Jump to content
idolforums.com
istersay

The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, antikid said:

Most likely very unpopular on here but I don't think Injoy was that robbed. She definitely stood out more in the battle due to her being much louder and 'beltier' than Alex and her energy. However, Alex hit some great notes as well (those low notes, dang!) She did better vocally but not by far. The bigger Kelly made was pairing them together when they are completely different singers

 

I don't think everyone was referring that Alex robbed her (atleast for me). Alex was great too so glad he made it. But Injoy was robbed bc she did not received a steal or save on that performance, she's miles better than Kiara for example, even Melinda oml that girl 😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

I don't think everyone was referring that Alex robbed her (atleast for me). Alex was great too so glad he made it. But Injoy was robbed bc she did not received a steal or save on that performance, she's miles better than Kiara for example, even Melinda oml that girl 😂

 

Nah, IDF hated Kelly´s decision more that the no steal- save situation. I personally liked Alex a lot and was happy to see him moving on, but I can see why people would prefer Injoy since her voice stood out more do to its power, but Alex´s vocal texture and low notes were pretty much indication that he deserved to continue. 

 

But yeah, I wouldn´t say that IDF hated Alex, but they certainly didn´t warm up to him until his KO, which was his breakout moment. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Misirlou said:

Nah, IDF hated Kelly´s decision more that the no steal- save situation.

 

Oh I did not saw that. But yeah I would've preferred a save or steal for Injoy rather than Kiara and Melinda.

 

I love Alex's tone on that battle too, sad that he went home on the Playoffs night.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daillon said:

It hurts to say this because she is on my Top 3 favorite contenstants ever, but Maelyn is very overrated on this forum. Fallingwater wasn’t a great performance (her competition was nonexistent so she still stood out as one of the best performances).

 

And I say this mostly because the level of fanatism over her is too much here. I actually think Alisan had a better run, with more varied song choices, but she isn’t nearly as overrated as Maelyn.

 

I still love Maelyn, but no one deserves the “Perfect Godess” status she recieves.

 


 

 

 

I have to say that Alisan was really not consistent all throughout, no hate but her Crying and Stay With Me Baby was too screamy. I remember a lot hating her bc of her scream-ish performance, also her Cry Baby was too scream-ish for me (Jacquie's version is what I liked more). The only time I started to love her is when she tone it down, for example is in Desperado. Her Somewhere performance just had the right amount of highs for me, so it was a coronation moment rightfully for me.

 

I do agree with Maelyn is overrated here, others can deliver more interesting performances than her and can work on the stage better than her. But personally, I love Maelyn bc of her special tone, IDK but her tone is so authentic and yeah she had been in a lackluster season, that helped her a lot.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daillon said:

It hurts to say this because she is on my Top 3 favorite contenstants ever, but Maelyn is very overrated on this forum. Fallingwater wasn’t a great performance (her competition was nonexistent so she still stood out as one of the best performances).

 

And I say this mostly because the level of fanatism over her is too much here. I actually think Alisan had a better run, with more varied song choices, but she isn’t nearly as overrated as Maelyn.

 

I still love Maelyn, but no one deserves the “Perfect Godess” status she recieves.

 


 

 

She is an excellent vocalist with a crystal clear tone and  she clearly knows what she´s doing. I don´t have her in a "Goddess" pedestal, but I definitely think she´s talented, even if her style is not really my thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you're talking about Maelyn, if she picked Kelly, Kelly would have let her go. She preferred Savannah + Rod over Maelyn, and honestly so do I. Savannah is just so good, and she had really good moments, and Rod is a beast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

Since you're talking about Maelyn, if she picked Kelly, Kelly would have let her go. She preferred Savannah + Rod over Maelyn, and honestly so do I. Savannah is just so good, and she had really good moments, and Rod is a beast!


LOL, now THAT’s what I call an unpopular opinion. 🙃 Well done!

 

I really don’t think Kelly would have let her go. She’s smarter than that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

Since you're talking about Maelyn, if she picked Kelly, Kelly would have let her go. She preferred Savannah + Rod over Maelyn, and honestly so do I. Savannah is just so good, and she had really good moments, and Rod is a beast!

Tbh, it's easy just to say who they preferred but actually choosing is a different story. She openly said Tayler was better but still thought Micah would do better overall so she chose him

Edited by antikid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 7:44 PM, realityshownerd said:

Since you're talking about Maelyn, if she picked Kelly, Kelly would have let her go. She preferred Savannah + Rod over Maelyn, and honestly so do I. Savannah is just so good, and she had really good moments, and Rod is a beast!

Kelly would've also picked Maelyn , She preferred Savannah and Trey in the battles but when they were available for steals she didn't stole them . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

Since you're talking about Maelyn, if she picked Kelly, Kelly would have let her go. She preferred Savannah + Rod over Maelyn, and honestly so do I. Savannah is just so good, and she had really good moments, and Rod is a beast!

I agree with the Savannah and Rod being good, but my guess at the Kelly strategy was that she wanted Maelyn and she was trying to get John to pick Savannah and the public to vote for Rod so she could get Maelyn for herself. That said, had Maelyn started out with Kelly she'd probably be the victim of a tragic screwup.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 8:18 PM, VintageVoice said:

I agree with the Savannah and Rod being good, but my guess at the Kelly strategy was that she wanted Maelyn and she was trying to get John to pick Savannah and the public to vote for Rod so she could get Maelyn for herself. That said, had Maelyn started out with Kelly she'd probably be the victim of a tragic screwup.

You're absolutely right . Not only Kelly but many of the other coaches have also done that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fav winners is (this is probably the most unpopular) Alison Porter and Jake Hoot! Both are so good at what they do, and they are people that I would listen to daily (I actually do). Jake has got a really nice, authentic and strong country song. Watch his battle and KO, they are fire! And when the moment Alison auditioned, I knew she would win. She is a great vocalist who takes risks and puts everything on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think this opinion is really unpopular here . Sawyer Fredericks and Todd Tilgman are ( according to me ) two of the top 5 bes contestants that have ever been on this show .

Edited by Zainab Tufail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 9:07 PM, realityshownerd said:

My fav winners is (this is probably the most unpopular) Alison Porter and Jake Hoot! Both are so good at what they do, and they are people that I would listen to daily (I actually do). Jake has got a really nice, authentic and strong country song. Watch his battle and KO, they are fire! And when the moment Alison auditioned, I knew she would win. She is a great vocalist who takes risks and puts everything on the line.

Jake is really good But I think people don't  like him much because although he was a good County singer but he wasn't as good as compared to Katie , Rose and Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is somewhat unpopular: I loved Melinda Rodriguez and Kiara, and I think that while their song choices blocked them from doing as good as they could have done, they each deserved to go to lives, and honestly to T13 imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I honestly like Celia Babini. I loved her blind and her battle (I think she was better than Karly). She flopped hard on the lives, but her performances were so hilariously bad that ended up being the most enjoyable to me and she was only person aside from Maelyn who I was actually looking forward to watch in S16 :teeheewave:

 

Same happened with Darby in S11 (You Don’t Own Me is comedy gold)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guessing this is an unpopular opinion here: 

 

I feel bad for those pagans who didn't get to fully understand The Queen through her run on the show 😭

Like a philosopher said: "Your snowflake could never" 🤩

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, echoap said:

Guessing this is an unpopular opinion here: 

 

I feel bad for those pagans who didn't get to fully understand The Queen through her run on the show 😭

Like a philosopher said: "Your snowflake could never" 🤩

DAMN this is way better than anything she did on the show imo, which might be an unpopular opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I really don’t think Kelly would have let her go. She’s smarter than that. 

The woman let a gem like Rizzi go.  RIZZI!  How smart can she be?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

The woman let a gem like Rizzi go.  RIZZI!  How smart can she be?!

 

Smart enough to win 3 out of the 5 seasons she's been a coach?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

The woman let a gem like Rizzi go.  RIZZI!  How smart can she be?!


There was no right or wrong decision with that matchup. Both were underwhelming, and neither were catching on with the audience anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:


There was no right or wrong decision with that matchup. Both were underwhelming, and neither were catching on with the audience anyway. 

I guess this makes what I said unpopular:

 

I liked both in that performance and in their blinds. Rizzi's blind was better, but Presley was imo better in the battle. For that, I can't say that Kelly was "wrong," but I'd say that Rizzi would be a better choice. Nevertheless, Presley earned her win in some way imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

 

I don't think everyone was referring that Alex robbed her (atleast for me). Alex was great too so glad he made it. But Injoy was robbed bc she did not received a steal or save on that performance, she's miles better than Kiara for example, even Melinda oml that girl 😂

 

 

I actually thought Kiara did great in their battle. Injoy's the better vocalist but I enjoy Kiara's style more.

 

Here's my unpop opinion:

I love Maelyn as much as the next person, but I thought her high note in Mad World was painful to listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FloorWax said:

 

I actually thought Kiara did great in their battle. Injoy's the better vocalist but I enjoy Kiara's style more.

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 5:07 AM, ashwinner said:

I guess this makes what I said unpopular:

 

I liked both in that performance and in their blinds. Rizzi's blind was better, but Presley was imo better in the battle. For that, I can't say that Kelly was "wrong," but I'd say that Rizzi would be a better choice. Nevertheless, Presley earned her win in some way imo.

Presely was better yeah , but because in that particular song RIZZI wasn't able to showcase her true vocal power as she did in the blinds . If you listen to it Presely got almost all of the high notes while Rizzi got to sing only one . Also just like Mandi in  CAMM VS MANDI Presely sang the most part .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...