The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

27 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

this is where i disagree, if we are doing a strictly "should" with "realistic-ness" thrown out the door, it "should" have been (ignoring people who got robbed early on [rip patrique]):

makenzie, kennedy, kymberli in through the PV

reagan, chevel, sarah grace with any of them winning.

i do think that reagan *would* have made the finale, and i would have preferred her over chris or kirk, but not over kennedy (as i saw you say in another thread)

GIF by Stan.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

I think it is safe to say you are the king of the thread just by this comment alone 

Okay yall tbh.... this is gonna be painful for me to type but I have to be honest.... Joanna/Zan/Allegra have never been able to deliver the power, potential, and progression that I have seen in

1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

this is where i disagree, if we are doing a strictly "should" with "realistic-ness" thrown out the door, it "should" have been (ignoring people who got robbed early on [rip patrique]):

i do think that reagan *would* have made the finale, and i would have preferred her over chris or kirk, but not over kennedy (as i saw you say in another thread)

Kirk and Chris K instantly eliminated lmao i love it

*even though i prefer Chris K over Reagan*

• Haha 2
On 10/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, ashwinner said:

I can't force you to agree with me and clearly you don't have to agree with me but I'll stand with my opinion that Reagan deserved to make it over Kennedy and Kirk. Mackenzie without a doubt should've made it to the Finale. Also  Chevel and Chris K deserved their spots as these two were the two best performances of the night. As for kymberli that performance of Never Alone was her worst performance by far so she didn't stand any chance. And for Kennedy like for real This Is Me... What the heck was that performance, it was one of the worst performance of the nigh along with Kirk's I Swear. Again it's just my opinion you can disagree.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Reagan deserved to make it over Kennedy and Kirk.

I think it is safe to say you are the king of the thread just by this comment alone :haha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I don’t think John Holliday will win, but I think he has a better shot than what other people seem to imply. He’s a male Fantasia imo, and clearly a very talented vocalist.

His audition has grown on me a lot, but I understand his tone is not for everyone (just like Fantasia’s).

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
On 10/19/2020 at 11:20 PM, season1 said:

I love Lauren and Ian from tonight's audition, mainly their tones. I don't care about the other contestants, they're same old same old.

yay!!! someone else that loves lauren as well. she was my favorite performance from monday, and my second-third favorite overall so far (after cami, and tied w sid). her tone is amazing and i love how she both goes for those bigger clearer notes at times and at other times has that rasp in her voice. :))

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I love Maelyn, she's so incredible but let's admit she's not versatile that's why some people calls her One-Trick Pony.

Is this True. Are there people who call her One-Trick Pony.

7 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Yup I saw one saying she's a one-trick pony in the forums and one on her youtube video.

At First I just got confused because people here really like Maelyn in fact she is one of the most liked contestant ever on IDF but Maybe you're right because I Joined the Forums after S18 and I have been lurking since S17 so I don't know what were the thoughts of people back then.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
3 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I love Maelyn, she's so incredible but let's admit she's not versatile that's why some people calls her One-Trick Pony.

Her run on the show was so short that it didn’t allow her to showcase as much as the other contestants in previous seasons. I personally think she killed her “more uptempo” songs.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Her run on the show was so short that it didn’t allow her to showcase as much as the other contestants in previous seasons. I personally think she killed her “more uptempo” songs.

I'd agree, she did extremely well on those: Fallingwater and Wait For You, but I'd note that, like most others, uptempo songs were her weakest point imo. It just happened to be that she was soooo incredible on the others (Hallelujah, Stay, The Scientist, Fields of Gold, Mad World) that even her weakest performances were still incredible.

Imo Payge's audition is overrated, the first few seconds with the low notes were great, but then it got a little out of control. I feel the ones saying is the best audition so far and all of that are a little bit biased maybe? I mean, they can trully think that tho, but that's my opinion.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Imo Payge's audition is overrated, the first few seconds with the low notes were great, but then it got a little out of control.

i agree with this; payge's high notes were very thin.

• Like 1