Jump to content

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love reading some really unpopular opinions but this is too much for me 

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Taryn over all of them. 

23 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

MOST UNPOPULAR OPINION EVER

Gwen >>>>>> Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> John > Blake

i'm of a similar opinion, but for me its more like:

 

gwen = kelly >>>> blake >> john, i think they're all pretty good despite john's questionable coaching decisions.

 

also, i'm really proud that john is turning more this season!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

i'm of a similar opinion, but for me its more like:

 

gwen = kelly >>>> blake >> john, i think they're all pretty good despite john's questionable coaching decisions.

 

also, i'm really proud that john is turning more this season!

He turned for every country male except Ian 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mariahmc said:

Beth Griffith Manley deserved to be in the finale

I can't believe she didn't make it out of cross battles when people like Celia, Selkii, Jacob, and Jimmy did. She should've been part of John's top 3 along with Maelyn and Shawn.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FloorWax said:

I can't believe she didn't make it out of cross battles when people like Celia, Selkii, Jacob, and Jimmy did. She should've been part of John's top 3 along with Maelyn and Shawn.

Thank you! She just brought too much soul they couldn't handle it! She was so amazing and I'm so sad we didn't get the chance to hear more from her

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mariahmc said:

Beth Griffith Manley deserved to be in the finale

If she hadn't been up against country in the Cross Battles (and John hadn't been an idiot with his save), she at the very least could've moved onto the top 24 with little issue. I'd talk more but I'm feeling my blood pressure go up just thinking about S16's dumpster fire format, tbh.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

If she hadn't been up against country in the Cross Battles (and John hadn't been an idiot with his save), she at the very least could've moved onto the top 24 with little issue. I'd talk more but I'm feeling my blood pressure go up just thinking about S16's dumpster fire format, tbh.

S16 had potential. There was so much diversity and style: Mari, Lisa, Mikaela, Rizzi, Ciera, Jej, Presley, Kim, and Domenic.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

If she hadn't been up against country in the Cross Battles (and John hadn't been an idiot with his save), she at the very least could've moved onto the top 24 with little issue. I'd talk more but I'm feeling my blood pressure go up just thinking about S16's dumpster fire format, tbh.

We all know she ate Rebecca alive but the public don't like soulful singers! To be honest I really liked the Cross Battles but the way the winners were chosen was so unfair!! My blood pressure never went down since the day she was eliminated... As Adam said "F**K AM3R*ICA"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper, Beth should have been a contestant I enjoyed, but (#unpop) I lowkey hated her tone, it just bothered me for some reason. However the competition was so bad that I have to agree that she should have moved on further. She wasn’t anything special tho (imo)

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mariahmc said:

Beth Griffith Manley deserved to be in the finale

 

1 hour ago, B-B said:

Beth is one of the weaker AA divas on the show but she definitely should’ve made it further

i'd argue that beth is not to be compared to the "divas." she doesn't fall under that category just because she's black. her voice was soulful and raspy and sooooo textured. i'd say that i would have wanted her to reach the semifinals, but i would have preferred mari and shawn in the finale maybe? 

2 hours ago, Ottoship said:

S16 had potential. There was so much diversity and style: Mari, Lisa, Mikaela, Rizzi, Ciera, Jej, Presley, Kim, and Domenic.

YES! it could have been so good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

If she hadn't been up against country in the Cross Battles (and John hadn't been an idiot with his save), she at the very least could've moved onto the top 24 with little issue.

John has since claimed that he expected Beth to win her Cross-Battle (which she should've).  I believe him, since I recall him having a very subdued "WTF?!" look on his face when Rebecca won instead.  He probably thought that Beth had it in the bag, which it turned out that she didn't.  That explained his save of Jacob instead.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

 

i'd argue that beth is not to be compared to the "divas." she doesn't fall under that category just because she's black. her voice was soulful and raspy and sooooo textured. i'd say that i would have wanted her to reach the semifinals, but i would have preferred mari and shawn in the finale maybe? 

YES! it could have been so good.

I agree with you she’s not a diva she’s more of a soul/Motown singer. She was very seasoned and I agree again, her voice was so (amazingly) textured 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ooooh i really like casme. i would say she's kind of similar to beth, although not really in the texture b/c casme's voice is rly smooth, but more in the fact that i ALREADY KNOW america will rob her b/c she's black but doesn't have a huge voice :(

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm the only one in this forum that really loved Desz tonight?(Just kidding, i'm not, but still) She killed it! She is receiving a lot of love on YouTube, Instagram and even Facebook (where most of the comments and reactions are from Team Minivan) . Honestly guys, i like this forum, but some of you have really, REALLY HIGH standards. Both black queens Tamara and Desz are gonna slay the competition, (even if they don't win), just like they slayed their auditions. 😁👍

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular (on here, anyway) but I didn't mind Ben's audition - I like the song and think he did pretty well with it, but his tone's too twangy for me personally. If he does make the lives and continues to be the Minivan favorite, he's probably the snowflake killer we thought Jim Ranger would be.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Unpopular (on here, anyway) but I didn't mind Ben's audition - I like the song and think he did pretty well with it, but his tone's too twangy for me personally. If he does make the lives and continues to be the Minivan favorite, he's probably the snowflake killer we thought Jim Ranger would be.

I enjoyed him as well, and yes, he very well could be a snowflake killer, we´ll see how the rest of his performances go and if Payge and Carter do well enough with the public to give him a fight. 

 

We already have three snowflake killers so far it seems: Ian, Jim and Ben. And seems like tomorrow we´re gonna meet another one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk how unpopular this opinion is, but I'll say it here just to be safe :haha:

 

I don't find any of the blind audition (so far) this season to be exceptionally amazing or special. I'm not sure why, it's either because of the performances were really subpar compared to past seasons, or maybe it's just that we overhyped the season too much. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Archanium said:

Idk how unpopular this opinion is, but I'll say it here just to be safe :haha:

 

I don't find any of the blind audition (so far) this season to be exceptionally amazing or special. I'm not sure why, it's either because of the performances were really subpar compared to past seasons, or maybe it's just that we overhyped the season too much. 

 

 

Rewatch Tamara, Jim, Marisa, John H, Cami, Ryan, Sid, Kelsie, Desz and Casme 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Rewatch Tamara, Jim, Marisa, John H, Cami, Ryan, Sid, Kelsie, Desz and Casme 


If you find some of these auditions “exceptionally amazing or special” you have really low standards :P

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, sound production of the blind auditions is partly to blame. This is something they have complete control, so it must be intentional. Of course, I’m talking about Bandzilla. It’s happened to almost everyone, except Cami (Song choice) and a couple others. I hate it. 

Edited by TeamAudra
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Daillon said:


If you find some of these auditions “exceptionally amazing or special” you have really low standards :P

Well, John Holiday's audition is imao  The Best Audition since Jordan Smith and it was exceptionally amazing and special. Cami's, Sid's, and Ryan's auditions were great too.

 

I'm know to be the person who's almost every opinion is unpopular here so I highly expect everyone to disagree with me but Man this season is so stacked talent-wise, I have a lot of favorites and I'm so torn because  I can't choose one between them, I love them all LOL. 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a lot of people being underwhelmed by this season and some factors could have been play on that, like the hype. IDF often has low expectations for the seasons once they see the spoilers, but I've never seen them more excited for a season before. Bandzilla and the amount of country males could also be a contributing factor.

 

Which brings me to my unpopular opinion, I've actually been enjoying the season so far. There is a good amount of people that I'm rooting for, and remember that last season didn't really take off until Battles, so perhaps we should wait and see what happens.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Well, John Holiday's audition is imao  The Best Audition since Jordan Smith and it was exceptionally amazing and special. Cami's, Sid's, and Ryan's auditions were great too.

 

I'm know to be the person who's almost every opinion is unpopular here so I highly expect everyone to disagree with me but Man this season is so stacked talent-wise, I have a lot of favorites and I'm so torn because  I can't choose one between them, I love them all LOL. 😜


I did say some of them in my comment, there were some undeniably great auditions but there hasn’t been a 10/10 audition so far, at least imo. I do think a good amount of people can do better than what they showed in their audition (p.e DeSz, Tamara...) so hopefully the battles and KOs are better overall than the blinds.

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...