Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Daillon said:


Great range =/= Great vocalist (John is really good but it’s too soon to call him the best)

Not to mention, his voice is very polarizing. It sounds good on some songs (Summer Soft), but really bad on others (Misty.) 

 

2 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Cami is overrated 

 

pokemon no GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

47 minutes ago, Daillon said:


Great range =/= Great vocalist (John is really good but it’s too soon to call him the best)

He doesn't only have Great range but Man he also have so many other technical things. He has a great amount of breath control, he has great vocal agility he sings those perfectly placed high notes without straining it's like his daily dose, just look at his face when he's hitting them. He also has great control over his voice, he has a great technique and maybe it's because he's a classical opera singer as well, he also has a great pitch. He also have nice crescendo and glissando, he can do amazing riffs and runs and his head voice is to die for. 

 

But I can't argue with you much because he hasn't used his full range yet but when he'll do you'll definitely know what I'm taking about.

 

Btw if not John then who is that person you think of as the best male vocalist in this show's history.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Not to mention, his voice is very polarizing. It sounds good on some songs (Summer Soft), but really bad on others (Misty.) 

Tone is so subjective it doesn't count in when we're talking about vocals. Also if not him then who is that you think IS the best male vocalist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Btw if not John then who is that person you think of as the best male vocalist in this show's history.

 


I don’t know who is the absolute best but Josh K, Jordan and Chris J come to mind as great vocalists.

 

Edit: Forgot Jeffery

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daillon said:


I don’t know who is the absolute best but Josh K, Jordan and Chris J come to mind as great vocalists.

Jordan and Josh are definitely the ones which I consider as the best vocalists(before the arrival of John H.)

But I just wanna make it clear I love Jordan Freakin Smith more than every other person that has ever been on any version of the voice. And I definitely like him more than John H though I think John H has just a slight edge over him vocally

 

24 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Edit: Forgot Jeffery

 

I personally won't consider him one of the best vocalists. I count all the factors and he lacks one and that is RANGE(though he has great pitch and breath control.) But one can definitely disagree with me because everyone have their own different  standards for calling someone a better vocalist.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He doesn't only have Great range but Man he also have so many other technical things. He has a great amount of breath control, he has great vocal agility he sings those perfectly placed high notes without straining it's like his daily dose, just look at his face when he's hitting them. He also has great control over his voice, he has a great technique and maybe it's because he's a classical opera singer as well, he also has a great pitch. He also have nice crescendo and glissando, he can do amazing riffs and runs and his head voice is to die for. 

 

But I can't argue with you much because he hasn't used his full range yet but when he'll do you'll definitely know what I'm taking about.

 

Btw if not John then who is that person you think of as the best male vocalist in this show's history.

 

hmmm i would say that julia shows more breath control than him. also, head voice? when did he use that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ashwinner said:

hmmm i would say that julia shows more breath control than him. also, head voice? when did he use that?

That's why I said to @Daillon that I can't argue with you much because in the show as of right now he hasn't shown his true power. Just wait for his other performances you'll know how killer his head voice, and how amazing his breath support is.

 

EDIT: He did use a little bit of his head voice during his Misty performance and it was definitely strong. See the part 1:30-1:36.

 

 

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what? Just stop y'all, this getting out of hand and this will go to nowhere. We all have DIFFERENT opinions, so you CANNOT convince anyone to believe your opinion, because in the end, he/she will just stand by his/her opinion no matter what.

 

Just please respect everyone's opinion. And if you do state an opinion say the word "for me", because honey, we don't have the same opinion or something. The word BEST should be followed by "for me" or something, because it's like you're stating something that others do not believe. Thank you all! Have a great day, I guess 😁

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

You know what? Just stop y'all, this getting out of hand and this will go to nowhere. We all have DIFFERENT opinions, so you CANNOT convince anyone to believe your opinion, because in the end, he/she will just stand by his/her opinion no matter what.

 

Just please respect everyone's opinion. And if you do state an opinion say the word "for me", because honey, we don't have the same opinion or something. The word BEST should be followed by "for me" or something, because it's like you're stating something that others do not believe. Thank you all! Have a great day, I guess 😁

 

I agree with everything you said but that was my unpopular opinion and I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me that's why at the end of my post I said one can definitely disagree with me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I agree with everything you said but that was my unpopular opinion and I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me that's why at the end of my post I said one can definitely disagree with me.

 

Yeah, no, I am actually pertaining in general 😬 not only you but for everyone. I just feel like sometimes it is getting to toxic in here? Everyone's entitled to state their opinion, and nothing is wrong and right. Since well it is an OPINION. Just spread some love here y'all! ❤️✨

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people is kinda overreacting about Sid. I mean, he is really good, but , after his battle, people is acting like he is the best contestant that has ever graced this show (which is strange because i didn't hear anything in his battle that i didn't hear in his blind audition). He is really good, i like him but i don't find that battle as great as everyone else seems to find it. (Maybe i'm biased, because i have been hearing him literally since the spoilers came out and he and Cami were my favorites pre-season, so maybe i was just not shocked as everyone else was? Idk).

 

And, on a related note, i feel sad for Bailey, everyone seems to either ignore her or think that she should have lose her battle. I mean, it's not her fault that John picked her, and while i think Sid should have won, Bailey really did a good job too and deserves some credit. Same thing happened last year to Mandi Castillo, she got a lot of hate just because John picked her over Thunderstorm, when it was not her fault that she was picked. Idc what anyone thinks, she deserved better.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

You know what? Just stop y'all, this getting out of hand and this will go to nowhere. We all have DIFFERENT opinions, so you CANNOT convince anyone to believe your opinion, because in the end, he/she will just stand by his/her opinion no matter what.

 

Just please respect everyone's opinion. And if you do state an opinion say the word "for me", because honey, we don't have the same opinion or something. The word BEST should be followed by "for me" or something, because it's like you're stating something that others do not believe. Thank you all! Have a great day, I guess 😁

 

liking a singer better is different than calling someone a better vocalist. the first is subjective; the second, objective. that being said, it appears like no one is going to change their mind yet so it doesn't really matter

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

And, on a related note, i feel sad for Bailey, everyone seems to either ignore her or think that she should have lose her battle. I mean, it's not her fault that John picked her, and while i think Sid should have won, Bailey really did a good job too and deserves some credit. Same thing happened last year to Mandi Castillo, she got a lot of hate just because John picked her over Thunderstorm, when it was not her fault that she was picked. Idc what anyone thinks, she deserved better.


I completely agree with this. Regarding Mandi, I will never understand the hate / dislike for her. Her tone was beautiful + her blind and KO are some of the best performances of their respective rounds. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Same thing happened last year to Mandi Castillo, she got a lot of hate just because John picked her over Thunderstorm, when it was not her fault that she was picked. Idc what anyone thinks, she deserved better.

I agree she deserved so much better. I really love her BA, PO and WC performances. :wub:

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think people is kinda overreacting about Sid. I mean, he is really good, but , after his battle, people is acting like he is the best contestant that has ever graced this show (which is strange because i didn't hear anything in his battle that i didn't hear in his blind audition). He is really good, i like him but i don't find that battle as great as everyone else seems to find it. 

I don't think anyone called him the best contestant ever. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think people is kinda overreacting about Sid. I mean, he is really good, but , after his battle, people is acting like he is the best contestant that has ever graced this show (which is strange because i didn't hear anything in his battle that i didn't hear in his blind audition). He is really good, i like him but i don't find that battle as great as everyone else seems to find it. (Maybe i'm biased, because i have been hearing him literally since the spoilers came out and he and Cami were my favorites pre-season, so maybe i was just not shocked as everyone else was? Idk).

 

And, on a related note, i feel sad for Bailey, everyone seems to either ignore her or think that she should have lose her battle. I mean, it's not her fault that John picked her, and while i think Sid should have won, Bailey really did a good job too and deserves some credit. Same thing happened last year to Mandi Castillo, she got a lot of hate just because John picked her over Thunderstorm, when it was not her fault that she was picked. Idc what anyone thinks, she deserved better.

 

I have to admit that I am also a bit shocked at how Sid is very well-received here on IDF. I mean, I've been knew since before the blinds that he was gonna be terrific, but for people to call him a potential PV frontrunner on Team Blake based on his battle is a little premature, especially with Ian's battle not being aired yet. Maybe it has to do with the underwhelming showing of several of IDF's projected frontrunners? Either way, I welcome the excitement, I just don't want to jinx it and jump the gun regarding his chances.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think people is kinda overreacting about Sid. I mean, he is really good, but , after his battle, people is acting like he is the best contestant that has ever graced this show (which is strange because i didn't hear anything in his battle that i didn't hear in his blind audition). He is really good, i like him but i don't find that battle as great as everyone else seems to find it. (Maybe i'm biased, because i have been hearing him literally since the spoilers came out and he and Cami were my favorites pre-season, so maybe i was just not shocked as everyone else was? Idk).

 

And, on a related note, i feel sad for Bailey, everyone seems to either ignore her or think that she should have lose her battle. I mean, it's not her fault that John picked her, and while i think Sid should have won, Bailey really did a good job too and deserves some credit. Same thing happened last year to Mandi Castillo, she got a lot of hate just because John picked her over Thunderstorm, when it was not her fault that she was picked. Idc what anyone thinks, she deserved better.

I agree, and like MJ , I didn´t  expect Sid to be that well recieved on IDF, since his intensity and gravel is clearly not for everyone, which is why the sources described him as "too much" or "trying too hard", but I think that what people liked in general, including myself about him is the fact that he attacked the song and told a story through it, and Tennessee Whiskey proved to be a great showcase for his power. The song requires quite a bit of intensity, as any blues song does, and he was up to the task. His entrance in the battle in particular (alongside Kelly´s reaction to it) is talked about a lot.

 

As for Bailey, I agree she did a great job as well and stepped up from her blind, and I think she actually deserved to move on. In fact I think she actually made that performance a battle, because I expected Sid to come in swinging, but I didn´t expect her to counterattack as well. 

 

She´s actually gotten (from what I´ve seen) much less negativity that Mandi, since first of all, I´ve seen a lot of the praise for the battle as a whole, and because Mandi beat Thunderstorm who was THE supposed frontrunner last season. That is not the case for Sid, since he still has a lot of competition, while Thunderstorm was basically guaranteed a PV. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, a real unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed the Jim vs John S battle. John has a warm, cool, Loggins and Messina vibe, and Jim just kills it at the end when he brings it to church.

I really loved that battle. It was definitely great.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Also, a real unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed the Jim vs John S battle. John has a warm, cool, Loggins and Messina vibe, and Jim just kills it at the end when he brings it to church.

I liked the blend of their voices, but I HATED the song choice - it's definitely not a bad battle listening-wise, but the song choice is what killed it in the ranking of "best of the night" for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I agree, and like MJ , I didn´t  expect Sid to be that well recieved on IDF, since his intensity and gravel is clearly not for everyone, which is why the sources described him as "too much" or "trying too hard", but I think that what people liked in general, including myself about him is the fact that he attacked the song and told a story through it, and Tennessee Whiskey proved to be a great showcase for his power. The song requires quite a bit of intensity, as any blues song does, and he was up to the task. His entrance in the battle in particular (alongside Kelly´s reaction to it) is talked about a lot.

 

As for Bailey, I agree she did a great job as well and stepped up from her blind, and I think she actually deserved to move on. In fact I think she actually made that performance a battle, because I expected Sid to come in swinging, but I didn´t expect her to counterattack as well. 

 

She´s actually gotten (from what I´ve seen) much less negativity that Mandi, since first of all, I´ve seen a lot of the praise for the battle as a whole, and because Mandi beat Thunderstorm who was THE supposed frontrunner last season. That is not the case for Sid, since he still has a lot of competition, while Thunderstorm was basically guaranteed a PV. 

yeah i agree, bailey totally deserved to move on. i do think that sid should have won, and bailey should have gotten the steal. in fact, that probably would have been beneficial for her, as going to team blake would set her apart from the male-dominated team, and blake would actually know what to do with her. kelly would too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...