The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

4 hours ago, Archanium said:

Idk how unpopular this opinion is, but I'll say it here just to be safe :haha:

I don't find any of the blind audition (so far) this season to be exceptionally amazing or special. I'm not sure why, it's either because of the performances were really subpar compared to past seasons, or maybe it's just that we overhyped the season too much. 

Overhyped season. That's it. 

I must also mention the lack of  alternative acts this season. I mean... No indie folk girl? What kind of sh*tty show am I watching? :haha:

Thankfully, I have Cami and Payge so things are going well this season for me so far :wub:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love reading some really unpopular opinions but this is too much for me 

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Taryn over all of them. 

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I did say some of them in my comment, there were some undeniably great auditions but there hasn’t been a 10/10 audition so far, at least imo. I do think a good amount of people can do better than what they showed in their audition (p.e DeSz, Tamara...) so hopefully the battles and KOs are better overall than the blinds.

Ikr some are gonna improve but John H's audition is a 10/10 LOL. I know you're gonna disagree but At least to me John's audition is an A+ worthy.

38 minutes ago, echoap said:

Overhyped season. That's it. 

I must also mention the lack of  alternative acts this season. I mean... No indie folk girl? What kind of sh*tty show am I watching? :haha:

Thankfully, I have Cami and Payge so things are going well this season for me so far :wub:

Julia Cooper can be our indie girl this time around. It's a shame she's in a highly competitive 4-way KO

Also, from her pre-show stuff, Payge is actually the most "indie" person we have this season.

4 hours ago, roundtown said:

Too much emphasis is put on how many chairs a contestant turns when in reality it means ZILCH. 

Overall, in votes it doesn't matter much. But in how hyped they are, it very well has been a factor. You bet a 4-chair turn is gonna be receiving treatment to make them seem worthy of all coaches turning around. See Kennedy(S15) 

However yeah, it doesn't matter much. 1-chair turns could beat multiple chair turns easily, considering their appeal to the audience. See Jake Hoot vs Katie Kadan and Ricky Duran(S17)

• Like 2

Rod Stokes deserved to go through to the finals, and in my opinion he was the most robbed. Look how he surprised everyone with, “When a Man Loves a Woman”, “How Am I Supposed to Love Without You” and his Semifinal performance. He has such a bluesy, kind of rock voice with just the right amount of ache. The fact that he can also hit high notes makes his performance memorable, and he can connect to a song unlike Andrew and Gyth.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Archanium said:

Idk how unpopular this opinion is, but I'll say it here just to be safe :haha:

I don't find any of the blind audition (so far) this season to be exceptionally amazing or special. I'm not sure why, it's either because of the performances were really subpar compared to past seasons, or maybe it's just that we overhyped the season too much. 

lmao i find it hilarious that as soon as you share your opinion all the idf stans immediately start explaining why you're wrong and why their snowflake has an "exceptionally amazing or special" BA :haha:

On 10/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, VintageVoice said:

Unpopular (on here, anyway) but I didn't mind Ben's audition - I like the song and think he did pretty well with it, but his tone's too twangy for me personally. If he does make the lives and continues to be the Minivan favorite, he's probably the snowflake killer we thought Jim Ranger would be.

totally agree, i actually liked ben

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Hannah Huston is better than Alisan Porter. :stealth:

I Like Alison more but I think she  was polarizing to some people so I can see why someone would prefer Hannah over her.

8 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Hannah Huston is better than Alisan Porter. :stealth:

Hannah would have been a perfect contestant for me (raspy voice, great falsetto, excellent vocalist...) but her song choices were terrible enough to make me enjoy her less than I probably would have otherwise.

If there was an All-Stars season, she would be one of my top picks to return (with a better coach ofc)

Edited by Daillon
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Hannah would have been a perfect contestant for me (raspy voice, great falsetto, excellent vocalist...) but her song choices were terrible enough to make me enjoy her less than I probably would have otherwise.

I really didn’t mind most of her song choices. 😅 Her performances of House of the Rising Sun and Every Breath You Take are some of the best Voice performances of all-time, in my opinion. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
On 10/29/2020 at 9:36 AM, FloorWax said:

Reveal hidden contents

Julia Cooper can be our indie girl this time around. It's a shame she's in a highly competitive 4-way KO

Julia is pretty good, and she's the indie girl of the season for sure. However, her style reminds me of some singers that I don't like much so that's the main reason why I'm not stanning her.

Edited by echoap
3 hours ago, echoap said:

Also, from her pre-show stuff, Payge is actually the most "indie" person we have this season.

I would agree and i think that is why Gwen is the perfect coach for her and why I think Gwen will carry  her even if minivan has issues

12 minutes ago, David68 said:

^ For some reason, when you quote a spoiler tag, the contents of the quoted spoiler tag do not show.

FloorWax used a lot of empty lines in the original post, that's why. I just edited it to make the content more visible. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

So why was Sid yelling at me during his Battle performance? I still think he won the battle, but he started at 10 and just stayed there the entire time. No buildup. It especially clashed with Bailey's voice that was softer.

57 minutes ago, joe14 said:

So why was Sid yelling at me during his Battle performance? I still think he won the battle, but he started at 10 and just stayed there the entire time. No buildup. It especially clashed with Bailey's voice that was softer.

i've noticed that his style is to stay powerful the whole time. hopefully his KO gives him a chance to get a buildup, but we will have to see. personally i loved both his BA and his battle but it wouldn't hurt to see the buildup, i agree.

my unpopular opinion: i don't think ryan g. is anything special based on his blind. that might change in his battle, but currently i don't see the hype

• Like 5
8 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i've noticed that his style is to stay powerful the whole time. hopefully his KO gives him a chance to get a buildup, but we will have to see. personally i loved both his BA and his battle but it wouldn't hurt to see the buildup, i agree.

my unpopular opinion: i don't think ryan g. is anything special based on his blind. that might change in his battle, but currently i don't see the hype

On a technical level he has great pitch, great vocal control, great vocal agility, great technique so he is overall a great singer but I agree he lacks that high range so for me personally I would hesitate to call him one of the best vocalist of this season. But I can totally see why would anyone think that he's one of he best this season because even if he don't have THAT range but he still has amazing control and awesome pitch and he knows how to use his abilities.

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

On a technical level he has great pitch, great vocal control, great vocal agility, great technique so he is overall a great singer but I agree he lacks that high range so for me personally I would hesitate to call him one of the best vocalist of this season. But I can totally see why would anyone think that he's one of he best this season because even if he don't have THAT range but he still has amazing control and awesome pitch and he knows how to use his abilities.

yeah it's an opinion lmao so

John Holiday is definitely THE BEST MALE VOCALIST that has ever been on THE VOICE. 

Amanda Brown and Kyla Jade are the BEST FEMALE VOCALISTS that have ever been on THE VOICE.

Overall I would lean a bit towards the two females as of right now  because I have not seen John's full vocal range yet.

23 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

John Holiday is definitely THE BEST MALE VOCALIST that has ever been on THE VOICE. 

Great range =/= Great vocalist (John is really good but it’s too soon to call him the best)

• Like 3