The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

9 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Season 9 is overrated asf. I don't see the great thing about that season, Jordan overshadowed everyone else at a level that it was painful to see. No matter how everyone else tried, Jordan just outshined them at the grade that it was hard, at least for me, to support any of them and have any real interest in the competition or the performances. (The only one that came any close to his level was Jeffery, but of couse, two country singers placed higher than him)

I agree that Jordan overshadowed everyone else no matter how good someone performed Jordan was gonna win from day 1 but it doesn't mean that season wasnt great other than Jordan's performances there are also many memorable performances as well and S9 is still the #1 season when it comes to sales.All of Jordan's performances were under top 10 also almost all of Amy and Emily's performances were under top 10 Jeffery, Madi and Barret also had several performances under top 10.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

12 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Amy and Madi were the two standouts of the season for me. Amy's one of my favorite contestants of all time.

Obviously Jordan's fantastic and great on a technical level, but I never cared about any of his performances for more than a few seconds. They were too "perfect" I guess.

Amy and Madi brought something continuously exciting to me.

yes! madi took such a different spin on songs, and although amy's style isn't my favorite she definitely was a breath of fresh air with her performances. i would have liked them both in the finale but i didnt watch the season when it happened so perhaps there were others who deserved it over them (although that's honestly hard to believe with their respective levels of originality and creativity)

• Like 1

S9´s main problem was an absolute lack of excitement or unpredictability. We all knew Jordan had it from his blind, and even though many of IDF preferred other contestants (I believe Amy, Jeffrey and Madi were IDF´s favorites that season. Jordan was more respected than liked), he made it difficult for the others to really standout or have any breakout moments that would give them the chance to win. "Somebody to Love" was just merciless honestly.  S8 and S10 also had winners that had from their blind, but at least there was more excitement there. A lot of people actually thought that Kimberly Nichole and Adam Wakefield had a chance of winning those seasons, not to mention almost everybody got a chance to shine there. 

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

S9´s main problem was an absolute lack of excitement or unpredictability. We all knew Jordan had it from his blind, and even though many of IDF preferred other contestants (I believe Amy, Jeffrey and Madi were IDF´s favorites that season. Jordan was more respected than liked), he made it difficult for the others to really standout or have any breakout moments that would give them the chance to win. "Somebody to Love" was just merciless honestly.  S8 and S10 also had winners that had from their blind, but at least there was more excitement there. A lot of people actually thought that Kimberly Nichole and Adam Wakefield had a chance of winning those seasons, not to mention almost everybody got a chance to shine there. 

i think one of the other reasons that s13 is really liked is because there was so much talent that if song choices were slightly different or something got mixed up, we had multiple possibilities for who could win.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DETIED said:

a dark horse will emerge in season 19 and dominate everyone until he wins
Someone no one currently thinks is a lock to the finals

I do have a feeling that a certain Team Blake member that is not talked about at all might surprise some people.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I do have a feeling that a certain Team Blake member that is not talked about at all might surprise some people.

Either of the two acts on Team Blake that get less buzz could be a legitimate contender for the dark horse title.

Of the five acts we know make it at least to the 4-way KO, one has gotten a lot of love on here, one should be Minivan's favorite, and one has a novelty factor that hasn't been seen on the show in a few seasons. One of the other two has some support on here (and is one of the three acts of Team Blake's live show lineup we know has been seen in a promo), though is not IDF's favorite from his team; the other is a much stealthier one and generally forgotten on here but if the audience takes to him he could be quite surprising. I'm a little skeptical of the finale lock claim for either of those last two, but since we have yet to see who the main audience has taken to anything is possible at this point.

3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Either of the two acts on Team Blake that get less buzz could be a legitimate contender for the dark horse title.

Of the five acts we know make it at least to the 4-way KO, one has gotten a lot of love on here, one should be Minivan's favorite, and one has a novelty factor that hasn't been seen on the show in a few seasons. One of the other two has some support on here (and is one of the three acts of Team Blake's live show lineup we know has been seen in a promo), though is not IDF's favorite from his team; the other is a much stealthier one and generally forgotten on here but if the audience takes to him he could be quite surprising. I'm a little skeptical of the finale lock claim for either of those last two, but since we have yet to see who the main audience has taken to anything is possible at this point.

Minivan´s favorite is definitely Blake´s frontrunner, the IDF favorite is still at risk, and the novelty factor one might struggle to get votes, so I´m thinking that one of the last two you mentioned, particulary the forgotten one here might be able to advance.

On 9/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, Zainab Tufail said:

Now this is highly unpopuar on IDF but I think Craig Wayne Boyd deserved to win s7(Matt and Chris were amazing as well)

Hell No. CWB is is just lucky that he's a southern rock artist. Matt should have been the winner.

Adam could have 3 straight wins like Blake if he didn't messed with throwing Josh on season 6 and had a proper strategy on Season 7. He had his team Team split voted that time.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Hell No. CWB is is just lucky that he's a southern rock artist. Matt should have been the winner.

Adam could have 3 straight wins like Blake is he didn't messed with throwing Josh on season 6 and had a proper strategy on Season 7. He had his team Team split voted that time.

I don’t like Adam, but is that his fault? America was the one who voted all of his members to the finale.

And regarding CWB, I don’t think he deserved to win over Matt and Chris but I do think he is the best male country winner.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I don’t like Adam, but is that his fault? America was the one who voted all of his members to the finale.

And regarding CWB, I don’t think he deserved to win over Matt and Chris but I do think he is the best male country winner.

I liked Todd a lot, I feel like his rasp differentiated him from most country singers. But if ur going for authentic country, I think Jake Hoot is the best male country singer this show has ever had.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

I liked Todd a lot, I feel like his rasp differentiated him from most country singers. But if ur going for authentic country, I think Jake Hoot is the best male country singer this show has ever had.

Todd is not a country singer, even if I like his country performances better than CWB‘s. Jake is incredibly mediocre imo so for me he’s not even close to the best.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Adam could have 3 straight wins like Blake if he didn't messed with throwing Josh on season 6 and had a proper strategy on Season 7. He had his team Team split voted that time.

You don't have to agree with me. I think Craig deserved his victory over Matt and Chris J. Lol Matt didin't do a great job with Over The Rainbow it was his weakest performace and it was the closing performance of the Finale and as for Chris he emerged out as a front runner very late so his support didn't reach the level of Craig and Matt.

• Like 2

I wouldn´t be sad if Kelly decides to take one or two seasons off. I like her both as an artist and as a TV personality, but as a coach she leaves a lot to be desired, which makes me sad because I really do love her (similar case to Shakira). I know the show would take a massive hit if she leaves, but as a coach I prefer Xtina, Alicia or even JHud over her. Plus, she is extremely predictable with her teams :stealth:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I wouldn´t be sad if Kelly decides to take one or two seasons off. I like her both as an artist and as a TV personality, but as a coach she leaves a lot to be desired, which makes me sad because I really do love her (similar case to Shakira). I know the show would take a massive hit if she leaves, but as a coach I prefer Xtina, Alicia or even JHud over her. Plus, she is extremely predictable with her teams :stealth:

Wow this is definitely unpopular. I don’t think she’s predictable though...no one thought she was going to pick Damali over Gracee, Alex over Injoy, The Bundys over Mikaela, Abby over Jackson, Presley vs Rizzi (WOW THIS ONE WAS UNEXPECTED...she prob picked Presley because Rizzi was too confident she’d win), DR over Jackie,  Cody Ray over SandyRedd (her only four chair) and finally saving Shane Q instead of Hello Sunday (granted they also went through)

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

Wow this is definitely unpopular. I don’t think she’s predictable though...no one thought she was going to pick Damali over Gracee, Alex over Injoy, The Bundys over Mikaela, Abby over Jackson, Presley vs Rizzi (WOW THIS ONE WAS UNEXPECTED...she prob picked Presley because Rizzi was too confident she’d win), DR over Jackie,  Cody Ray over SandyRedd (her only four chair) and finally saving Shane Q instead of Hello Sunday (granted they also went through)

Predictable in the sense of often having a combination of a teen girl, a diva or a country male on her team.

• Like 1

i think that if reagan had better song choices and didn't have such a big controversy, she could have gotten to the finale and gotten 3rd or so (perhaps higher, I wouldn't be surprised). She got the Apple Music bonus twice, even on one of her more criticized performances (although this isn't a great metric). I thought she was good but given poor song choices often, although on her better song choices ("You are the Reason"), she wasn't spot on perfect. Nevertheless, I think she would have made the finale. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ashwinner said:

i think that if reagan had better song choices and didn't have such a big controversy, she could have gotten to the finale and gotten 3rd or so (perhaps higher, I wouldn't be surprised). She got the Apple Music bonus twice, even on one of her more criticized performances (although this isn't a great metric). I thought she was good but given poor song choices often, although on her better song choices ("You are the Reason"), she wasn't spot on perfect. Nevertheless, I think she would have made the finale. 

This... Imao ! You Are The Reason was such a heart-felt performances and based on the performances the top three should've been Reagan, Chevel and Chris K the fourth being Makenzie via IS. I think Adam should've never given her Cry That was the performance where her downfall started.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Zainab Tufail said:

This... Imao ! You Are The Reason was such a heart-felt performances and based on the performances the top three should've been Reagan, Chevel and Chris K the fourth being Makenzie via IS. I think Adam should've never given her Cry That was the performance where her downfall started.

this is where i disagree, if we are doing a strictly "should" with "realistic-ness" thrown out the door, it "should" have been (ignoring people who got robbed early on [rip patrique]):

makenzie, kennedy, kymberli in through the PV

reagan, chevel, sarah grace with any of them winning.

i do think that reagan *would* have made the finale, and i would have preferred her over chris or kirk, but not over kennedy (as i saw you say in another thread)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1