4. ooh this one i probably disagree with. her vocals weren't anything incredible, but i really felt the emotion in the song

5. i loved maelyn lol, who do you think should have won?

6. i think hoot was pretty good, his semifinals and KO performances were really good, actually. i preferred rose over him in the finale though.

7. i loved megan and toneisha as well! i didn't like todd (and unpop opinion:), nor did i like thunderstorm. my favorite was allegra, but i loved joanna, megan, zan, and toneisha as well.

8. THIS OMG, i also thought tstorm was so overrated

9. ooh this one is interesting. i assume you're referring to kimberly nichole, in which case i wouldn't agree, but i would definitely see why. i lived for kyla's high notes, but kimberly nichole was crazy good.

10. I agree that s19 is really good, but i'd like the country to get cut down during the POs

11. ALI CALDWELL robbed queen on two shows 😭 sandyredd was also robbed; her performance of "it's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" was so filled with emotion. i probably would call upon others for most robbed but i agree they were totally robbed.

12. i liked janice, and s13 was stacked, but i wish she weren't eliminated

overall, i agreed with probably about half of these, it was interesting to read through and compare my opinions lol

Now some other seasons:

I agree with the bolded ones but lol how Maelyn isn't deserving. I'm not her biggest fan but she was the best contestant of her season. Ok she's not as strong as AA like Amanda/Kyla but she sings with so much emotion, pitch perfection, precision and she actually has killer head voice. I like Gyth more but no one can deny how incredible she is.

Also I wanna say it's ok that you like Rose and Kimberly more but I'm not sure about calling them the best. They can't hold a candle to QUEEN KYLA.

The most robbed singer of the voice is sandyredd and ali caldwell

Juliet Simms says hi. 😅

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Now some other seasons:

1. Desz is mine but Ryan is second, soo yay for that!

2. I think Chloé has not proved anything yet more than Payge, but it is just me. I loved Chloé's KO though, I hope she stays consistent.

3. I can see why you say that, Gwen had been really good during S17, most especially this current S19. But, she made some pretty bad moves during her earlier seasons, but it is just me though. She keeps on improving season by season!

4. THIS. I do love the emotions though but yeah I don't find it much of what idf is portraying it to be.

- Maelyn was not my most favorite during the pre-taped honestly, but she is so consistent each and everytime until she gave more glorious performances week by week. Who do you think should have won?

- Although I liked Rose more (one of my faves ever), I also think Jake deserved the win. There are couple of performances from him that I really liked.

- I don't really like S18 and Toneisha had a pretty predictable performances (except her whistle note on the IS). But with Megan, she was actually my favorite that season. However, her What Hurts the Most performance was just so lackluster for me, so I understand why Micah advanced over her, and I can see why Todd won it (Todd is my favorite to win it all when Megan was eliminated)

- YES, he is really overrated.

- Kyla is a VOCAL BEAST. But, I agree with you, I loved Kimberly more, even moreso Rose. Rose > Kimberly > Kyla. I just love the performances of Kimberly, she was so consistent and I love how she mixed soul with rock (I think?) 😍

- I'd honestly say S15 was a good season too, I have had lots of favorites there (unpop)

- QUEEN ALI CALDWELL ROBBED 2 TIMES. I am so mad when Josh made it over her on The Voice then (the lackluster vocally weak) Whitney Reign eliminated her on the Four. She is definitely the MOST robbed contestant ever. Sandyredd had good performances but it was pretty obvious that they weren't pushing for her to go far when the lives started.

- This is the statement that I definitely most disagree on. Janice Freeman have this rawness in her and that raspy soulful tone is just heavens for me. RIP to the queen.

Overall, I agree with the majority of your statements. There might be some statements that I disagreed, but I can totally see why you made such statements. Good opinions VoiceFan! 😉❤️