The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I will have to echo on xfactor22's comment on his post on this page. (!) 

I am not sure what exactly all goes on in this thread but everyone has a right to post their unpopular opinions IN this thread (the purpose of this thread). And they shouldn't need another thread to do so or ~be kicked out~ of this thread. I know that wasn't flat out said but TeamAudra's post could be read like that. Everyone should be respectful of those opinions  and be respected on having those opinions. Disagreements are fine but be classy and don't make the other person feel bad or disrespected on their opinions.

Everyone please take this as a note.

• Like 1

Just now, *Wallace said:

I will have to echo on xfactor22's comment on his post on this page. (!) 

I am not sure what exactly all goes on in this thread but everyone has a right to post their unpopular opinions IN this thread (the purpose of this thread). And they shouldn't need another thread to do so or ~be kicked out~ of this thread. I know that wasn't flat out said but TeamAudra's post could be read like that. Everyone should be respectful of those opinions  and be respected on having those opinions. Disagreements are fine but be classy and don't make the other person feel bad or disrespected on said opinions.

Everyone take this as a note.

That wasn’t my intent at all. I don’t care what he posts here or anywhere else for that matter. 

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That wasn’t my intent at all. I don’t care what he posts here or anywhere else for that matter. 

Oooh okay. Thanks for clearing that up there. I appreciate that. :hug: 

And the above message is for everyone to follow. We just want everyone to feel comfortable posting what they want and where they want without being made fun of. :yes: 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

eah, maybe i overreacted on the crying emoticon and my follow-up post. 

27 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh okay. Thanks for clearing that up there. I appreciate that. :hug: 

And the above message is for everyone to follow. We just want everyone to feel comfortable posting what they want and where they want without being made fun of. :yes: 

Thanks, wallace, but i realzie i should be less sensitive too. I need to not care so much about what people think about me.

2 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

Here’s an unpopular opinion for some of IDF: You’re allowed to post opinions on other threads besides the unpopular opinions thread and NOBODY should be made  fun  about their unpopular opinions and nobody should use a person who’s views are vastly different from the majority of IDF to label that user as/tell other posters that they are a “contrarian” poster (whatever that means, which could be a derogatory term) and dismiss their opinion as irrelevant. Also, when someone tries to clarify a post that wasn’t even intended to be an opinion, just a tongue-in-cheek statement about IDF and it’s it girl of the season, their post should be taken seriously  and not made fun of with a derogatory GIF.

this is absolutely correct; however... I would like to point out that you say objectively incorrect things like "I dont think cammwess has enough support" and other incorrect things. in that case, people should be allowed to point out that you're incorrect. I dont see why that should be an issue, as you are (obviously unintentionally, not blaming you) spreading misinformation with that. however, opinions are opinions and I (and hopefully others) am willing to respect that. I apologize if you felt that I was attacking you in the past.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

this is absolutely correct; however... I would like to point out that you say objectively incorrect things like "I dont think cammwess has enough support" and other incorrect things. in that case, people should be allowed to point out that you're incorrect. I dont see why that should be an issue, as you are (obviously unintentionally, not blaming you) spreading misinformation with that. however, opinions are opinions and I (and hopefully others) am willing to respect that. I apologize if you felt that I was attacking you in the past.

true, but that was a prediction based off of past season, not an opinion, but an incorrect prediction.  and ash, you haven't been attacking aynone. Honestly nobody really has. 

• Like 1

Isn't the point of the Unpop Thread being able to give out unpopular opinions without others actively discrediting you or shaming you for having them?

I know some of the comments here can be eye-roll inducing, but this place is supposed to be a safe space for stuff like that. Just let people believe what they want to believe. No need to laugh and point. JMO.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 3

Taste is taste so, as long as people post "unpopular opinions" IN this "unpopular opinions thread", I usually don’t care.

I'd say that IDF is in a pretty good shape rn. Almost everyone here is respectful and most people don't take the show as serious as in the past. There's always that one person though (which could be me, in fact :haha:). So, personally, I ignore posts that don't add anything productive to the discussion.

Here's an accurate representation of me ignoring that type of post:

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, echoap said:

Taste is taste so, as long as people post "unpopular opinions" IN this "unpopular opinions thread", I usually don’t care.

I'd say that IDF is in a pretty good shape rn. Almost everyone here is respectful and most people don't take the show as serious as in the past. There's always that one person though (which could be me, in fact :haha:). So, personally, I ignore posts that don't add anything productive to the discussion.

Here's an accurate representation of me ignoring that type of post:

tenor.gif

...so that’s what that gif means when you responded using it to me in another thread. I did add productive stuff to the discussion, 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Cammwess/Mandi Castillo - "Senorita" 

Joanna Serenko - "Rich Girl"

Were the funniest performances of S18. While they were awful song choices, they made me laugh to another level lmao.

Me:

man slapping couch laughing GIF

why'd they make you laugh?

25 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

why'd they make you laugh?

The choices were so awful and I just thought "lmao, this ain't gonna get you anywhere"

I love Cammwess, but he's lucky Kelly is intrigued into spanish performances and saw something in him to trigger her steal.

Joanna's lucky she got more votes than Joei as well.

5 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

The choices were so awful and I just thought "lmao, this ain't gonna get you anywhere"

I love Cammwess, but he's lucky Kelly is intrigued into spanish performances and saw something in him to trigger her steal.

Joanna's lucky she got more votes than Joei as well.

i wouldn’t say lucky for either of those - cammwess earned his steal and was likely going to get it no matter the song choice.

furthemore, minivan hates joei for taking out their precious levi so she wasn’t getting more votes than joanna. moreover, joanna got probably 2nd in team blake and didn’t pick a horrible song, just one that didn’t do her favors 

btw Cammwess > Thunderstorm

and Micah is the most basic alt-rock guy who has been inconsistent since his blind. So many better Alt-Rock guys on this show that didn't even make the finale like Hunter and Noah are way better than his vocals.

idk if I said it already, but its there lmao.

5 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Imo, Marybeth is one of The Voice's most overrated contestants. She was and is very good, but I never understood the extreme hype they had for her... from the KO's onwards, I wasn't a fan of any of her performances.

Agreed, but I think that her decline had to do with her song choices rather than her talent. 

• Like 1

people complain about Allegras enunciation and I can see why, but I can always tell which words she is saying. however, in Joannas rich girl performance, there were several lines I didnt understand and I was surprised when I turned on the captions to find that I had misheard several whole lines.

• Haha 1

Not sure if this is unpop but the person hurt most by the block in all seasons since its introduction was Marybeth. I know she still made semifinals but with Blake I believe she would have made the finale easily and I think overall her run on the show would've been much better then again she seemed fond of going pop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antikid said:

Not sure if this is unpop but the person hurt most by the block in all seasons since its introduction was Marybeth. I know she still made semifinals but with Blake I believe she would have made the finale easily and I think overall her run on the show would've been much better then again she seemed fond of going pop

Considering in her blind she said "I love Adele" she would've still tried the pop route but I think if she'd been on Team Blake, he at least would've picked songs that worked a bit better for her. In terms of most hurt by the block, I'd say Domenic in S16 beats her out but I don't think that's as unpopular of an opinion.

My own hot takes on this show:

• Season 16's Rod Stokes deserved to be a four-chair turn in his BA; I understand Kelly not wanting to go for artists she didn't think would pick her but if Celia could get four chairs and tank that hard in the live rounds, Rod (who didn't tank) could've gotten four chairs too.
  • Four-person finales are more interesting than three people, but since switching back to four people the show quality hasn't kept up with providing four solid contestants in the finale.
  • Season 18 is the strongest Top 9 since season 5 (I'd say season 13, but I didn't like Red or Adam whereas with season 5 once we got to the top 8 everyone had at least one performance I enjoyed).
  • Jacob Daniel Murphy deserved better; for not remembering his part of the montage in the Blinds I expected him to get eaten alive by Toneisha in the battles but he went toe-to-toe and made it entertaining even if it was clear his falsetto was strained at times.
  • The Alicia/Kelly/Blake/Adam panel of Season 14 is the best panel, followed by a tie between the original four and Shakira/Usher/Blake/Adam.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

and Micah is the most basic alt-rock guy who has been inconsistent since his blind. So many better Alt-Rock guys on this show that didn't even make the finale like Hunter and Noah are way better than his vocals.

Huh? Taste is subjective but its clear that Micah has much more range and vocal ability than them. It's like saying Taylor Swift is a better singer than Kelly Clarkson.

Edited by sneaky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, sneaky said:

Huh? Taste is subjective but its clear that Micah has much more range and vocal ability than them. It's like saying Taylor Swift is a better singer than Kelly Clarkson.

At least in the case of Noah, his range is just different (Micah's more of a tenor/baritenor while Noah was pretty solidly in baritone land); I don't remember season 12 all that well so I can't speak for Hunter.

11 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I prefer Noah and Hunter to Micah, but the latter has a lot of ability as well and a very clear tone (particularly noticed in his battle)