The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

I liked the blend of their voices, but I HATED the song choice - it's definitely not a bad battle listening-wise, but the song choice is what killed it in the ranking of "best of the night" for me.

Yeah, I´m not the biggest fan of the song as well.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

I think it is safe to say you are the king of the thread just by this comment alone 

Overhyped season. That's it.    I must also mention the lack of  alternative acts this season. I mean... No indie folk girl? What kind of sh*tty show am I watching?   Thankfully, I

This might seem weird, but my biggest compaint about Ryan’s performance is that he was so calm lol. His low-energy movements and gestures didn’t go along with the song he was performing.

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

This might seem weird, but my biggest compaint about Ryan’s performance is that he was so calm lol. His low-energy movements and gestures didn’t go along with the song he was performing.

Or the contestant he was performing with. 🤣

Edited by Bk1234

Ok, since my comment about Ryan G  got lost in the spoilers thread, i'm putting it on here once again:

"If Ryan wasn't attractive, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be receiving half of the hype he is actually getting. Even if he had the exactly same voice"

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"If Ryan wasn't attractive, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't be receiving half of the hype he is actually getting. Even if he had the exactly same voice"

I agree. It’s a shame that the majority of his “fans,” are just there for his looks... 😔

On 11/16/2020 at 8:05 PM, Daillon said:

Agreed, your complaint does seem a bit weird.

Ryan G's demeanor during the performance did come off more subdued than his normal intensity. Do you think the fact that his grandmother was dealing with covid-19 and then his mother (who was caring for his grandmother) was hospitalized for the coronavirus the day before the battle had any affect? However, having viewed a number of his performances, benefit concerts, etc. on YT and his home page, I think calm and collected is just his approach to performing. He simply is not IMO the fist-pumping, hip-hopping type of performer. I might even go so far as to proffer a possibly unpopular opinion that that was Ryan (albeit lower-energy than normal) in his excited state LOL.

And a further unpopular opinion regarding the battle, a duet takes both singers to compliment each other, so perhaps Marisa was just too overbearing and aggressive. Both needed to blend...but Queen Celine's tweet heaped praise on their performance!

3 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Agreed, your complaint does seem a bit weird.

Ryan G's demeanor during the performance did come off more subdued than his normal intensity. Do you think the fact that his grandmother was dealing with covid-19 and then his mother (who was caring for his grandmother) was hospitalized for the coronavirus the day before the battle had any affect? However, having viewed a number of his performances, benefit concerts, etc. on YT and his home page, I think calm and collected is just his approach to performing. He simply is not IMO the fist-pumping, hip-hopping type of performer. I might even go so far as to proffer a possibly unpopular opinion that that was Ryan (albeit lower-energy than normal) in his excited state LOL.

And a further unpopular opinion regarding the battle, a duet takes both singers to compliment each other, so perhaps Marisa was just too overbearing and aggressive. Both needed to blend...but Queen Celine's tweet heaped praise on their performance!

I don’t mind someone being calm and collected when performing (in fact I think it’s refreshing in a way) but in this particular song it just felt off imo (what you said about her mother might have something to with it so I guess I can’t complain if that’s the case)

Edited by Daillon
5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t mind someone being calm and collected when performing (in fact I think it’s refreshing in a way) but in this particular song it just felt off imo (what you said about her mother might have something to with it so I guess I can’t complain if that’s the case)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8956255/The-Voice-Ryan-Gallagher-competes-battle-round-sick-mother-hospitalized-coronavirus.html

1 minute ago, David68 said:

Carter won his battle.

While I do think Larriah was better, I disagree with a lot of people saying that she destroyed Carter. They were pretty even IMO, I just think Larriah conveyed the lyrics in a more mature way and connected more to the song, but vocally they were neck to neck. 

Which brings me to my unpopular opinion, Ryan G won his battle.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, guyhelios said:

i agree, a duet requries both singers to compliment each other, as well as the song. marisa and ryan needed to capture the meaning of the song in their sound, and that is one of a dramatic nature. marisa captured this perfectly, and ryan didn't - but i don't think either of them are at fault. marisa did what the song required, and ryan simply had an off day because of the extremely difficult circumstances he was undergoing.

my unpopular opinion, if i may offer it, is that neither of them are at fault, and that kelly did the right thing. marisa did what the song required, and rightfully won the battle, but ryan has great potential and shouldn't be eliminated because he had to perform on a really stressful day. although i was disappointed by ryan's performance, understanding the context of the situation, i am impressed that ryan did what he did despite the stress he must have felt. 

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2
45 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

While I do think Larriah was better, I disagree with a lot of people saying that she destroyed Carter. They were pretty even IMO, I just think Larriah conveyed the lyrics in a more mature way and connected more to the song, but vocally they were neck to neck. 

yeah i think for me what made the difference was that larriah seems like so much more of a mature singer, while carter to me very distinctly sounds his age (which isn't a bad thing ofc). i happened to prefer larriah's tone and her more mature sound, but i can see why someone would prefer carter. 

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i agree, a duet requries both singers to compliment each other, as well as the song. marisa and ryan needed to capture the meaning of the song in their sound, and that is one of a dramatic nature. marisa captured this perfectly, and ryan didn't - but i don't think either of them are at fault. marisa did what the song required, and ryan simply had an off day because of the extremely difficult circumstances he was undergoing.

my unpopular opinion, if i may offer it, is that neither of them are at fault, and that kelly did the right thing. marisa did what the song required, and rightfully won the battle, but ryan has great potential and shouldn't be eliminated because he had to perform on a really stressful day. although i was disappointed by ryan's performance, understanding the context of the situation, i am impressed that ryan did what he did despite the stress he must have felt. 

TY for the positive response on this - the Unpopular Opinions Thread. Your observations are spot on and much appreciated😗

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

#bestreply

season 3 GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah lmao I love Larriah more than Carter but no, she did not destroyed Carter, people were overreacting 🤣. Carter might've lacked some maturity in his delivery of the song, but they are even when it comes to the vocal stuffs.

Carter definitely have pipes and gorgeous tone, and deserves to be more appreciated.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Carter definitely have pipes and gorgeous tone, and deserves to be more appreciated.

yeah, he has a big voice. i remember seeing his pre-show stuff and being shocked. i really loved him from that pre-show stuff, but i think his voice has changed since then, and i don't really like his tone. i think that's something that will change with age, because what i don't like is the kind of immature/young sound, which is completely understandable given his age.

8 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah lmao I love Larriah more than Carter but no, she did not destroyed Carter, people were overreacting 🤣. Carter might've lacked some maturity in his delivery of the song, but they are even when it comes to the vocal stuffs.

I prefer Carter, but I still like Larriah. I agree, Larriah didn’t annihilate Carter. I thought she did better, but it wasn’t like she was leagues better than him. 😅

• Like 1

With all this talk about Reagan in the spoilers thread I have remembered something I wanted to post about her in this thread:

Reagan is the worst female contestant to ever make the lives.

I am sad that she had to endure all the hate after that IS tho, which wasn’t her fault.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1