• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

I love reading some really unpopular opinions but this is too much for me 

Taryn over all of them. 

7 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Kennedy is better than Kimberli Nichole but NO WAY she's better than Kymberli Joye

Well, this the unpop thread after all :teeheewave:

Kimberly being worse than Kennedy and Kymberli tho, that’s another level of unpopularity (it’s very wrong lol)

Kimberly Nichole is imo the best singer and performer to ever be on the show (Idk if that’s unpop or not)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Kimberly Nichole is imo the best singer and performer to ever be on the show (Idk if that’s unpop or not)

Maybe she's good but I don't agree with She is the best singer and performer to ever be on the show, there have been many amazing singers on the show which are far more superior to her, she wasn't even the best of her season( But I respect your opinion we all have our favs)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Daillon said:

Well, this the unpop thread after all :teeheewave:

Kimberly being worse than Kennedy and Kymberli tho, that’s another level of unpopularity (it’s very wrong lol)

i think perhaps a better claim to make is that she's one of the best vocalists on the show ever. that, i believe, is unequivocally true 🙂

• Like 1

IMO, on a technical level, Kim was slightly better than Danielle.

Almost identical ranges, stayed on pitch to a similar extent, but Kim was a lot more dynamic. I think there were vocalists that were significantly better than her (Maelyn, Tessanne, Alisan for example) - but she's certainly better than a lot. IMO, she's in the "great" category, but misses out on the "elite" category. 

2 hours ago, mercfan3 said:

IMO, on a technical level, Kim was slightly better than Danielle.

Almost identical ranges, stayed on pitch to a similar extent, but Kim was a lot more dynamic. I think there were vocalists that were significantly better than her (Maelyn, Tessanne, Alisan for example) - but she's certainly better than a lot. IMO, she's in the "great" category, but misses out on the "elite" category. 

i think its the texture of her voice that makes her stand out - the ones you listed are undeniably incredible vocalists, but for the most part, their voices stay "smooth" (which is a good thing in its own way), but the texture in Kimberly's voice makes more versatile, or as you said, dynamic. i definitely agree with your point, but i think that her versatility to me pushes her into the elite category.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Tamara Jade is just a lesser powerhouse vocalist who isn't that impressive. DeSz isn't really interesting either.

I haven’t spent a lot of time listening to them, but I believe they are very good vocalists. However, people are already comparing them to past contestants (Tamara = Kyla, Desz = Kymberli, etc) and I’m already bored with seeing the same contestants every season. This isn’t just about the divas either, but also male country singers (or country adjacent) with very little originality. Two middle aged pastor winners in a row, eh? Just shut it down, already. 

If Taryn, Payge and Cami all get eliminated, I won’t have any reason to watch, other than this forum. 🙃

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Somewhat on the topic of these last posts: 

As someone who has always rooted for AA women to win or make it far into the show, I’m still a bit salty that Toneisha managed to make Top 2 over Thunderstorm. She was a great vocalist but that’s it, no originality or anything that we haven’t seen on the show.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Tamara Jade is just a lesser powerhouse vocalist who isn't that impressive. DeSz isn't really interesting either.

honestly? i feel like everyone seems to say about their own favorites that "you should wait until they get on the show to make a judgment!"

but when it happens to non-favorites, they don't care lolol

im not saying that this is the case here, you may have listened extensively to them, but i think that the hypocrisy (not necessarily in this post, just in general) about this is interesting 🙃

edit: honestly, im being hypocritical here cause if this post were about someone who i didnt care about then i wouldn't have commented this lmao

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 3

I wasn't a huge Danielle fan during her time on the show, even though of the artists on that season she's probably the most similar to who I would've been as a musician at that point in my life. I do like most of her post-show work, though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

All the other AA Divas > Toneisha

This... She was so boring that even Team Minivan liked her. I guess being on Team Blake, having a boring voice and having a sob story secures you a place in the Top 2

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

Season 9 is overrated asf. I don't see the great thing about that season, Jordan overshadowed everyone else at a level that it was painful to see. No matter how everyone else tried, Jordan just outshined them at the grade that it was hard, at least for me, to support any of them and have any real interest in the competition or the performances. (The only one that came any close to his level was Jeffery, but of couse, two country singers placed higher than him)

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Season 9 is overrated asf. I don't see the great thing about that season, Jordan overshadowed everyone else at a level that it was painful to see. No matter how everyone else tried, Jordan just outshined them at the grade that it was hard, at least for me, to support any of them and have any real interest in the competition or the performances. (The only one that came any close to his level was Jeffery, but of couse, two country singers placed higher than him)

This probably isn’t unpopular around here, but it obviously is among the viewers. 

Amy Vachal > Everyone on that season other than Jordan. Robbed. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This probably isn’t unpopular around here, but it obviously is among the viewers. 

The approximate face I make every time I remember she didn't even get to sing in the semifinals instant save:

angry pokemon GIF

(She and Emily Ann were the only one besides Jordan consistently charting on iTunes, and yet...)

• Like 4
18 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The approximate face I make every time I remember she didn't even get to sing in the semifinals instant save:

angry pokemon GIF

(She and Emily Ann were the only one besides Jordan consistently charting on iTunes, and yet...)

She was too beautiful for Minivan. 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I actually thought Madi > everyone else on that season(other than Jordan and Barret)

Amy and Madi were the two standouts of the season for me. Amy's one of my favorite contestants of all time.

Obviously Jordan's fantastic and great on a technical level, but I never cared about any of his performances for more than a few seconds. They were too "perfect" I guess.

Amy and Madi brought something continuously exciting to me.