The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

I think it is safe to say you are the king of the thread just by this comment alone 

Overhyped season. That's it.    I must also mention the lack of  alternative acts this season. I mean... No indie folk girl? What kind of sh*tty show am I watching?   Thankfully, I

23 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Are you talking about her prelives as well? I thought those were decent.

16 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I haven't watched too many of the seasons, but Selkii comes to mind as one of the weakest live singers. 

I was mostly thinking about people who made the Top 12/13, but even then I would say she’s still up there. Her KO was ok, but I disliked her battle and hated her blind. Her tone drove me nuts for some reason, and I don’t think she was ready yet. Selkii at least had a good audition and battle imo.

Reagan´s audition was not good, but her battle performance was impeccable in my opinion. She displayed the goodness of her tone and was throughly in control. Her KO was decent. But as soon as she hit the lives, she crumbled. Her best live performance was "You Are The Reason", but she had no chance after the Adam clownery.

She was on a season full of teenage girls, but Sarah, Kennedy and Chevel all were vocally mature beyond their years and seemed to handle the competition very well and keep emotionally stable (Kennedy did have a breakdown in the semis rehersal but either way she nailed her performance). Whereas Reagan, while she has a good voice, just wasn´t ready vocally or emotionally for the pressure of the competition. And the worst part is that her coach didn´t help her at all, and she left the show with negative attention which was unwarranted since she wasn´t at fault for what Adam did. I hope she has recovered from it and grows, because she does have a lot of potential.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

With all this talk about Reagan in the spoilers thread I have remembered something I wanted to post about her in this thread:

Reagan is the worst female contestant to ever make the lives.

I am sad that she had to endure all the hate after that IS tho, which wasn’t her fault.

The public didn't do her any favors by voting her into the Middle 3. If she would have been instantly eliminated, she would have left the show in a high note (her performance of "You Are The Reason" was pretty good or at least decent), but no, she was in the Middle 3 and ended giving one of the worst (if not the worst) Instant Save performances ever and left the competition hated and humilliated.

Btw, for the people who didn't watch the show then, the whole controversy regarding Reagan is still on YouTube (and is gonna be only there for a few days more, if you want to check it out)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Btw, for the people who didn't watch the show then, the whole controversy regarding Reagan is still on YouTube (and is gonna be only there for a few days more, if you want to check it out)

Can you link the video so I can download it for the lolz? 🤣

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The public didn't do her any favors by voting her into the Middle 3. If she would have been instantly eliminated, she would have left the show in a high note (her performance of "You Are The Reason" was pretty good or at least decent), but no, she was in the Middle 3 and ended giving one of the worst (if not the worst) Instant Save performances ever and left the competition hated and humilliated.

Yeah... that's unfortunate. I find it really sad that she got lots of hate throughout the competition, I couldn't imagine being a teenager, living my dream, only to receive plenty of hate comments. I mean, she wasn't exactly a good live performer, mostly bc she just wasn't ready, but it's just really sad since she's obviously a sweetheart.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Adam basically telling the public to vote for her when she didn’t perform was the nail in the coffin for her.

Which brings me to another opinion, which Idk if it’s unpop or not: I really don’t understand why some people want Adam back. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I really don’t understand why some people want Adam back. 

In my defense, I have liked Adam during the earlier seasons because of his dynamics with the coaches, and he seems invested in some of his artists. But on the later seasons, he have been uninterested and boring for me, and yeah I think him coming back will not be a good option since the incident I think is still pretty fresh to many.

I understand where you and others are coming from because I have hated that decision and his aura on the later seasons. 😁

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The whole scandal is in the comments of these five videos. I was not sure what video you were asking for, but if it is Reagan's Instant save performances, it's the last one.

Thanks, I was looking for the first video that you posted! ☺️ I downloaded all of her performances (from Top 13 because I waited too late) because I’m a Reagan stan. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I really don’t understand why some people want Adam back. 

He´s not my favorite but I loved some of the risks he made his contestants take. Not to mention he and I are very similar in our music taste, so I would love some of his song choices, even if they seemed bizarre. Not to mention I did enjoy his comraderie with Blake.

That being said, I underestand that he had to go, for several reasons:

• He clearly faded in to the background and became an afterthought the minute Kelly stepped into the show. The producers seemed to get tired of him and focused much more on the Kelly/Blake rivarly, and she was a much stronger rival for Blake than him. 
  • He was always getting stuck with the weakest teams, and that was since S12, his original S13 blinds team was weak AF, Addison and Adam C were steals. And his S14 and S15 teams were the weakest of each respective season as well. Contestants didn´t believe him anymore.
  • The obvious Reagan incident
  • The complete humilliation and decimation of his team in the Cross Battles. I still believe they implemented that just to get rid of him. And it worked. 

I wouldn´t mind if he came back, but eventually, his contestants would suffer for it. So I think we´re good now.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Thanks, I was looking for the first video that you posted! ☺️ I downloaded all of her performances (from Top 13 because I waited too late) because I’m a Reagan stan. 

You're welcome! I thought during that season that she had crazy potencial, but, unfortunately, the pressure of the show was kinda too much for her. Maybe if she'd have auditioned a little more older (maybe when she turned 17/18) she would have even been a finalist.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He´s not my favorite but I loved some of the risks he made his contestants take. Not to mention he and I are very similar in our music taste, so I would love some of his song choices, even if they seemed bizarre. Not to mention I did enjoy his comraderie with Blake.

That being said, I underestand that he had to go, for several reasons:

• He clearly faded in to the background and became an afterthought the minute Kelly stepped into the show. The producers seemed to get tired of him and focused much more on the Kelly/Blake rivarly, and she was a much stronger rival for Blake than him. 
  • He was always getting stuck with the weakest teams, and that was since S12, his original S13 blinds team was weak AF, Addison and Adam C were steals. And his S14 and S15 teams were the weakest of each respective season as well. Contestants didn´t believe him anymore.
  • The obvious Reagan incident
  • The complete humilliation and decimation of his team in the Cross Battles. I still believe they implemented that just to get rid of him. And it worked. 

I wouldn´t mind if he came back, but eventually, his contestants would suffer for it. So I think we´re good now.

I'm gonna add to all of this, that he didn't turn for the winner FOUR seasons in a row. I understand with Chris Blue, (since he was the last contestant to audition that season) but c'mon, even JHud recognized both Chloe and Chevel's talents (Even if both of them are far from her style of music). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DETIED said:

If Maelyn and Cassade had been in the same season, Cassade would have won anyway

What do you think?

if in s16, perhaps a country dude would have beaten both? they might have split votes being two of the only good people left.....

10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

if in s16, perhaps a country dude would have beaten both? they might have split votes being two of the only good people left.....

In S16, Gyth “Mediocrity” Rigdon could’ve beaten both - it really depends on if Maelyn and Cassadee both make the finale and are both with their original coaches.

In S3, I’d give Cassadee a slight edge - she did just enough genre-crossing to make her appeal to a wider audience and had a decent size fan base before the show that could’ve helped her. Maelyn’s luck on the show would’ve wildly depended on which coach of the OG four she ended up working with; however, as one of the last seasons before the country-loving audience really kicked things into high gear, I think she’d have had a decent shot at making it at least into the top 8, if not further (since top 8 week is when Christina lost her last member).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DETIED said:

If Maelyn and Cassade had been in the same season, Cassade would have won anyway

What do you think?

In S3 Cassade would've won easily. In S16 again Cassade would've won but this time Maelyn would've given her a run for her money.

Btw I think neither Cassade nor Maelyn or Javier/Jermaine/Danielle/Craig/Alison/Sundance/Chris B/Chloe/Brynn/Chevel/Jake/Todd(Even if except for Jermaine I love all of them) would've stood a chance against Jordan/Tessanne/Sawyer, had they all been in the same season. Josh K and Chris B would've given them a fair fight but just not enough.

I don't know if this is controversial, BUT Gyth singing God Bless the USA during season 16 was the most unconfortable performance I have ever seem on this show and currently the one I hate the most. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I don't know if this is controversial, BUT Gyth singing God Bless the USA during season 16 was the most unconfortable performance I have ever seem on this show and currently the one I hate the most. 

Well.. that is actually agreed in this forum 😂

His pandering moment 

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I actually thought that he had chance at the title but GBTUSA was just a Self-Destructing performance and was definitely one of the worst performances ever and after that performance it became clear that he ain't winning.

3 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

In S3 Cassade would've won easily. In S16 again Cassade would've won but this time Maelyn would've given her a run for her money.

Btw I think neither Cassade nor Maelyn or Javier/Jermaine/Danielle/Craig/Alison/Sundance/Chris B/Chloe/Brynn/Chevel/Jake/Todd(Even if except for Jermaine I love all of them) would've stood a chance against Jordan/Tessanne/Sawyer, had they all been in the same season. Josh K and Chris B would've given them a fair fight but just not enough.

You never know with some of these. So much depends on the teams they’re on, who gets the pimping, and some contestants arrive with large ready made voting blocks, based on where they live (see Chevel and Todd). 

I may be biased, but I think Sawyer (the teenage version) would have won any season, including the one Jordan was on.