The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

21 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Hey guys, thought I would take a crack at this thread. Stay healthy and please don't crucify me too much for these lol.

Bria Kelly was horrible: She gave one ok performance in her blind which half the time was screaming, but it worked I guess. Then every performance afterwards was trash. "Piece of My Heart" she just screamed over Tess who was killing it, "Stand By You" showed that she couldn't sing softly, "Wild Horses" showed that her voice wasn't as big as we all thought, just raspy, "Rolling in the Deep" showed that she was unable to work the stage properly and had to have her guitar there as a safety blanket (watch it back, she literally lets it hang there and doesn't play it till the last 20 seconds), "I'm With You" was just awful

Kirk Jay had a terrible tone: Yikes, that was a HARD voice for me to listen to. I'll give him that he was able to connect pretty well, but his tone was just horrible to listen to.

I thought Presley rightfully beat Rizzi in their battle: I probably would have still picked Rizzi because of overall body work and potential and she totally deserved a steal, but Presley's voice sounded more natural in the bombastic part and she worked the stage better than Rizzi did imo

The biggest bus in all of Voice history (excpept Robegate) was Team Shakira Season 6: TPTB knew going in when they went to edit the season which contestants the Top 12 were since Playoffs were prerecorded. Two of of the three (Tess and Dani) had montaged auditions and BOTH of Kristen's battles were too! They easily could have switched some people who were and weren't monatged to make it so that way Sharkira had a fair shot in the live shows (Ex. Montage Deshawn Washington instead of Tess or Dani, because he was an average one chair turn who was eliminated in the battles. It would have made much more sense of Dani, his battle partner, or Tess, who was stolen TWICE to get that airtime). I think this is bigger than Kyla's bus, Shane Q's bus, and Lauren Duskoi's bus because it wasn't just one incident with one contestant, but three continuously getting bussed

Sorry if these had been shared before in the old thread, I joined recently and never peaked at it

When did Lauren get bussed?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless if he was somehow on Team Adam.

Don't even go there with me.  I'm not doing this again.😡

Cami is overrated, nothing special. Brooke Adee’s Verdion was better

27 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Hey guys, thought I would take a crack at this thread. Stay healthy and please don't crucify me too much for these lol.

Bria Kelly was horrible: She gave one ok performance in her blind which half the time was screaming, but it worked I guess. Then every performance afterwards was trash. "Piece of My Heart" she just screamed over Tess who was killing it, "Stand By You" showed that she couldn't sing softly, "Wild Horses" showed that her voice wasn't as big as we all thought, just raspy, "Rolling in the Deep" showed that she was unable to work the stage properly and had to have her guitar there as a safety blanket (watch it back, she literally lets it hang there and doesn't play it till the last 20 seconds), "I'm With You" was just awful

Kirk Jay had a terrible tone: Yikes, that was a HARD voice for me to listen to. I'll give him that he was able to connect pretty well, but his tone was just horrible to listen to.

I thought Presley rightfully beat Rizzi in their battle: I probably would have still picked Rizzi because of overall body work and potential and she totally deserved a steal, but Presley's voice sounded more natural in the bombastic part and she worked the stage better than Rizzi did imo

The biggest bus in all of Voice history (excpept Robegate) was Team Shakira Season 6: TPTB knew going in when they went to edit the season which contestants the Top 12 were since Playoffs were prerecorded. Two of of the three (Tess and Dani) had montaged auditions and BOTH of Kristen's battles were too! They easily could have switched some people who were and weren't monatged to make it so that way Sharkira had a fair shot in the live shows (Ex. Montage Deshawn Washington instead of Tess or Dani, because he was an average one chair turn who was eliminated in the battles. It would have made much more sense of Dani, his battle partner, or Tess, who was stolen TWICE to get that airtime). I think this is bigger than Kyla's bus, Shane Q's bus, and Lauren Duskoi's bus because it wasn't just one incident with one contestant, but three continuously getting bussed

Sorry if these had been shared before in the old thread, I joined recently and never peaked at it

-Agree that Shakira´s team In S6 was pretty much destined to fail with the edit TPTB gave them, but she partook in that bus as well, with her song choices in the lives...

- Lauren Duski wasn´t as pimped as Chris Blue that season, but I don´t remember her being bussed at all. She had a fairly respectable edit and good song choices and performance slots in the lives.

You guys will probably hate me after this:

- Toneisha is overrated! Sorry, but it’s true

- Joei and Megan are my favs

- Don’t understand the hype over Zan and Joana

- Kelly has the strongest team overall

- Mandi Thomas is painfully underrated

- John made all the incorrect decisions in the KO (it should be Darious, Joana and Thunderstorm)

- I miss Gwen

- This season is the strongest since S13

3 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

- John made all the incorrect decisions in the KO (it should be Darious, Joana and Thunderstorm)

- I miss Gwen

I respect that tbh, Joei and Megan I feel are better than some people want to say. At least on IDF, they feel underrated.

Gwen is a QUEEN, and I lowkey love this Top 17 tbh, I have like 8 or 9 people to root for lol. 

Toneisha YES, agreed.

Edited by QueenMae16
2 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

- I miss Gwen

These opinions aren't really aggravating lol. All of them are respectable.

3 hours ago, realityshownerd said:

- I miss Gwen

Half of these are popular but I agree with most of this (except the first and third tho)

People have been saying this particular statement ever since we discovered that the live shows will be filmed from home, and I used to agree to with, but after watching AI's "live shows", I have to change my tune. I don't think the acoustic singer/songwriters this season have as huge of an advantage over the other artists in the remote live shows format as IDF thinks. There were a lot of them in AI's Top 20 yesterday, and honestly, they just kind of blended together for me. There's no sense of urgency in their performances, it all just feels like I'm watching someone's YT channel before they even went on the show. Granted, I think TV18's cast >>> AI18's cast, so I may be completely off here, but I think everyone in TV18's cast needs to learn from this and amp up their stage presence even more if they wanted to stand out in the Top 17, or at least put on an engaging show.

Edited by mjdolorico

I’m sorry to say but:

- Maelyn did not deserve to win that season! Sure she was good, but she wasn’t the best!!! Jej, Rod and Dexter would have been a better choice! They show versatility, and she is a one trick pony! Although she is a talented person, she shouldn’t have won. If she was on last season, she’d be the CLEAR WINNER!

- The most robbed person on this show is....ALI CALDWELL and MACKENZIE THOMAS! It was shocking to me that she was eliminated. 

- Katie Kadan is my fav contestant on The Voice! She is a powerhouse, electrifying and amazing! Love her to death.

- Kennedy Holmes and Kirk Jay are overrated, and Chevel rightfully won her season. Ricky Duran, Maelyn Jarmon and Kyla are also overrated, but talented.

- The finale lineup for S10 - S18 should have been....(not in order of placement)

10: Alison, Hannah, Bryan and Mary

11: Ali, Billy, We, Christian/Sundance

12: Chris, Lauren, Brennley, Hunter

13: Addison, Brooke, Chloe and Keisha/Noah

14: Brynn, Britton, Kyla and Jackie/Spensha

15: Chevel, Mackenzie, Kymberyli and ....SandyRedd (but she was eliminated T13)

16: Rod, Jej, Dexter and....maybe Kim Cherry

17: Katie, Jake, Rose and Kat/Ricky (one TB finalist)

18: Megan, Joei, Micah and Thunderstorm 

5 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I’m sorry to say but:

- Maelyn did not deserve to win that season! Sure she was good, but she wasn’t the best!!! Jej, Rod and Dexter would have been a better choice! They show versatility, and she is a one trick pony! Although she is a talented person, she shouldn’t have won. If she was on last season, she’d be the CLEAR WINNER!

- The most robbed person on this show is....ALI CALDWELL and MACKENZIE THOMAS! It was shocking to me that she was eliminated. 

- Katie Kadan is my fav contestant on The Voice! She is a powerhouse, electrifying and amazing! Love her to death.

- Kennedy Holmes and Kirk Jay are overrated, and Chevel rightfully won her season. Ricky Duran, Maelyn Jarmon and Kyla are also overrated, but talented.

- The finale lineup for S10 - S18 should have been....(not in order of placement)

10: Alison, Hannah, Bryan and Mary

11: Ali, Billy, We, Christian/Sundance

12: Chris, Lauren, Brennley, Hunter

13: Addison, Brooke, Chloe and Keisha/Noah

14: Brynn, Britton, Kyla and Jackie/Spensha

15: Chevel, Mackenzie, Kymberyli and ....SandyRedd (but she was eliminated T13)

16: Rod, Jej, Dexter and....maybe Kim Cherry

17: Katie, Jake, Rose and Kat/Ricky (one TB finalist)

18: Megan, Joei, Micah and Thunderstorm 

Obviously thinking someone is the best is heavily subjective and I totally respect your opinion but to think Maelyn of all people that season was a one trick pony, I'm just straight up confused if you're trolling 

Edited by antikid
15 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I’m sorry to say but:

-

I'm gonna pretend I didn't just see this, oh lord hold me back on this child I just-

henry danger fighting GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, realityshownerd said:

I’m sorry to say but:

lul 😂. I saw similar comments on Facebook though, you're not alone 🤣

29 minutes ago, echoap said:

they can continue to seethe, tasteless flops.

I have another though: Delaney Silvernell was robbed in her KO, Steve was bad lmao.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, echoap said:

I don’t agree with realityshownerd on that one, but I admire him/her for having the guts to post that here! :haha: I do like their opinion on S15. It may be unpopular on IDF, but obviously not with the show’s audience. 

28 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I have another though: Delaney Silvernell was robbed in her KO, Steve was bad lmao.

Yeah, Delaney deserved at least a couple more rounds that season. 

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t agree with realityshownerd on that one, but I admire him/her for having the guts to post that here! :haha: I do like their opinion on S15. It may be unpopular on IDF, but obviously not with the show’s audience. 

Chevel rightfully won season 15 so they're surprisingly right on that one. :haha:

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Steve was pretty hated here tho, and many people here still voted for her as the winner of that KO. The more unpopular opinion would be that he fairly beat her, which honestly I agree with, because she was really liked on IDF.

Now THAT is a BURNING take here on IDF lol. It surely got me just a little stirred up 😅

But I respect you for having the guts. I actually think Jej was more of the one-trick pony. And Kim Cherry.... oh lord I can't fathom how you think she deserves to make finale over Queen but again, respect.

46 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Now THAT is a BURNING take here on IDF lol. It surely got me just a little stirred up 😅

But I respect you for having the guts. I actually think Jej was more of the one-trick pony. And Kim Cherry.... oh lord I can't fathom how you think she deserves to make finale over Queen but again, respect.

Oh, I think Jej was good, just a casualty of bad song choices.  If he'd done something popular (like Sam Smith'' Stay With Me) he would have lasted a lot longer.

Anyway...

Here's a couple from me -

- I have never liked Mylie Cyrus as a coach.  Sorry.  She seems like a nice person, but some of her coaching decisions have been real head-scratchers.

- Jake Hoot did not deserve to win last season. Quite frankly, I found him quite bland and generic.  Same goes for Josh Gallagher, Jake Worthington, and all the other bland generic country singers.  They all sound the same to me.  (I did like Sundance who at least had some really creative artistic treatments.)

- Jacob Daniel Murphy was underrated. 

I'm sure l have a lot more that I can't remember right now lol.

Edited by Catsy

Let me see.

- SandyRedd was robbed. Even her other performances, which were not as good as her audition - the greatest audition of all times -  were great. No More Drama and Dangerous Woman were fantastic performances, especially the first one. Incredible tone and control.

- Ali Caldwell is the most robbed for sure. What a tragedy to be eliminated against #genericcountrysinger#53. Shit on Miley all you want but she gave that girl great song and Ali NAILED them and she still got eliminated. freak TEAM MINIVAN.

Getting eliminated after those 2 performances. SHAME. 

- Micah Iverson is one of the best singers this season and deserved his win. His song was much harder than Tayler, so little breathing room and the guy killed it. Great range, tone, fantastic singer and he's just getting started.

I love Tayler and she could replace many of the top 17 but oh well.

- Had Miley kept Chloe and lost to blake because he got the country chick you would all still shit on her anyways. She can't win with you people. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

- Zan’s PO performance is one of the best Voice performances in recent years, period ( I would include Tstorm but I don’t think that’s unpop)

- Micah is very underrated here, he had 3 really solid perfomances and yesterday had one of the best performaces of the season. He would be a deserving finalist.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

- Zan’s PO performance is one of the best Voice performances in recent years, period ( I would include Tstorm but I don’t think that’s unpop)

- Micah is very underrated here, he had 3 really solid perfomances and yesterday had one of the best performaces of the season. He would be a deserving finalist.

agree with both. i feel like it's too early to call Zan's one of the best just yet, but I definitely loved it.

15 hours ago, Daillon said:

+ the production, it was definitely a moment!

• Like 2

Here’s an unpopular opinion for some of IDF: You’re allowed to post opinions on other threads besides the unpopular opinions thread and NOBODY should be made  fun  about their unpopular opinions and nobody should use a person who’s views are vastly different from the majority of IDF to label that user as/tell other posters that they are a “contrarian” poster (whatever that means, which could be a derogatory term) and dismiss their opinion as irrelevant. Also, when someone tries to clarify a post that wasn’t even intended to be an opinion, just a tongue-in-cheek statement about IDF and it’s it girl of the season, their post should be taken seriously  and not made fun of with a derogatory GIF.

1 minute ago, xfactor22 said:

Here’s an unpopular opinion for some of IDF: You’re allowed to post opinions on other threads besides the unpopular opinions thread and NOBODY should be made  fun  about their unpopular opinions and nobody should use a person who’s views are vastly different from the majority of IDF to label that user as/tell other posters that they are a “contrarian” poster (whatever that means, which could be a derogatory term) and dismiss their opinion as irrelevant. Also, when someone tries to clarify a post that wasn’t even intended to be an opinion, just a tongue-in-cheek statement about IDF and it’s it girl of the season, their post should be taken seriously  and not made fun of with a derogatory GIF.

I have a suggestion...

”Xfactor’s Unpopular Opinions Thread”

I think it would be a hit. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1